Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. (/Thread-Erdogen-promoses-to-invade-Greece-after-the-election)

Pages: 1 2

Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - StLucieBengal - 02-21-2018

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/921193/World-War-3-Turkey-threaten-invade-Greece-Aegean-Sea

A Muslim nation responsible for funnelling in much of Europe’s demographic replacement is now threatening a European nation with an invasion and war.

Quote:World War 3: Turkish politician promises to INVADE GREECE if victorious in the election

Joseph Carey
PUBLISHED: 08:33, Tue, Feb 20, 2018
Turkey politician promises to invade GreeceGetty

Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu has threatened to invade Greece
TURKEY’S leader of the Republican People’s Party (CHP) has threatened to invade “18 Greek islands in the Aegean Sea” if he comes to power that could trigger World War 3 as president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan continued his aggressive rhetoric after imposing his forces in Syria, it has emerged.

Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu declared that if he wins the country’s election when Turks go the polls next year he will wage war against Greece to take over the islands after declaring Athens has “no document” to ownership over them.

He stated he would “invade and take over 18 Greek islands in the Aegean Sea, just as former Turkish PM Bulent Ecevit invaded Cyprus in 1974”.

Meanwhile, the inflammatory comments were supported by the head of the newly formed “Good Party”, Meral Akşener, who will also make a bid to run Turkey and hinted that they could wage war against Greece.

She remarked that “what is required must be done” in a post on Twitter.

Advertisement

The statements come at a time when president Erdoğan finds himself emboldened after conducting a military operation in the northern region of neighbouring Syria, Afrin.

The leader recently warned Bashar al-Assad that he risked war with Ankara if he decided to intervene in the ongoing conflict in the northern area.

In a recent speech, he continued his aggressive rhetoric and hinted he too could confront Greece after issuing a warning to “those who have crossed the line in the Aegean and Cyprus.”

He continued: "Their courage persists only until they see our army, our ships and our planes...Whatever Afrin is to us, our rights in the Aegean and Cyprus are the same.

"Do not ever think that the natural gas exploration in the waters of Cyprus and the opportunistic attempts in the Aegean Sea drop off our radar.

"Just as we disrupt the plots [in the region] through Operation Euphrates Shield and Operation Olive Branch [on Syria], and soon in Manbij and other regions, we can and we will disrupt the plots of those who engage in miscalculations on our southern border.

“Our warships and air forces are keeping an eye on the area closely to intervene in every way when required."

Mr Erdoğan was keen to relive the glory days of the Ottoman Empire, also known as the Turkish Empire, and hinted that he could take back some of the lands that were lost when it collapsed in the early twentieth century.

Advertisement

Getty

The leader recently issued a stark warning to Bashar al-Assad
Getty

Mr Erdoğan was keen to relive the glory days of the Ottoman Empire
At the height of its power, the Ottoman Empire controlled the majority of southeastern Europe, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, western Asia and northern Africa.

The empire became a vital mediator between the eastern and western worlds for six centuries.

As part of its rule, the Ottoman Empire represented the Islamic Caliphate that launched wars of in the name of jihad.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - Belsnickel - 02-21-2018

Turkey has been on a terrible path in the past few years. They were a model of a secular Muslim majority nation in that area of the world and a great ally at one time. Much like Iran, though, they have turned their back on that in an "anti-Western" theme and have proven to be very problematic.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - StLucieBengal - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 03:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Turkey has been on a terrible path in the past few years. They were a model of a secular Muslim majority nation in that area of the world and a great ally at one time. Much like Iran, though, they have turned their back on that in an "anti-Western" theme and have proven to be very problematic.

Yup. It’s troubling . Glad to see the EU put the brakes on adding them. Although as an anti EU person I would love to see them tear it down from the inside . The only problem is Europe would go down with all the visa free travel. Muslims would be flooding Europe at even higher rates than now.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 03:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Turkey has been on a terrible path in the past few years. They were a model of a secular Muslim majority nation in that area of the world and a great ally at one time. Much like Iran, though, they have turned their back on that in an "anti-Western" theme and have proven to be very problematic.

If you'll recall, at the time the coup failed I predicted exactly this.  Things would be so much better in Turkey if the coup had succeeded.  Might be time to kick Turkey out of NATO.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - BmorePat87 - 02-21-2018

Russia annexes land from another sovereign nation: YAY!

A Muslim nation says they want to annex land from another sovereign nation: DJADAJDSLSJD@(UE)(*UE)@U(E@)UE)(@U*E)()!!)!)IW!IP!IP(!WI(PW

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 07:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Russia annexes land from another sovereign nation: YAY!

A Muslim nation says they want to annex land from another sovereign nation: DJADAJDSLSJD@(UE)(*UE)@U(E@)UE)(@U*E)()!!)!)IW!IP!IP(!WI(PW

Why do you respond to Lucie like that?  Do you think it's a good thing if Turkey invades Greece?  I'd suspect not.  Criticizing Lucie for his obvious hypocrisy is a useless effort and it makes you look unreasonable in the process.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - treee - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 07:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you'll recall, at the time the coup failed I predicted exactly this.  Things would be so much better in Turkey if the coup had succeeded.  Might be time to kick Turkey out of NATO.

No the "coup" was completely successful. Because it wasn't an actual coup attempt at all.

(02-21-2018, 07:38 PM)treee Wrote: No the "coup" was completely successful. Because it wasn't an actual coup attempt at all.

I like how your mind works.  ThumbsUp

Honestly, I hadn't considered that possibility.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - Belsnickel - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 07:38 PM)treee Wrote: No the "coup" was completely successful. Because it wasn't an actual coup attempt at all.

(02-21-2018, 07:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I like how your mind works.  ThumbsUp

Honestly, I hadn't considered that possibility.

I'm surprised. That was always my impression of it. That's why they blamed it on someone that all intelligence says had nothing to do with it. It was a way to root out those opposed to the current regime and attempt to validate their actions imprisoning their political opponents.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - hollodero - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 08:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm surprised. That was always my impression of it. That's why they blamed it on someone that all intelligence says had nothing to do with it. It was a way to root out those opposed to the current regime and attempt to validate their actions imprisoning their political opponents.

Yes. Also, the Turkish military would know better than to orchestrate such a dilettante coup.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - fredtoast - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 07:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Criticizing Lucie for his obvious hypocrisy is a useless effort and it makes you look unreasonable in the process.

I don't see anything unreasonable about pointing out obvious hypocrisy.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - StLucieBengal - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 07:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Russia annexes land from another sovereign nation: YAY!

(02-21-2018, 07:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Why do you respond to Lucie like that?  Do you think it's a good thing if Turkey invades Greece?  I'd suspect not.  Criticizing Lucie for his obvious hypocrisy is a useless effort and it makes you look unreasonable in the process.

Big difference. Over Half of Greece doesn’t wish they were part of Turkey.

Large slice of Ukrainians would happily go back to being with Russia.

A lot of those former ussr countries want to bring be back together or at least be really close.

This is why I am sympathic to the relationship between the former Soviet states

Turkey shouldn’t be expanding Too much instability

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - fredtoast - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 09:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Big difference.  Over Half of Greece doesn’t wish they were part of Turkey.

A lot of those former ussr countries want to bring be back together or at least be really close.

Turkey shouldn’t be expanding  Too much instability

So sovereign countries should not be able to define and control their own borders?

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - GMDino - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 09:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So sovereign countries should not be able to define and control their own borders?

Not when Russia is involved.  Some folks "know" what the majority of former Russians are thinking.

(02-21-2018, 09:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So sovereign countries should not be able to define and control their own borders?

Sure.

I can be sympathetic to people’s desire to be close with Russia again and still stand for sovereign countries. It’s a unique scenario and given my experiences I am sympathetic.

It’s really between Ukraine and Russo on Crimea.

And the Greeks and turkey on this one. Will be interesting to see if the EU army is mobilized.

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - BmorePat87 - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 09:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Big difference.  Over Half of Greece doesn’t wish they were part of Turkey.

Turkey shouldn’t be expanding  Too much instability

So if Turkey held a fraudulent referendum in those Aegean Islands, you'd be down for them annexing them?

(02-21-2018, 09:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So if Turkey held a fraudulent referendum in those Aegean Islands, you'd be down for them annexing them?

It’s honeslty not my business. I do wish turkey would get a new leader and moderate some..... I enjoyed traveling there and would like to return.

I also do not have much faith in the Ukrainian government.

Having done research, 95% of the islands that many have said Turkey would consider "grey zones" are immediately off the coast of Turkey and contain anywhere from 0-150 residents. Most have under 10 residents. They're tiny islands that are over a hundred miles off the coast of mainland Greece. Many of the larger undisputed islands near them under Greek control were mostly populated with an ethnically Turkish population prior to WWI.

It's literally the same argument Russia used with the Crimea, just with 0.025% the population.

(02-21-2018, 08:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see anything unreasonable about pointing out obvious hypocrisy.

Is this new information to anyone, no.  Does it obscure a discussion on a rather important issue, yes.  Does it make the thread about Lucie's previous inane claims regardinf Russia rather than a NATO ally threatening to invade another NATO ally, yes.

So, again, I ask what is the actual point of pointing it out?

RE: Erdogen promoses to invade Greece after the election. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-22-2018

(02-21-2018, 08:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm surprised. That was always my impression of it. That's why they blamed it on someone that all intelligence says had nothing to do with it. It was a way to root out those opposed to the current regime and attempt to validate their actions imprisoning their political opponents.

I'm forced to agree, in retrospect I can't believe it didn't occur to me.  My first thought when it was ongoing was how they could do such a shit job that taken Erdogen into custody wasn't their first move.  Now that makes sense.

(02-21-2018, 08:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yes. Also, the Turkish military would know better than to orchestrate such a dilettante coup.

I don't know how unpopular a real coup would have been.  I do know that Turkey has become less and less secular as the years wear on.