Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! (/Thread-Breaking-Cordy-Glenn-a-Bengal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - phil413 - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 07:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What do we do if "Glenn gets a clean bill of health" and Mike McGlinchey is there at pick 21?
Draft him and start him at RT? Pick someone else?

At 21 he may be BPA, and they are FAR from stellar on the OL so absolutely you take him.  He should be a day 1 RT starter, and if Fish or Og have a miraculous rebound you can kick someone to the dogfight at RG. Glenn and McGlinchy would be an amazing coup with basically the 12 pick.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Chezaugie - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 07:25 PM)McC Wrote: Yes.  I was wrong.  Does this admission give you a full boner or just a partial?

Don't count on that full chubby yet. I read that if we cut him in 2019 we are off the hook for the remaining years. So, if it is a one year experiment and he continues to be injury prone, the Bengals can cut him loose with no financial obligation. Sounds like a great deal to me. His guarantees under his Buffalo contract do not carry over.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - McC - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 07:35 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Don't count on that full chubby yet. I read that if we cut him in 2019 we are off the hook for the remaining years. So, if it is a one year experiment and he continues to be injury prone, the Bengals can cut him loose with no financial obligation. Sounds like a great deal to me. His guarantees under his Buffalo contract do not carry over.

I just linked what I read about 2018 and slightly misinterpreted it.  Never even mentioned anything beyond and also never said good deal or bad deal.  We'll have to see him play to really know, won't we?

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - SunsetBengal - 03-12-2018

Cordy Glenn, Welcome to the Bengals!

May your recovery be full, and your career be resurgent!

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - sandwedge - 03-12-2018

The only thing I don't like about this is, hopefully I can stay awake for the 21st pick..... Honestly I don't know alot about Cordy so I'm taking everyone's word that he good LT when not injured!

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 06:42 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You know what I don't even care if he happens to get injured,I'm just glad they are trying SOMETHING NEW FOR GOD'S SAKE!! Still draft a tackle somewhere even at 21 I wouldn't mind. But this got me stoked the Bengals made a real trade for a real prospect,considered a top ten lineman when healthy . Let's go !!

This move has Bill Lazor and Frank Pollack’s prints all over it.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Luvnit2 - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 07:41 PM)McC Wrote: I just linked what I read about 2018 and slightly misinterpreted it.  Never even mentioned anything beyond and also never said good deal or bad deal.  We'll have to see him play to really know, won't we?

Yes just like any free agent, any draft pick or any trade, we will not know if it was great, OK or bad. I think what baffles us is some like to hear themselves cry and moan, the when then team tries something big like the Glenn trade, still fans giving them no credit for the effort while they are giving the Browns great props for every move they made with their 0-16 team.

I have not been happy about our FO lack of movement in free agency or aggressively trying to fill needs in the past. But so far in 2018, I am impressed they are getting out of the box early and trying.

(03-12-2018, 07:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This move has Bill Lazor and Frank Pollack’s prints all over it.

Does it really? I think MB made the call just as has done good or bad for a long time. Do you really think 2 new coaches suddenly got power over MB after all these years?

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Steve - 03-12-2018

I posted about 10 days ago I hoped this trade would take place.....
I LOVE IT...!!!!
solves our LT problem pre draft....
& at 21 we can still get a stud player.....
fantastic move.....
at 21 I now prefer OG Hernandez or QB Lamar Jackson ThumbsUp

(03-12-2018, 07:56 PM)Steve Wrote: I posted about 10 days ago I hoped this trade would take place.....
I LOVE IT...!!!!
solves our LT problem pre draft....
& at 21 we can still get a stud player.....
fantastic move.....
at 21 I now prefer OG Hernandez or QB Lamar Jackson ThumbsUp

It does open up our draft board. I like the center who hurt himself at the combine form Ohio State, Price will be a solid center for 10 years

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Lawless_1 - 03-12-2018

On the plus side the Bengals are now in a perfect spot to get my favorite player in the draft although I know they won't pull the trigger on it.

Ronnie Harrison the Alabama safety.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Daddy-O - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 05:57 PM)McC Wrote: Ten spots in the first round is a helluva lot of capital.  And he hasn't been healthy for two years.  And they were supposedly shopping him for mid round picks.

Could be lightning in a bottle or backfire.  But heck I'd take the chance, Glenn is considered one of the best LT's in the league when healthy.

We only move down 10 slots in the first round.  And there are no guarantees in first rounders anyway - should be but it's the Bengals and they've missed on some recently.  Cedric O is proof of that, John Ross, etc.  Ross may pan out but I'm not counting on it, just doesn't have an NFL body.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - McC - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:18 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Could be lightning in a bottle or backfire.  But heck I'd take the chance, Glenn is considered one of the best LT's in the league when healthy.

We only move down 10 slots in the first round.  And there are no guarantees in first rounders anyway - should be but it's the Bengals and they've missed on some recently.  Cedric O is proof of that, John Ross, etc.  Ross may pan out but I'm not counting on it, just doesn't have an NFL body.

I'll withhold judgment until I see him play.  And he damn well better play.  If he plays even decently, I'll be his biggest fan.  But if there's anything this franchise has taught me, it's to temper my expectations.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - ben_lewtas9 - 03-12-2018

Great move.

We all talked about how much we loved what the Vikings did with their O-iine last year, and I think we're using their blueprint.

New LT, draft a C (I like the guy from Iowa) and trust that Pollack can work with Fisher and suddenly everything looks completely different, which is what we all wanted. Well done MB.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - bfine32 - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 06:49 PM)samhain Wrote: We now have 4 members of the 2010 Georgia Bulldogs roster starting for this team in Glenn, AJ, Boling, and Williams.  

Go ahead and draft Isaiah Wynn to play center and have 2/3 UGA line.

Fun fact: Cordy and Clint share the record for most starts by a UGA olineman.

As to the trade: Great news; however, I wouldn't write in Cordy as the starting LT yet. Dude has flexibility, he can push inside to RG or play RT.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - wolfkaosaun - 03-12-2018

Thoroughly impressed and surprised by this trade. Was not expecting it in the least.

When healthy, Glenn is very good. I would take Glenn over every OT in this draft, personally. It's a pretty weak class.

I'm all on board for drafting Wynn now at 21. Glenn, Boling, (sign someone), Wynn, Fisher. That's a step in the right direction.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Steve - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It does open up our draft board. I like the center who hurt himself at the combine form Ohio State, Price will be a solid center for 10 years

I "like" Price......
but I "LOVE" OG Hernandez....
he's a true mauler....
we can get a quality OC in rd  2 or 3

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Thundercloud - 03-12-2018

I like seeing the recognition that we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE OL! I also like the player. We know one thing, we're not getting another Ogbeuhi, who backpedals faster than a cornerback. This guy is a proven, tough tackle. We all can worry about injury, but his overall record in that regard is pretty good. I bet Dalton and Green are pretty happy with this move.

We should still draft a tackle with strong potential for the future.

I now like the best DT or LB with our first choice.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Shake n Blake - 03-12-2018

Just heard the news on the radio and about spit out my chocolate milk. Glad I didn't do much preemptive complaining.

Between this move, the Baker signing and the Pacman ultimatum, this has been a homerun FA period. Kudos to the FO.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Beaker - 03-12-2018

I like this move. It allows us to take the 1st rd CB we all know ML covets.

I kid. I kid.........kind of.

How about Lamar Jackson at 21, and Billy Price in rd 2?