Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) (/Thread-Breaking-Burfict-Suspended-Again)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - Circleville Guy - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 07:02 PM)McC Wrote: No.  The trade idea is no less of a bad idea today than it was yesterday.

Says you, doesn’t make it right. He’s an awesome talent that You can’t depend on in any way. He also has a ton of brain injuries. I’m not for cutting him but it would be foolish not to listen to trade offers. I listed reasons, please share your reasons as to why it’s such a bad idea?

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - cinci4life - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 06:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you're okay with the Steelers taking anabolic steroids and HGH as long as it is during the offseason conditioning program?

Obviously not but there is a difference. Burfict was taking a prescribed medication. Your scenario would indicate they were intentionally doing it. Big difference.

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - RASCAL - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 04:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Really? I thought he made some good points... How about acknowledging them and countering them with your own thoughts? And if you can't, how about admitting he's made some great points and maybe even agree with him? Theres no shame in changing your opinion.

I used to be one of the biggest Burfict apologists around prior to last season. Now, I won't miss him when he's gone. He's missed more than half of our game the past few years and he's right on track to miss more after this. I don't care how talented he is, he's not worth his insane amount of baggage if he can't be relied on.

why don't you go and take all of his haters with you and become Browns fans! For your info, THATS A GREAT POINT!!! I will never agree with anyone who wants to give away our heart and soul on defense!

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 07:35 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Obviously not but there is a difference. Burfict was taking a prescribed medication. Your scenario would indicate they were intentionally doing it. Big difference.

Anabolic steroids and HGH are prescription medications. If Burfict was taking a prescription medication he was doing so intentionally. Point being, PEDs are not allowed in season or offseason without a therapeutic exemption. If he had a therapeutic exemption then he wouldn't be facing a suspension.

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - jj22 - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 03:47 PM)RASCAL Wrote: let me make something real clear for all you Burfict haters. Without him, our D SUCKS!!! NO TRADE NO LET GO OF!!!
Get off the mans back and lets see what happens!  I just don't understand all you Burfict haters. Like you all are never guilty of anything at all. If Burfict goes to another team, our D will turn to shit!!! I personally am behind him 110%. If you don't like him go root for another team!! PERIOD!!! This is especially for you jj22!

Don't get mad at me cause our best players can't stay on the field. You guys keep telling me they will, history keeps proving me right. Why do you want me to keep getting fooled? I certainly don't want that for you guys. But Bengal fans keep getting played by Lucy.

I'm team Burfict and Team Eifert, but forgive me if I'm over the annual let down.

We MUST prepare for life without them.

People outside of the jungle are saying we can't keep hitching our wagon on unreliable vehicles if we want to turn this thing around. I'm at that point as treasonous as some make it out to be.

Fool me once on you, how often do you want me to keep getting fooled? Right George?

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - McC - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 07:23 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Says you, doesn’t make it right. He’s an awesome talent that You can’t depend on in any way. He also has a ton of brain injuries. I’m not for cutting him but it would be foolish not to listen to trade offers. I listed reasons, please share your reasons as to why it’s such a bad idea?

He's the heart of the team.  It's our cross to bear.  What he gives can't be gotten in a trade.  You will never get adequate return in such a trade.    Weakening your team is a bad idea.

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - Pat5775 - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 07:36 PM)RASCAL Wrote: why don't you go and take all of his haters with you and become Browns fans! For your info, THATS A GREAT POINT!!! I will never agree with anyone who wants to give away our heart and soul on defense!

Once again, complete refusal to address anything I said and resorting to acting like a child. What a wonderful joy you must be to have around during group discussions  Whatever

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - TheUberHuber - 03-16-2018

Maybe he was dealing with a major concussion and didn't know what he was doing. Could be just a mix up. Wait and see.

(03-16-2018, 08:31 PM)McC Wrote: He's the heart of the team.  It's our cross to bear.  What he gives can't be gotten in a trade.  You will never get adequate return in such a trade.    Weakening your team is a bad idea.

Burfict is one more serious concussion or suspension from being out for a long time. Possibly for good. He's clearly heading down one of those paths IMO. I think it would be wise to move him and get something while we still can. 

Also, the vast majority of people here keep saying he's the "heart of the team"... What are people basing this on? Sure, he makes the defense better when he's on the field. That much is obvious. But does our team become so utterly depressed and lackadaisical when Burfict can't play? Does burficts mere presence really motivate the entire team to play better? I'm not so sure about that... 

I think we'd be better off trading Burfict now and begin preparing/adjusting to life without him. We'll probably have to do it soon anyway. 

(03-16-2018, 08:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Burfict is one more serious concussion or suspension from being out for a long time. Possibly for good. He's clearly heading down one of those paths IMO. I think it would be wise to move him and get something while we still can. 

Also, the vast majority of people here keep saying he's the "heart of the team"... What are people basing this on? Sure, he makes the defense better when he's on the field. That much is obvious. But does our team become so utterly depressed and lackadaisical when Burfict can't play? Does burficts mere presence really motivate the entire team to play better? I'm not so sure about that... 

I think we'd be better off trading Burfict now and begin preparing/adjusting to life without him. We'll probably have to do it soon anyway. 

I just don't see the Bengals bailing on him.  He earned some heat in the beginning.  But the retribution that has rained down on him is ridiculous.  The Bengals will not throw him away.  Like it or not, he's a Bengal and so he will stay.  The Bengals see the Goodell crap.  They know it's bogus too.

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - BenZoo2 - 03-16-2018

Given the circumstances and burficts lack of off field issues I will be waiting to render judgement until more facts are known.

Suspension or not, if it's me making the decision to trade or keep him I would need to be getting an offer I couldn't refuse. There is nothing wrong with listening.

There's nothing wrong with preparing for life without him. When you have multiple good players at a position it's obviously easier to absorb the loss of one

(03-16-2018, 08:45 PM)McC Wrote: I just don't see the Bengals bailing on him.  He earned some heat in the beginning.  But the retribution that has rained down on him is ridiculous.  The Bengals will not throw him away.  Like it or not, he's a Bengal and so he will stay.  The Bengals see the Goodell crap.  They know it's bogus too.

Agreed. I don't see the team bailing on (cutting) him... Nor do I see them trading him. Like you said, they've invested too much on him already. He's one of "the guys" on this team... And while I wish the team would move on and look toward the future, I know that it is just not going to happen. 

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - Millhouse - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 08:31 PM)McC Wrote: He's the heart of the team.  It's our cross to bear.  What he gives can't be gotten in a trade.  You will never get adequate return in such a trade.    Weakening your team is a bad idea.

If Burfict is the heart of a team, then that team is in trouble.

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - jowczarski - 03-16-2018

Couple things:
* There is no medication for a concussion. So that is kind of a weak argument. It's a bruise on the brain that takes time to heal.
* I really, really doubt a team-prescribed pain med (which are standard across the locker room) resulted in a positive PED test.
* It doesn't matter that he was tested a couple days after injuring his shoulder. He still played in the previous game and the Bengals never put him on IR or officially ruled him out by that point. Not that it matters, as all players are randomly tested.
* There are no "voids" in his contract. His extension was always (as I reported last September) a true pay-for-play. After his signing bonus was paid out last Sept., all his money comes from being on the team and playing. $2M on March 31 for being on the team. $500K for working out. $2.25M for being on the 46-man roster all 16 games. Could the Bengals cut him before March 31? Sure. But I really doubt it. 

(03-16-2018, 08:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If Burfict is the heart of a team, then that team is in trouble.

Well, it is what it is. 

He got a life sentence for stealing a candy bar.  Plain as day.

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - Sled21 - 03-16-2018

Makes no sense. He's recovering from a concussion and a shoulder injury. Does anyone really think he was working out? Why take PEds if you aren't working out.....

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - Tama - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 06:32 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It's almost like they are trying to find something to suspend Burfict on. There's just no way you can suspend a guy for PEDs when he was already out for the season. What a joke.

Totally untrue. If you're under contract to a team, you're in the NFL.  Just because you're not active for any amount of time does not mean that the rules and policies suddenly all go away or don't apply to you.   As long as you're an employee of an NFL team, being active, a benchwarmer or on IR is irrelevant when it comes to the PED policies.

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - StLucieBengal - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 09:03 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Couple things:
* There is no medication for a concussion. So that is kind of a weak argument. It's a bruise on the brain that takes time to heal.
* I really, really doubt a team-prescribed pain med (which are standard across the locker room) resulted in a positive PED test.
* It doesn't matter that he was tested a couple days after injuring his shoulder. He still played in the previous game and the Bengals never put him on IR or officially ruled him out by that point. Not that it matters, as all players are randomly tested.
* There are no "voids" in his contract. His extension was always (as I reported last September) a true pay-for-play. After his signing bonus was paid out last Sept., all his money comes from being on the team and playing. $2M on March 31 for being on the team. $500K for working out. $2.25M for being on the 46-man roster all 16 games. Could the Bengals cut him before March 31? Sure. But I really doubt it. 

Thanks. Apppreciate you posting to clear things ups.

RE: Breaking: Burfict Suspended (Again) - PDub80 - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 07:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Anabolic steroids and HGH are prescription medications. If Burfict was taking a prescription medication he was doing so intentionally. Point being, PEDs are not allowed in season or offseason without a therapeutic exemption. If he had a therapeutic exemption then he wouldn't be facing a suspension.

My question will be do they require paperwork to show a prescription to get a medical exemption FIRST, or does the NFL accept medical paperwork post test to confirm?

(03-16-2018, 09:03 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Couple things:

There is medication for a headache.  And the pain of a hurt shoulder too.