Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Which team has been more successful? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Which team has been more successful? (/Thread-Which-team-has-been-more-successful)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Which team has been more successful? - fredtoast - 03-08-2018

As a fan which team would you rather have rooted for over the last 15 years.  Neither team has made it to the Super Bowl

Team "A"... 125-112-3 ... 5 losing seasons ... 7 playoff seasons ... 0-7 playoff record
Team "B"...  97-143-0  ... 9 losing seasons ... 3 playoff seasons ... 3-3 playoff record

RE: Which team has been more successful? - sandwedge - 03-08-2018

Team B, just for spite

RE: Which team has been more successful? - HuDey - 03-08-2018

3 playoff seasons with a 3-3 playoff record ?

Math seems a little off there.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - bfine32 - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 08:12 PM)HuDey Wrote: 3 playoff seasons with a 3-3 playoff record ?

Math seems a little off there.

If you won 1 and lost one each season what would your record be?

As to the OP: Team A.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - Socal Bengals fan - 03-08-2018

Team B...id love to celebrate a playoff game while I'm alive.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - bengalsturntup926 - 03-08-2018

B because I want to see playoff wins,something I havnt seen

RE: Which team has been more successful? - Synric - 03-08-2018

Obvious answer is Team A which had 7 chances to win a superbowl compared to team B that only had 3 chances.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - Thundercloud - 03-08-2018

I see what you're doing here Fred, and I clearly see the Bengals record.

However, it really doesn't matter to me. I have no choice about who my team is. It's the Bengals, because I can't quit 'em. I love 'em, even though it doesn't make much sense sometimes.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - Nately120 - 03-08-2018

This is a trick question, because team B is the Jaguars and 2 of those playoff wins came against the Steelers so you know damn well we were rooting for Team B at some point, too.

So you ask which team is more successful in the poll and then ask which team we'd rather root for in the message. You don't operationally define success, so it's up to each respondent's interpretation. Anywho, being a Bengals fan is quite the interesting thing. What other franchise can you root for where your team gives your most successful HC ever an extension and fans of your biggest rival tell you how happy they are to see it happen?

RE: Which team has been more successful? - SunsetBengal - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 09:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is a trick question, because team B is the Jaguars and 2 of those playoff wins came against the Steelers so you know damn well we were rooting for Team B at some point, too.

So you ask which team is more successful in the poll and then ask which team we'd rather root for in the message.  You don't operationally define success, so it's up to each respondent's interpretation.

What he's not saying, if it is indeed the Jaguars that he's talking about, is that those first two playoff appearances are way out of his window of observation.  The Jags made the playoffs and went to the AFCCG in just their second year of existence, that was much more than 10 years ago.

If indeed, fredtoast is talking about the Jaguars, then I would have to call faulty criteria for his poll. Use only data from the past 10 years of both teams.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - HarleyDog - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 09:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is a trick question, because team B is the Jaguars and 2 of those playoff wins came against the Steelers so you know damn well we were rooting for Team B at some point, too.

So you ask which team is more successful in the poll and then ask which team we'd rather root for in the message.  You don't operationally define success, so it's up to each respondent's interpretation.

Isnt it funny how lawyers try and sway by leaving certain facts out? TBH, IMO going 2-14 with both those victories beating Pittsburgh would be much more enjoyable than a 14-2 (with 2 losses to Pittsburgh) season and a one & done in the playoffs. I know what your trying to do Fred and it doesn't work on the Dog. 

So let's discuss option C. Bengals go 8-8 (split 1-1 w/Pittsburgh) and somehow make the playoffs? We play any team, doesnt matter and we win the wildcard game. I would be friggen stoked at this point. Not only would I be on the bandwagon, I would be driving that MF! 

Heres the thing. Regardless of the record each year and the stupid ass decisions made by the FO & Coach. I will be here because I certainly cannot die until this happens. Know what that means? I'm a super power and will live forever like many of these poor sorry fans who seriously cannot transfer into the next life, dimension, reincarnation, or whatever that fans choice of belief or non-belief may be?

If they don't get their shit together soon, I could live to be 900yrs old. Sad part is that damn M. Brown will probably outlive me! 

RE: Which team has been more successful? - Nately120 - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 10:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Isnt it funny how lawyers try and sway by leaving certain facts out? TBH, IMO going 2-14 with both those victories beating Pittsburgh would be much more enjoyable than a 14-2 (with 2 losses to Pittsburgh) season and a one & done in the playoffs.

In all fairness we did go 3-13 in 1998 and 2 of those wins were against the Steelers.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - HarleyDog - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 10:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness we did go 3-13 in 1998 and 2 of those wins were against the Steelers.

Now that's what I'm talkin about. Go Bengals!  Who Dey

RE: Which team has been more successful? - HuDey - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 08:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you won 1 and lost one each season what would your record be?

As to the OP: Team A.

Right you are sir!

I stand corrected.

I blame my faulty thinking on one too many one and dones!

RE: Which team has been more successful? - Go Cards - 03-09-2018

Let's see, one team played in 6 playoff games, and one played in 7 games.

Not much difference in amount of playoff games played but 7 is slightly better. Especially if they made AFC Championship game.

But one won 3 games and the other won 0 and there is a big difference in that.

Will take the postseason wins because that is all anybody remembers anyhow. Team B

Plus if it is the Jags ? Their future looks a lot brighter presently and guarantee none of their fans would trade spots with Bengals.

Would take team A if only looking at regular season though.

So guess it is a tie for me, calling it a draw.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - Lawless_1 - 03-09-2018

(03-08-2018, 08:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Obvious answer is Team A which had 7 chances to win a superbowl compared to team B that only had 3 chances.

Wrong. Both teams had 15 chances each and percentage wise team B had better odds due to making it past round 1.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - BengalChris - 03-09-2018

(03-08-2018, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As a fan which team would you rather have rooted for over the last 15 years.  Neither team has made it to the Super Bowl

Team "A"... 125-112-3 ... 5 losing seasons ... 7 playoff seasons ... 0-7 playoff record
Team "B"...  97-143-0  ... 9 losing seasons ... 3 playoff seasons ... 3-3 playoff record

I'll take Team "C" lots of wins, made playoffs something like 15 of the last 16 years, has 5 SB wins, more playoff wins that Marv has seasons with the Bengals.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - HuDey - 03-09-2018

Team B because they don’t crown a regular season champion.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - Synric - 03-09-2018

(03-09-2018, 01:30 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Wrong. Both teams had 15 chances each and percentage wise team B had better odds due to making it past round 1.

Wrong...7 times team A put together a winning team. Team B only 3 times. That's means Team A had twice as many chances of going to the superbowl.

Not to mention Team A has a better win percentage over Team B which clearly means more successful.

RE: Which team has been more successful? - Hoofhearted - 03-09-2018

Would be nice to see a more detailed break-down than overall wins and losses. Maybe a year by year comparison with some offensive and defensive numbers to boot?