Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Why can't I post images anymore? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: News, Help & Feedback (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-News-Help-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Why can't I post images anymore? (/Thread-Why-can-t-I-post-images-anymore)

Why can't I post images anymore? - fredtoast - 02-28-2018

Not really a problem with this site, but just wondering why I can't just copy a link and post an image.

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - HarleyDog - 02-28-2018

(02-28-2018, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really a problem with this site, but just wondering why I can't just copy a link and post an image.

Is it just in certain forums? The reason I ask, in the thread good clean Picts and jokes I can see pictures others post. In the VIP lounge I can only see links and no pictures.

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - fredtoast - 02-28-2018

(02-28-2018, 04:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is it just in certain forums? The reason I ask, in the thread good clean Picts and jokes I can see pictures others post. In the VIP lounge I can only see links and no pictures.

It has to do with the results I get when I do an "image search".  It has nothing to do with this message board (I don't think).

I used to get an option to "view image" when I did an image search then I would just copy the URL.  Now I don't get that option when I do an image search, and whenever I do get a URL it does not post an image when I paste it in the "post an image" box here.

Maybe I have to use another source for my "image search"

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - SunsetBengal - 02-28-2018

Are you speaking of the pictures in your plywood art thread?

Could it be the source may have "protections" written into them, making them in-viewable for repost? You might want to ask 'Holic on that one. He helped me once, when having trouble posting images.

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - Vas Deferens - 02-28-2018

Recent change to google's image platform, Fred 

Try right clicking on the image you want and selecting 'open image in new tab' (in chrome).  Will be the same result as clicking the button previously.

A lot of this had to do with webmaster complaints that it creates a drain on bandwidth without any ad revenue.

Nothing to do with this board.

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-01-2018

(02-28-2018, 07:17 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Recent change to google's image platform, Fred 

Try right clicking on the image you want and selecting 'open image in new tab' (in chrome).  Will be the same result as clicking the button previously.

A lot of this had to do with webmaster complaints that it creates a drain on bandwidth without any ad revenue.

Nothing to do with this board.

Yep....took me a couple of times to figure that one out myself.....but NOTHING will stand in my way of posting smartass memes and gifs......NOTHING. LMAO

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - Vas Deferens - 03-01-2018

(03-01-2018, 12:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....took me a couple of times to figure that one out myself.....but NOTHING will stand in my way of posting smartass memes and gifs......NOTHING. LMAO

[Image: 3aa.gif]

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - BengalHawk62 - 03-01-2018

Can you post an image while using your phone? because I have more options available on my pc than I get on my phone on this site. 

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - HarleyDog - 03-02-2018

(03-01-2018, 12:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....took me a couple of times to figure that one out myself.....but NOTHING will stand in my way of posting smartass memes and gifs......NOTHING. LMAO

I know the feeling. Trust me. 

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-02-2018

(03-01-2018, 12:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: [Image: 3aa.gif]

Mooning

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - GMDino - 03-02-2018

(02-28-2018, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It has to do with the results I get when I do an "image search".  It has nothing to do with this message board (I don't think).

I used to get an option to "view image" when I did an image search then I would just copy the URL.  Now I don't get that option when I do an image search, and whenever I do get a URL it does not post an image when I paste it in the "post an image" box here.

Maybe I have to use another source for my "image search"

Sometimes you HAVE to go to the site where the image is to get a "clean" link.

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - SunsetBengal - 03-11-2018

If all else fails, try using the image tags.

[img](paste link here)[/img]

RE: Why can't I post images anymore? - BengalsRocker - 03-11-2018

[Image: crying-indian.gif?resize=320%2C240]