Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! (/Thread-Breaking-Cordy-Glenn-a-Bengal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Luvnit2 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 12:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Geez. We're going from the outhouse to the penthouse at LT.

Yup. Definitely a rare win-win. Buffalo gets in position to make a draft day splash at QB, we shore up the LT spot in a big way while trading back to (hopefully) fill the Center or RG spot.

Maybe. I'll keep an open mind about Hart. At the very least, he's another body to throw in there if Fisher can't nail down RT.

Kinda hard to make major upgrades to 4 spots on the line in one off-season
, but we're off to a great start.

Vikes did it in 2017.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Sled21 - 03-13-2018

It just goes to show certain posters will find something negative in anything this team does. Everyone wanted a big move in free agency, there were even Cordy Glenn threads. Now, we got him, practically stole him, and people are complaining because he had a foot injury. Well so did Andre Smith. They can carpool to the podiatrist together, ok? Bottom line, the left side of our offensive line just went from very bad to very good.... for a handful of draft spots. Superb move....

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - bengalsturntup926 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 08:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You did not even mention the value we got for moving up 30 spots from the 6th to 5th round also. 30 spots is a lot.

Yupp much rather have another 5th then a 6th can land a quality receiver there 

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Big Boss - 03-13-2018

"If he can stay healthy" is always a bit worrisome to hear. Injuries can happen to anybody but you always have to be careful of the players with a history of them. Maybe he comes in and has very few health issues during his tenure with the Bengals, in which case this should prove an excellent move. But knowing this franchise's luck, well, let's hope for a change in the wind on that front.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - SHRacerX - 03-13-2018

(03-12-2018, 05:57 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: A gamble but I like that the team is trying.  It's time to be bold.

For me, it does signal one thing loud and clear that they very, very rarely do:  admit they whiffed on a player.  They aren't going to roll Ced out there and hope he is better in year four with a new OC, but they are addressing that key spot with a young player that should be at the top of his game and isn't the crap shoot of being a rookie from the draft.

I really wanted to see a bunch of QBs go early and see a really elite talent slip to #12, but at #21, the Bengals are still likely to see a Top 15 talent because that run on QBs is going to happen and it is going to happen early.  

(03-12-2018, 06:10 PM)McC Wrote: Would we really draft a C in the first round?  The shock of such a thing would be overwhelming.

We did draft Zeitler at that spot (or close to it) in the first...but I am not sure any center is worthy this year, especially with Price's injury.  That came close to being a season-ender.

Now, if the Bengals slide again, and get an additional second rounder.... ThumbsUp

Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - BenZoo2 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 08:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You did not even mention the value we got for moving up 30 spots from the 6th to 5th round also. 30 spots is a lot.

That only equates to about a 1o-12 point difference but yes, I would rather have the 5th than a 6th, obviously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(03-12-2018, 06:16 PM)samhain Wrote: Wonder if this signifies the end for MJ and LaFell.

One can dream...

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - cooper - 03-13-2018

when a football player weighing 340lbs starts having foot and ankle injuries..the end is not far off

it is what it is

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - cooper - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 12:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone that whines about the same ol Bengals and status quo is being completely dishonest with themselves. Between letting Alexander go, the Pacman situation, and now this, you have to give them credit for making legitimate moves to better the team. I’m excited.

they picked up an often injured left tackle

(03-12-2018, 06:50 PM)Shady Wrote: You have to figure that Pollack likes Glenn. PA would have told Marcvin to pass. "Me and my guys, we got this. We don't need to make any moves."  

If we can move the ball on the ground, AJ's gonna feast. 

Here's what CBS sees as falling around that 21 spot. I'd be happy with any of those underlined. Wynn might not be a bad choice.

18 Vita Vea Washington Jr DT 3 6-5 344
19 James Washington Oklahoma St. Sr WR 2 6-0 205
20 Marcus Davenport UTSA Sr DE 3 6-7 255
21 Isaiah Wynn Georgia Sr OT 1 6-2 302
22 Sam Darnold USC Soph QB 4 6-4 225
23 Da'Ron Payne Alabama Jr DT 4 6-2 308
24 Will Hernandez UTEP Sr OG 2 6-3 330

25 Tremaine Edmunds Va. Tech Jr ILB 2 6-5 236
26 Orlando Brown Oklahoma Jr OT 2 6-8 360
27 Leighton Vander Esch Boise St. Jr OLB 1 6-4 242

If we got a beast like Vea at #21 to put next to Geno, I would be extremely pleased.  I would be even happier if they signed a veteran Center, but I think they will roll with Bodine (sadly) or maybe, just maybe, now that they know Boling will be back at LG, Westerman could compete for the center position?  

I really like the sound of Glenn-Boling-Westerman-Redmond-Orlando Brown (who's tape don't lie).  

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Nicomo Cosca - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 09:14 AM)cooper Wrote: they picked up an often injured left tackle

And if he doesn’t work out so what? All they gave up was 9 draft spots. At least they’re addressing the team’s biggest need.

Some people will be negative about anything...

(03-12-2018, 07:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What do we do if "Glenn gets a clean bill of health" and Mike McGlinchey is there at pick 21?
Draft him and start him at RT? Pick someone else?

Yes, I think they would...

More likely, though, is he is gone, they slide again and get Orlando Brown for RT.

That guy may not be able to bench much (he has incredibly long arms...it matters) but he can hit a guy from a mile away and his beef at RT paired next to Redmond would make third and short a much more appealing situation for the Bengals.  

If the Bengals could slide again in Rd 1 to a team that really covets a player like Lamar Jackson, and get an additional 2nd round pick, I would do it in a heartbeat and draft Brown.  

Sissy finesse line, dead.  

(03-12-2018, 09:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What sounds better: Bodine-Hernandez or Daniels-Westerman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither.  Westerman-Redmond sounds the best...and then Orlando Brown at RT.

Glenn-Boling-Westerman-Redmond-Brown.

Mixon is drooling. 

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - ochocincos - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 09:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Neither.  Westerman-Redmond sounds the best...and then Orlando Brown at RT.

Mixon is drooling. 

The options were either A or B. There was no C.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - PDub80 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 09:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Neither.  Westerman-Redmond sounds the best...and then Orlando Brown at RT.

Mixon is drooling. 

Does Westerman have any experience at center?

I know Boling does. This makes a Glenn, Hernandez, Boling, Westerman, Fisher line make the most sense.

If Brown falls to the 2nd, which is a real possibility, I can see Brown being a Bengal. I’m not ready to give up on Fisher yet. OG I’m indifferent towards.

(03-12-2018, 10:08 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Its funny because every site that I go to they seem to be inferring that the Bills fleeced us in this trade. I dont understand the logic there. If Glenn is healthy he is a top 10 NFL LT. What do you hope happens if you draft a LT at number 12 overall?  Same thing right?  Also , we still get another player at 21. So we get a Pro Bowl Caliber LT and another pick. I think we both got what we wanted but our player has proven he is good.

ESPN more than the NFL Network, but all those pinheads (like PFT's pitt-born Florio) love taking shots at the Bengals.  Berman used to say "It is time for the most interesting 10 minutes of the draft...the Bengals are on the clock", and then they would laugh their asses off when they selected Levi Jones, who was a great pick.

They like to laugh at the little guy.  How many times did we see the butt-fumble?  It is all about clicks, now.  So many steeler turds in mom's basement love reading how badly the Bengals suck at anything.  Makes them feel like winners.  

All about clicks....not accurate reporting.  Glenn immediately makes the Bengals better.  And they slid 9 spots to have a guaranteed (don't talk to me about the injuries...that same thing can happen to any player) vet, not a question mark in the draft at a position of tremendous need. 

Maybe we all wanted to be up there and see some team lose their mind and offer the Bengals the moon and stars for the #12 pick, but this makes our team better immediately.  It is no small feat that they swapped our 6th rounder for their 5th, either.  

(03-12-2018, 10:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Guys. Guys. Guys. Let's pump the brakes here a little. Remember, this trade won't be official until Wednesday. Still a lot of time for Mike Brown and company to screw this up. I like the trade myself, but won't get fully excited until this is official.

The Browns and AJ McCarron agree with this statement. 

(03-13-2018, 09:12 AM)cooper Wrote: when a football player weighing 340lbs   starts having foot and ankle injuries..the end is not far off

it is what it is

Look at his frame at 6'6".  He doesn't look like a fat Andre Smith with a little more height.  Dude has some horsepower.  Now, he gets to play on a team with some weapons on offense and a QB that isn't going to run at the first sign of trouble.  Yes, the Bills went to the playoffs last year, but I bet Glenn is happy as a kid in a candy store about coming to Cincy.  

Oh, and you know the old story about "Never follow a Hero"?  Well, how much fun is it to follow Ced?  

(03-13-2018, 09:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The options were either A or B. There was no C.

I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always another option.