Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... (/Thread-Just-read-Hobspin-s-media-mock)

Pages: 1 2 3

Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - sandwedge - 03-23-2018

He has us taking De'Ron Payne, which I'm ok with, but in the sentence before that he mentions centers. According to him we have Hopkins and TJ Johnson, so center wouldn't be that high of priority, in fact he says we can get one later. Isn't this the old Bengals way of thinking? I really hope they don't revert back to just settling on someone that is just adequate and not upgrade a glaring weakness.. I know I shouldn't take Hobby serious, but.....

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - PhilHos - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't this the old Bengals way of thinking?

Yes.

Remember, they wanted to re-sign Bodine to a long-term deal.  Whatever

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - Au165 - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He has us taking De'Ron Payne, which I'm ok with, but in the sentence before that he mentions centers. According to him we have Hopkins and TJ Johnson, so center wouldn't be that high of priority, in fact he says we can get one later. Isn't this the old Bengals way of thinking? I really hope they don't revert back to just settling on someone that is just adequate and not upgrade a glaring weakness.. I know I shouldn't take Hobby serious, but.....

Hobson when it comes to the draft is usually just way off. I wouldn't worry about it.

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - ochocincos - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He has us taking De'Ron Payne, which I'm ok with, but in the sentence before that he mentions centers. According to him we have Hopkins and TJ Johnson, so center wouldn't be that high of priority, in fact he says we can get one later. Isn't this the old Bengals way of thinking? I really hope they don't revert back to just settling on someone that is just adequate and not upgrade a glaring weakness.. I know I shouldn't take Hobby serious, but.....

If they take a DT in Rd 1, I want Hurst. I'd prefer an elite pass rusher over a run stuffer. Bengals have Baker and Billings for NT.
But I prefer OL, TE, LB, or maybe even DB over DT.

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - Bengalstripes9 - 03-23-2018

G Will Hernandez was on the board too. If you're gunna wait for a center until the next round, would you rather grab Hernandez or Payne with the first pick?

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - jj22 - 03-23-2018

Odd are against Bengals taking a center round 1, but Hobs had me believing OJ Howard was the likely pick last year, and a wideout under 6 feet was out of the question. He was way off.

Wait to hear who Lap says we'll take. You can pretty much take that as gospel.

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - jj22 - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:33 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: G Will Hernandez was on the board too. If you're gunna wait for a center until the next round, would you rather grab Hernandez or Payne with the first pick?

I think it's even less likely (then center even) they pick a guard with Westerman/Redmond ready for his shot. Our true needs on the line right now are Center and RT. If they don't feel like those should be addressed in the 1st, I don't see how they have a guard need that high.

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - sandwedge - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Odd are against Bengals taking a center round 1, but Hobs had me believing OJ Howard was the likely pick last year, and a wideout under 6 feet was out of the question. He was way off.

I'm alright, not excited, with who he has us taking, but to say the 2 shlubs he mentioned are adequate for the center position is completely stupid, to say it nicely.

Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - BenZoo2 - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm alright, not excited, with who he has us taking, but to say the 2 shlubs he mentioned are adequate for the center position is completely stupid, to say it nicely.

They couldn’t even beat out blodine. Some lessons are apparently never learned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - PDub80 - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:33 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: G Will Hernandez was on the board too. If you're gunna wait for a center until the next round, would you rather grab Hernandez or Payne with the first pick?

Payne. I like what the Bengals have at G in Westerman. I also don't see G as a premier position. I actually like Payne know the 1st and then a C in the 2nd or 3rd. Draft is loaded at C.

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - McC - 03-23-2018

If you're gonna take a C, why the hell take the fifth best? Take the best and put this 12 year nightmare to rest once and for all.

(03-23-2018, 12:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Odd are against Bengals taking a center round 1, but Hobs had me believing OJ Howard was the likely pick last year, and a wideout under 6 feet was out of the question. He was way off.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4835240]

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - SunsetBengal - 03-23-2018

When has Hobson ever accurately let out who the Bengals are aiming towards? Everyone knows that if you really want to know, you pay close attention to what Dave Lapham has to say..

(03-23-2018, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When has Hobson ever accurately let out who the Bengals are aiming towards?  Everyone knows that if you really want to know, you pay close attention to what Dave Lapham has to say..

It does make you wonder though...have teams also figured this out?

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - SunsetBengal - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It does make you wonder though...have teams also figured this out?

Oh, it's possible.  It's also been rumored that the Bengal braintrust listened to Pittsburgh talk radio, in order to know to take Willie Jackson one slot ahead of where the Steelers wanted him.  Ninja

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:48 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm alright, not excited, with who he has us taking, but to say the 2 shlubs he mentioned are adequate for the center position is completely stupid, to say it nicely.

I like Da'Ron Payne a lot, but you are completely correct about that. It these guys couldn't beat out the 31st ranked Center
in the NFL they are shlubs, to say we are fine is more than completely stupid, it is downright assinine. Just happy Hobspin
never knows what the hell is going on when it comes to the Draft.

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - J24 - 03-23-2018

That actually pissed me off we should be drafting the BPA and no offense to Payne he is not it. To me a nose tackle is like a full back nice to have but at best a 4th Rd pick. If we draft a Defensive lineman they better be a legit pass rusher. It would be comical to draft him especially after messing up not drafting Allen last year. Also why are we sold on pass rusher when MJ is 31 and Glasgow had zero sacks last season. Honestly his opinion is bad here.

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - XsandOs - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:32 PM), last yearAu165 Wrote: Hobson when it comes to the draft is usually just way off. I wouldn't worry about it.

(03-23-2018, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When has Hobson ever accurately let out who the Bengals are aiming towards?  Everyone knows that if you really want to know, you pay close attention to what Dave Lapham has to say..

(03-23-2018, 04:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It does make you wonder though...have teams also figured this out?

Considering that he is the beat writer, his job is counter-propaganda. Sometimes he gets too cute with his mis-directional comments and provides a window to the real intent, such as his comment about Bengals lack of interest in a wide receiver under 6 feet, last year.

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - BengalFanInNJ - 03-23-2018

I actually think we are ok at Guard. They need a Center first and foremost though. They can get a good one in the 2nd round. If McGlinchey is there at 21 and the Bengals take him, I'm ok with that too. No matter what, they need to grab a Center in the 2nd round.

RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - HarleyDog - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When has Hobson ever accurately let out who the Bengals are aiming towards? Everyone knows that if you really want to know, you pay close attention to what Dave Lapham has to say..

Lap is awesome. Guy is gold!