Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? (/Thread-Does-the-Glenn-trade-end-our-FA)

Pages: 1 2

Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - McC - 03-12-2018

Does picking up an $11 mil salary mean our free agency work is done?

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - leonardfan40 - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 06:08 PM)McC Wrote: Does picking up an $11 mil salary mean our free agency work is done?

Probably, but it’s more active than I can ever remember them being so don’t complain too much.

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - Joelist - 03-12-2018

Actually remember they dropped a 6 million salary before they picked up the 11. So net impact is 5 million.

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - McC - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 06:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually remember they dropped a 6 million salary before they picked up the 11. So net impact is 5 million.

Five mil could get a smart shopper a pretty decent player.  Maybe go on and add MJ's salary to the mix.

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - samhain - 03-12-2018

Hopefully it means they can't afford to bring back Bodine.

(03-12-2018, 07:31 PM)samhain Wrote: Hopefully it means they can't afford to bring back Bodine.

Wouldn't that be something?  But stop it, I can't let myself dream that big.

(03-12-2018, 06:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Probably, but it’s more active than I can ever remember them being so don’t complain too much.

Not complaining, just wondering.

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - SunsetBengal - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 06:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually remember they dropped a 6 million salary before they picked up the 11. So net impact is 5 million.

Thanks for the new LT, Adam Jones!   Ninja

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - Luvnit2 - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 06:08 PM)McC Wrote: Does picking up an $11 mil salary mean our free agency work is done?

It may. I hate to lose Eifert. I could see him landing in Cleveland as they have tons of money to spend since they did not spend any for 4 years.

(03-12-2018, 08:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It may. I hate to lose Eifert. I could see him landing in Cleveland as they have tons of money to spend since they did not spend any for 4 years.

They do have that kid they drafted in the first last year and he looks like he can play.  They do have tons of money but do they have the need?

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - SunsetBengal - 03-12-2018

Well, I was reading rumors this past weekend that they might consider jettisoning the salaries of MJ and Lafell, as well.  That would replace the Cordy Glenn money, and put the Bengals back in play.

Hard to say if they squeeze those triggers, though.  They both have pretty much sterling reputations as citizens, and we know how the FO loves to honor contracts.  But, if they did make those moves, the Bengals could fill another hole or two, and really open up the draft.

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - Sled21 - 03-13-2018

There was mention on the home page that Chris Smith and Kevin Huber might be on the chopping block. I'd hate to see either go....

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - Go Cards - 03-13-2018

The FO is full of surprises this year so still in spectator mode.

Think there will still be another surprise or two. Not as big as Cordy but think movements will still happen if guessing.

If not it is still a good offseason in my book.

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - sandwedge - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 08:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There was mention on the home page that Chris Smith and Kevin Huber might be on the chopping block. I'd hate to see either go....

Glad someone else brought this up! I was wondering about where this puts us with our own FAs?  With Jones getting the ax that helps a lot and hopefully MJ and/or Lafell. 
I like Chris Smith and would like to keep him. Huber, I am indifferent about. He's been a great punter for so long, yet is it worth the money? Can we draft a young guy with a booming leg or bring someone that has been cut? 
Honestly I wouldn't move to fast on Bodine, I'd wait til after the draft before I had any inclination in resigning him.

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - Sled21 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 11:44 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Glad someone else brought this up! I was wondering about where this puts us with our own FAs?  With Jones getting the ax that helps a lot and hopefully MJ and/or Lafell. 
I like Chris Smith and would like to keep him. Huber, I am indifferent about. He's been a great punter for so long, yet is it worth the money? Can we draft a young guy with a booming leg or bring someone that has been cut? 
Honestly I wouldn't move to fast on Bodine, I'd wait til after the draft before I had any inclination in resigning him.

Field position is huge. I think it is very important to resign Huber, he's one of the best. Smith was also coming on and I really like his motor. Frankly, I'd rather get rid of Bodine than LaFell. Despite the racking Brandon gets here, he's still our 2nd best receiver..... which means none of the current crop of youngsters have been able to step up and take it. Until one does, we need him, like it or not.

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - jj22 - 03-13-2018

Maybe not....

According to Jim O.
In terms of the safety (or a safety) the #Bengals are looking for — I think a Kurt Coleman type (i.e. a guy who was released) could be in play. #Chiefs Ron Parker (9 INT, 5 FF)? #Ravens Lardarius Webb (15 INT, 3 FF)?

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - Au165 - 03-13-2018

I think we find a vet safety and possibly a vet LB to ease our Burfict dependency in the event of another injury. I could actually see us looking at a Center like Jensen too if the market doesn't heat up there as it has been pretty slow going so far it seems.

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - McC - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 02:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think we find a vet safety and possibly a vet LB to ease our Burfict dependency in the event of another injury. I could actually see us looking at a Center like Jensen too if the market doesn't heat up there as it has been pretty slow going so far it seems.

Maybe Whitehead, since he seems out in Detroit:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/03/13/detroit-lions-devon-kennard-christian-jones/420259002/

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - McC - 03-13-2018

S'more rumors and stuff:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-free-agency-2018-live-udates-latest-rumors-and-signings-across-the-league/

RE: Does the Glenn trade end our FA? - HarleyDog - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 08:44 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The FO is full of surprises this year so still in spectator mode.

Think there will still be another surprise or two. Not as big as Cordy but think movements will still happen if guessing.

If not it is still a good offseason in my book.

I'm hoping your right about doing more. There are so many great things they still could do to make this team better in a hurry.