Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! (/Thread-Breaking-Cordy-Glenn-a-Bengal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Steve - 03-12-2018

so when do the 2018 Bengals playoff tix go on sale...?

Playoffs..!!!!!
Playoffs...???

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - t3r3e3 - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 07:25 PM)cooper Wrote: wrong..Th e dude has missed many games the past 2 seasons..we could have done better and healthier in the draft

Corry Glenn missed 0 games his first four years in the league. Missed a bunch the last two years. If rehab goes well, he’s a proven commodity, which none of the draft prospects are. McGlinchey is not a consensus elite prospect. The other tackle prospects also have injury, performance, or athletic concerns. Bottom line is this move is a good one, albeit with some risk. The risk is offset a bit by exchanging a 6th for a 5th and being able to cut Glenn with no cap hit.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Lawless_1 - 03-12-2018

Imagine:

CB1- William Jackson lll
CB2- Darqueze Dennard
CB3- EJ Gaines
FS- George Iloka
SS- Ronnie Harrison

That's strong.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - schroomytunes - 03-12-2018

I like it we don’t have to reach at 12, still get a solid player at 21. What most people aren’t seeing is by dropping back we save $$$ and what I really like is moving up @30 spots into the 5th!!! I’m hoping that we draft the punter Michael Dickson here thus saving having to pay 3 million for Huber.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - phil413 - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact: Cordy and Clint share the record for most starts by a UGA olineman.

As to the trade: Great news; however, I wouldn't write in Cordy as the starting LT yet. Dude has flexibility, he can push inside to RG or play RT.

He is versatile, but I'd write his name in permanent marker at LT.  They paid a 2nd/early 3rd premium on a player coming off of an injury in part due to the market.  Between the draft having green LT's and the market being bare up top, it's slim pickings.  Even if one of the kids tear up camp, it's hard to justify trusing one enough to move a luxury elite run blocking LT.  He's the dude if healthy.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Socal Bengals fan - 03-12-2018

what's his PFF grades

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Goalpost - 03-12-2018

I like the deal. Og is out of a starting gig. Wonder what plans remain for him.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - SunsetBengal - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:35 PM)Steve Wrote: I "like" Price......
but I "LOVE" OG Hernandez....
he's a true mauler....
we can get a quality OC in rd  2 or 3

Folks are going to hate me for saying this.  But, if we put Hernandez just to the right of Bodine, Bodine just might look like a starting Center.

(03-12-2018, 09:24 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: what's his PFF grades

Not sure on that.  But, if he's a consensus top 10 LT when healthy, that should give you some sort of indication.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/83yfz8/cordy_glenn_allowed_1_sack_in_all_of_2015_and_was/

Not certain which BengalBoard poster it was, but thanks for shedding the light!   ThumbsUp

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - samhain - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact: Cordy and Clint share the record for most starts by a UGA olineman.

As to the trade: Great news; however, I wouldn't write in Cordy as the starting LT yet. Dude has flexibility, he can push inside to RG or play RT.

I recall the draft when he came out of UGA.  We were pretty likely to go guard (and did with Zeitler).  The top 3 guards were listed as DeCastro, Glenn, and Z.

Some draft experts seriously questioned his ability to play left tackle IIRC.  

If he's getting paid 11 mil, I'd be pretty surprised if he's not expected to be the left tackle.  This team isn't paying anyone over 10 mil to play RG.

Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - ochocincos - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 09:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Folks are going to hate me for saying this.  But, if we put Hernandez just to the right of Bodine, Bodine just might look like a starting Center.

What sounds better: Bodine-Hernandez or Daniels-Westerman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(03-12-2018, 09:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What sounds better: Bodine-Hernandez or Daniels-Westerman?

See, I'm not sold on Daniels.  He's described as more a 'technician", when in this division we need a brute.  Price lives up to that, if anything he's overaggressive, and that's where his mistakes come from.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - Go Cards - 03-12-2018

Who Dey and who has kidnapped our owner.

Kudos again to FO. This fills a need and still can fill another one at pick 21.

Love it !

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - PDub80 - 03-12-2018

The Guard from UTEP, Hernandez, is a monster, very highly thought if, and probably available at 21. Him + Glen = A+ line revamp.

Left to Right...

Glen, Hernandez, Boling, Westerman, Fisher

Or

Glen, Hernendez (he played LG at UTEP so I am slotting him here), (Anyone BUT Bodine), Boling, Fisher

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - TSwigZ - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 09:24 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: what's his PFF grades

2012 75.1
2013 84.1
2014 82.3
2015 85.3
2016 82.8
2017 68.1

Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - ochocincos - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, I'm not sold on Daniels.  He's described as more a 'technician", when in this division we need a brute.  Price lives up to that, if anything he's overaggressive, and that's where his mistakes come from.

Point was more would you rather keep Bodine and get a new RG or put Westerman at RG and get a new C. I know I have only a couple games to base this off of, but I have more optimism for Westerman becoming an average-or-better starter than Bodine.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - BrownAssClown - 03-12-2018

Great job front office. They addressed a need and made the numbers work. Maybe Marvin meant what he said. Let's hope they continue to make good moves and that Glenn works out for us.

RE: Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal! - TSwigZ - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 09:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What sounds better: Bodine-Hernandez or Daniels-Westerman?

Get Hernandez at 21 and If Daniels or Price is there in rd 2 take them.

LT Glenn
G Boling
C Daniels/Price
G Hernandez
RT Smith (resign)

Then sign another vet free agent LB and safety. Maybe that South Dakota TE Dallas Goesert drops to us in the 3rd and also take another LB like the kid out of Boise st (can’t think of his complicated name) with the other 3rd and were set.

ALSO we keep talking about Glenn’s injury but if he doesn’t pass a physical done by our medical staff doesn’t the trade get voided??

they seem okay. slightly above average..1000x better than OG

we need to draft Wynn, Hernandez, Price, and continue to improve our oline.