Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? (/Thread-With-the-bengals-now-drafting-at-21-who-should-we-expect-them-to-take)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Andy2AJ - 03-13-2018

I know other deals are in the works, but getting Glenn from buffalo is huge because he's proven and when healthy fills a HUGE hole. Now you can move ced to guard or wherever because he wasn't working at tackle. That said, who can we expect the Bengals to draft at 21? Safety maybe? Or do they take the best available guy that may slip that's not a qb? Interested to hear your thoughts on what the bengals may do with that pick. Furthermore, is it possible they trade it if we are offended something we can't turn down. So we take another guard possibly the other guy from mitre dame if he happens to fall?

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - ah5 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 12:04 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know other deals are in the works, but getting Glenn from buffalo is huge because he's proven and when healthy fills a HUGE hole. Now you can move ced to guard or wherever because he wasn't working at tackle. That said, who can we expect the Bengals to draft at 21? Safety maybe? Or do they take the best available guy that may slip that's not a qb? Interested to hear your thoughts on what the bengals may do with that pick. Furthermore, is it possible they trade it if we are offended something we can't turn down. So we take another guard possibly the other guy from mitre dame if he happens to fall?

BPA, if it's a QB so be it.  Kinda hoping for Price / Hernandez.  If Allen or Jackson is there at 21 it would be stupid not to draft them.  Wasn't Rodgers drafted at 21?

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Bilbo Saggins - 03-13-2018

I'd expect one of the following:

Hernandez, Vander-esch, Wynn, Payne, McGlinchey, or Phillips.

Price and Ragnow have injury qestion marks and Daniels may need more strength, so I'm not expecting a center in 1. 

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Synric - 03-13-2018

I like the idea of fortifying the linebacker core with Rashaan Evans...and not letting the Squeelers draft him.

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Andy2AJ - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 12:17 AM)ah5 Wrote: BPA, if it's a QB so be it.  Kinda hoping for Price / Hernandez.  If Allen or Jackson is there at 21 it would be stupid not to draft them.  Wasn't Rodgers drafted at 21?

Yeah a few teams passed on Rogers. I agree though. Allen is projected as a top 5 pick but if Rosen would happen to slip the bengals would have to look long and hard. Same can be said for a te, top wr, or a corner. I still think they go offensive line of the best available. I always enjoy day 2 because that's where the bengals thrive the most from geno to Lawson amongst others. I'm sure they will make more deals but I haven't been this excited in a while since they ar actually trying to improve the team. I know a qb is highly unlikely but what about drafting Lamar if he's there? I know he's not highly accurate but he's the same height as blandly and could be a matchup nightmare. It will be interesting to see what direction they go. Plus we still have fisher amongst other players. I'm assuming we will have our stellar center back as well. Hopefully we can find one in the 5th rounder the bills owe us

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - ah5 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 12:26 AM)Synric Wrote: I like the idea of fortifying the linebacker core with Rashaan Evans...and not letting the Squeelers draft him.

He's probably going way before 21 isn't he?

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Essex Johnson - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 12:36 AM)ah5 Wrote: He's probably going way before 21 isn't he?

There's a few linebackers projected in that 20 range he's one of them could go higher we could go lower

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Go Cards - 03-13-2018

Not sure what I expect now because Cordy opens things up for Bengals draft.

Yet hoping it is Wynn or Edmunds if either are available.

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Andy2AJ - 03-13-2018

It happens every year a guy that is supposed to go in the top 12 slips hopefully he's a need and we land him

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Bengal Dude - 03-13-2018

We're in a great spot for an interior lineman. Hopefully we'd keep him beyond his rookie deal this time around. 

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - t3r3e3 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 12:23 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'd expect one of the following:

Hernandez, Vander-esch, Wynn, Payne, McGlinchey, or Phillips.

Price and Ragnow have injury qestion marks and Daniels may need more strength, so I'm not expecting a center in 1. 

Keep that list except replace Harrison Phillips with James Daniels and the Bengals can’t lose. I’d really like one of Vander Esch, Hernandez, or Daniels.

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - 804 fan - 03-13-2018

Still hoping Derwin James or Smith fall that far but I doubt it so I'll hope for McGlinskey or Vander Esch at 21 then Price in the 2nd

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - ZWP - 03-13-2018

Can Cedric O play at Guard? I didn't even think that was an option.

As for who to take at 21 ... we need to solidify the OL so take the best C or OG on the board. Dalton is better when he has time and we have a bona fide star in the backfield in Mixon. Get these guys a good OL and watch how much better this team will be.

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Jpoore - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 12:36 AM)ah5 Wrote: He's probably going way before 21 isn't he?
No. 2 lbs going in top 20. Smith and edmunds, Edmunds first. After that u got love and a couple others. Evans is a mid to late second.
(03-13-2018, 01:55 AM)ZWP Wrote: Can Cedric O play at Guard? I didn't even think that was an option.

As for who to take at 21 ... we need to solidify the OL so take the best C or OG on the board. Dalton is better when he has time and we have a bona fide star in the backfield in Mixon. Get these guys a good OL and watch how much better this team will be.
No. He suffers from bull rush. No core strength.

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Jpoore - 03-13-2018

Prime will Hernandez(best guard in draft) range. Hernandez and price in 2? Sign me up! Besides that if vea can get past Washington he'll fall to us. Also I believe Jackson will go first as far as CB goes because of the ball skills and better size. Ward will fall to that 18-23 range bc of his lack of ints and size.

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Joelist - 03-13-2018

Let's be honest. Trading for Glenn fairly screams that barring something weird happening Og is done here. I think they are willing to work with Fisher due to the cardiac issue cutting the season short but Og is likely a goner.

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - schroomytunes - 03-13-2018

I'm thinking it will be BPA besides QB/WR/RB. I think we will get those later by RD 5. But I'm hoping its 1 of these 5.

1) Hernandez-OG
2) Wynn-G/C
3) Vander Esch-MLB
4) McGlinchy-OT
5) Giesicki-TE

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - bengalsturntup926 - 03-13-2018

MAN I DON'T EVEN KNOW , THERE'S NOT ANYBODY I LOVE AT THIS SPOT. I'D BE HAPPY WITH ALOT OF THEM. I DO LIKE THE THOUGHT OF JOSH JACKSON PAIRING WILL WJ3 , I LIKE EVANS AND HARRISON FROM ALABAMA. I DO LIKE THE VERASITE O LINE ,BUT I DON'T REALLY THINK WE NEED GUARDS,I LIKED THE MAN GUYS WESTERMAN AND WHAT'S HIS NAME LOL I'M SURE THERE'S GUYS IN THIS AREA I DON'T EVEN KNOW.

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - Nicomo Cosca - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 05:57 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: MAN I DON'T EVEN KNOW , THERE'S NOT ANYBODY I LOVE AT THIS SPOT. I'D BE HAPPY WITH ALOT OF THEM. I DO LIKE THE THOUGHT OF JOSH JACKSON PAIRING WILL WJ3 , I LIKE EVANS AND HARRISON FROM ALABAMA. I DO LIKE THE VERASITE O LINE ,BUT I DON'T REALLY THINK WE NEED GUARDS,I LIKED THE MAN GUYS WESTERMAN AND WHAT'S HIS NAME LOL I'M SURE THERE'S GUYS IN THIS AREA I DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Y u yelling

RE: With the bengals now drafting at 21, who should we expect them to take? - bengalsturntup926 - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 06:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Y u yelling

Lol cause the last time I commented my letters were super small