Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
PFF: Faux-Season #1 - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: PFF: Faux-Season #1 (/Thread-PFF-Faux-Season-1)

Pages: 1 2

PFF: Faux-Season #1 - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-15-2015

Ok, so I'll admit that I missed the game last night (saw about 3-4 different sets of highlights though), thus I can't really comment on things, but you can bet I won't miss another snap for the rest of the year! Wink

Top 5 on O:

1. Little with a +3.1. That's my man; we all saw that wonderful catch and it indeed coincides with the camp reports. Still, it came against 2nd/3rd stringers so we must see this against the starters for it to count.

2. Eifert with a +1.5. As well, everyone was raving about him too; if he plays like he has yesterday, we're in for a great season from him.

3. O'Donnell with a +1.4. Only one hurry in 30 pass blocking snaps; he's as advertised every year; dominant against the scrubs. No room for him now though, sadly.

4. Terrell Watson with a +1.2. Good for Mr. Azusa Pacific. He's not making he team.

5. Kroft with +1.0. Not for his pass game work, his blocking rated highly +1.3. If he can be a solid blocker for us, we're set.

Top 3 on Giants:

1. Dallas Reynolds +1.8
2. Stanzi +1.6
3. Newhouse (ugh) +1.5

Bottom 5 on O:

Mark Weisman -1.0 (Hewitt's our man. All negative in run blocking)

Boling -1.2 (did he really do that poorly? Gave up the one hurry in 7 pass blocks. Not worried)

Keith Wenning -1.7 (that was a terrible decision to throw and it wasn't even close)

Bodine -2.6 (yup, no improvement thus far? Superb... :snark: )

Hawkinson -4.9 (Ugh, those numbers AND a horrid grade at LG? Definitely gone after camp)

Top 5 on D:

1. Troy Hill with +3.3. Everyone gave him kudos and the grade proves it. Can he make the team? Let's see throughout the preseason!

2. Josh Shaw with a +1.9. Everyone also gave him kudos. Now, he's basically guaranteed a spot, but could Hill take it from him?

3. CLH with a +1.8. And what about him? I think he's the odd-man out but the team likes experience.

4. PJ with a +1.4 Good to see the rook grading highly. Personally think he could have a chance to start by the end of the year.

5. Geno with a +1.2. 'Nuff said.

Top 3 for Giants:

1. Jay Bromley +3.4
2. Trevin Wade +3.1
3. Jonathan Hankins 2.4

Bottom 5 on D:

Dennard -1.3 (rest up, we need you)

Clarke -1.4 (not worried)

Shawn Williams -1.7 (not worried)

Yams -3.1 (not worried)

Still -3.1 (very worried)

On teams, Obarski  ll on K/Os but that miss... Shaw rated highly, along with Harris, Nico, Troy Hill.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - GreenCornBengal - 08-15-2015

Good to see Kroft was graded well on his blocking. Didn't see his name in the stats sheet and wondered what was up.

He will be a very good TE2 I think, he fits the role well. Mostly blocking and making key catches when needed.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - BonnieBengal - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 04:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ok, so I'll admit that I missed the game last night (saw about 3-4 different sets of highlights though), thus I can't really comment on things, but you can bet I won't miss another snap for the rest of the year! Wink

Top 5 on O:

1. Little with a +3.1. That's my man; we all saw that wonderful catch and it indeed coincides with the camp reports. Still, it came against 2nd/3rd stringers so we must see this against the starters for it to count.

2. Eifert with a +1.5. As well, everyone was raving about him too; if he plays like he has yesterday, we're in for a great season from him.

3. O'Donnell with a +1.4. Only one hurry in 30 pass blocking snaps; he's as advertised every year; dominant against the scrubs. No room for him now though, sadly.

4. Terrell Watson with a +1.2. Good for Mr. Azusa Pacific. He's not making he team.

5. Kroft with +1.0. Not for his pass game work, his blocking rated highly +1.3. If he can be a solid blocker for us, we're set.

Top 3 on Giants:

1. Dallas Reynolds +1.8
2. Stanzi +1.6
3. Newhouse (ugh) +1.5

Bottom 5 on O:

Boling -1.2 (did he really do that poorly? Gave up the one hurry in 7 pass blocks. Not worried)

Keith Wenning -1.7 (that was a terrible decision to throw and it wasn't even close)

Hawkinson -4.9 (Ugh, those numbers AND a horrid grade at LG? Definitely gone after camp)

Top 5 on D:

1. Troy Hill with +3.3. Everyone gave him kudos and the grade proves it. Can he make the team? Let's see throughout the preseason!

2. Josh Shaw with a +1.9. Everyone also gave him kudos. Now, he's basically guaranteed a spot, but could Hill take it from him?

3. CLH with a +1.8. And what about him? I think he's the odd-man out but the team likes experience.

4. PJ with a +1.4 Good to see the rook grading highly. Personally think he could have a chance to start by the end of the year.

Top 3 for Giants:

1. Jay Bromley +3.4
2. Trevin Wade +3.1
3. Jonathan Hankins 2.4

Bottom 5 on D:

Yams -3.1 (not worried)

On teams, Obarski  ll on K/Os but that miss... Shaw rated highly, along with Harris, Nico, Troy Hill.

I'm sure they want to keep Still due to his daughter's situation, but who are we going to cut to keep him?  Pat Sims?  It think not.  

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 05:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Good to see Kroft was graded well on his blocking. Didn't see his name in the stats sheet and wondered what was up.

He will be a very good TE2 I think, he fits the role well. Mostly blocking and making key catches when needed.

Agree wholeheartedly. I think Uzomah will help too, but won't be up to speed until later in the year.

Speaking of TEs, what's up with NO? They lose Graham and they now have on their team:

Orson Charles
Alex Smith
Kevin Brock

Smirk
(08-15-2015, 05:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm sure they want to keep Still due to his daughter's situation, but who are we going to cut to keep him?  Pat Sims?  It think not.  

If they can PS him again (though don't think he's eligible), keep him but yeah, I thought he would do a bit better given all the weight he lost...

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - Synric - 08-15-2015

If O'Donnell keeps showing up gonna be hard to let him go for Winston...

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - bengalfan74 - 08-15-2015

As always thanks for posting truck love seeing this stuff !

Still is a little concerning, seen him get blown off the line on several plays.

Also what was Gio rated ? He seemed a little off his game to me.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - Slappy from New Haven - 08-15-2015

Love the stats Truck. I have no idea what they mean but thanks to you for posting them

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-15-2015

(08-15-2015, 08:30 PM)Synric Wrote: If O'Donnell keeps showing up gonna be hard to let him go for Winston...

I like both guys, so it'll be bittersweet, but I think Winston's here to stay.

(08-15-2015, 09:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: As always thanks for posting truck love seeing this stuff !

Still is a little concerning, seen him get blown off the line on several plays.

Also what was Gio rated ? He seemed a little off his game to me.

-0.9 I'm not worried Wink

And thank you!

(08-15-2015, 10:42 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Love the stats Truck.  I have no idea what they mean but thanks to you for posting them

lol no problemo Mike!

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - CoCoNuT - 08-16-2015

PFF Ratings! Wooo Hooo!
"We're back baby!"

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-16-2015

(08-15-2015, 04:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 3. Newhouse (ugh) +1.5

Everything I ever needed to know about PFF's rating system and raters in two words or less.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - BritishBengal - 08-16-2015

O'Donnell wasn't doing it against total scrubs, the Giants kept a lot of big names in on D when he was on the field, and he crushed it for Wilder's TD. I think he has a lot of potential.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - McC - 08-16-2015

(08-15-2015, 04:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ok, so I'll admit that I missed the game last night (saw about 3-4 different sets of highlights though), thus I can't really comment on things, but you can bet I won't miss another snap for the rest of the year! Wink

Top 5 on O:

Top 3 on Giants:

1. Dallas Reynolds +1.8
2. Stanzi +1.6
3. Newhouse (ugh) +1.5

Bottom 5 on O:

Top 5 on D:

Top 3 for Giants:

1. Jay Bromley +3.4
2. Trevin Wade +3.1
3. Jonathan Hankins 2.4

Bottom 5 on D:

Yams -3.1 (not worried)

Now it feels like football.  Hallelujah.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - wolfkaosaun - 08-16-2015

I have to ask, what score did Dalton get?

Mainly because I'm still confused on how PFF does their scores.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - Stormborn - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 03:05 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I have to ask, what score did Dalton get?

Mainly because I'm still confused on how PFF does their scores.

I wouldn't take much into it because it was only 4 dropbacks. Pretty misleading.

Dan France's run grade was actually higher than I expected at -1.1, he was bad last August and bad this August.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - BURROWorBUST - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 10:26 PM)Stormborn Wrote: .7

I wouldn't take much into it because it was only 4 dropbacks. Pretty misleading.

Dan France's run grade was actually higher than I expected at -1.1, he was bad last August and bad this August.

Yeah, France is awful. Total camp fodder. Very unhealthy for 3rd string QBs during preseason.

Otherwise, I think our 2nd string OLine has done some good things. 

I'm pretty impressed with Troy Hill, too. This kid obviously wants it. He's busted his tail to be this good at this level already.

We're going to have alot of tough cuts, especially on the DLine. Some shouldn't be tough, but because we're loyal to certain players to a fault . . . 

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - Element - 08-17-2015

Keep this up, love these

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - BengalFanInNJ - 08-17-2015

Newhouse with a +1.5?? That's shocking to me.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - Bengal Dude - 08-17-2015

I really don't see Still staying with the team. I watched him late in the game going up against guys who are going to be cut and he still did nothing. I know, he lost weight and posted photos of himself working out, but he hasn't improved at all.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - GarbageDisposal - 08-18-2015

I've always wondered and must ask: who the $&@# is "Yams"? Thought it was Taylor Mays but he's not on the team.

RE: PFF: Faux-Season #1 - BritishBengal - 08-18-2015

(08-18-2015, 07:04 PM)GarbageDisposal Wrote: I've always wondered and must ask: who the $&@# is "Yams"? Thought it was Taylor Mays but he's not on the team.

Brandon Thompson. It's a college knickname that has stuck apparently.