Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2018 Reds Season Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: 2018 Reds Season Thread (/Thread-2018-Reds-Season-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - psychdoctor - 06-27-2018

Taking 2 out of 3 against division leading Braves is no small task. wow.

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - fredtoast - 06-27-2018

Bullpen allows one walk, one hit, and zero runs in 5 innings as Reds come from behind to win.

Reds have won 12 of last 15.

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - grampahol - 06-27-2018

They're almost fun to read about again. I don't live close enough to get to watch games often.. Too bad I forget the Braves are on tv around these parts . 

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - samhain - 06-27-2018

It's early to think too seriously about it, but if this team finishes with a decent second half record, do they shift into buying mode this offseason? Does it mean the farm talent acquisition phase of the rebuild is coming to an end?

I hope to god that this recent streak is something real. Finish strong and be on the hunt for a couple of veteran starters in the offseason. Who knows? Could be fun.

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - SunsetBengal - 06-27-2018

(06-27-2018, 05:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bullpen allows one walk, one hit, and zero runs in 5 innings as Reds come from behind to win.

Reds have won 12 of last 15.

A truly heroic performance from the pen.  However, if they can't get consistent innings from the rotation, that bullpen will fatigue in a hurry.  I'm hoping that they are looking to go for a starter, when the fire sales begin.

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - fredtoast - 06-28-2018

(06-27-2018, 09:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A truly heroic performance from the pen.  However, if they can't get consistent innings from the rotation, that bullpen will fatigue in a hurry.  I'm hoping that they are looking to go for a starter, when the fire sales begin.

The starters have been by far the worst part of the team.

But Harvey has looked good in two straight starts (sad that I am excited by that) and if DiScalfini can just return to his '16 form he would be the best starter on the team.

Still need a couple of more starters to even have a decent rotation and none of them can be called an "ace".

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - grampahol - 06-28-2018

Sort of , kind of, in a way somewhat trying to follow the game against Milwaukee online.. Behind 5-4 with 2 more innings to go . A sweep of the Brewers would be nice although I'm not necessarily expecting it.. 
Disco gave up 4 in 6.1 innings.. all earned runs ..6ks.. 

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - grampahol - 06-28-2018

So much for sweeping the Brewers.. lost 6-4..  Oh well . It was fun while it lasted .

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - grampahol - 07-01-2018

Have I mentioned Lorenzen's freakin amazing right now ? 3 homers and a Grand salamy.. wow.. it may be time to get rid of Hamilton and put Lorenzen in Center and use him in relief when needed   .. That might make more sense than hoping the boy wonder can learn to hit  

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - SunsetBengal - 07-01-2018

(07-01-2018, 05:28 AM)grampahol Wrote: Have I mentioned Lorenzen's freakin amazing right now ? 3 homers and a Grand salamy.. wow.. it may be time to get rid of Hamilton and put Lorenzen in Center and use him in relief when needed   .. That might make more sense than hoping the boy wonder can learn to hit  

Lorenzen?  Is he related to the fat guy that used to play QB?

Another Grand Slam, en route to an 8-2 win. Another series won.

Who are these guys? What have they done with our shitty Reds team?

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - bengalfan74 - 07-01-2018

(07-01-2018, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Another Grand Slam, en route to an 8-2 win.  Another series won.

Who are these guys?  What have they done with our shitty Reds team?

They split a 4 game series I believe. But still they're like 16-8 over last 24 games or somewhere close to that !

(07-01-2018, 08:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They split a 4 game series I believe. But still they're like 16-8 over last 24 games or somewhere close to that !

Yeah, you're right.  But still, quite a turn around since that dreadful start.

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - CJD - 07-02-2018

I am loving Reds Baseball right now.

Imagine if our 3-18 start even remotely close to acceptable. Even with such a horrific start, we are 12 games under .500 now (6 game decisions).

I wish Price was fired last season. He was obviously dead weight. Riggleman is managing exactly .500 baseball since he became manager (33-33).

I think we'd agree that that is well above the expectations we had for this season. Hopefully they manage to get back up to .500 by the end of the season! Big Grin

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - bengalfan74 - 07-02-2018

(07-02-2018, 09:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am loving Reds Baseball right now.

Imagine if our 3-18 start even remotely close to acceptable. Even with such a horrific start, we are 12 games under .500 now (6 game decisions).

I wish Price was fired last season. He was obviously dead weight. Riggleman is managing exactly .500 baseball since he became manager (33-33).

I think we'd agree that that is well above the expectations we had for this season. Hopefully they manage to get back up to .500 by the end of the season! Big Grin

They've become a lot of fun to watch over the last few weeks. I just hope the ownership/GM use this as a launching pad to truly rebuild the team. At some point we have to quit talking about prospects and grooming players and actually rebuild.

Or in other words get some starting pitching in here.

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - psychdoctor - 07-03-2018

My seats are about 30 yards from home plate. That play with Billy Hamilton was amazing.

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - bengalfan74 - 07-04-2018

(07-03-2018, 11:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My seats are about 30 yards from home plate.  That play with Billy Hamilton was amazing.

He makes plays nobody else in the game can ! If only he could be an average hitter.

The four errors in the final couple extra innings were just to much to overcome. You give any major league team 4 or 5 outs an inning you're gonna get beat.

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - psychdoctor - 07-05-2018

(07-04-2018, 12:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He makes plays nobody else in the game can ! If only he could be an average hitter.

The four errors in the final couple extra innings were just to much to overcome. You give any major league team 4 or 5 outs an inning you're gonna get beat.

He also made an awesome catch in CF like no other during the White Sox game.  It is a problem with him not hitting.  I don't want to give up on him but damn, his BA is not  where it should be.  

Another issue is Gennett.  The guy cannot play 2nd base.  If they could move Gennett to the OF and bring up Senzel to play 2nd base and place Schebler in CF, they could have a formidable squad at the plate.  

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - grampahol - 07-06-2018

(07-05-2018, 05:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He also made an awesome catch in CF like no other during the White Sox game.  It is a problem with him not hitting.  I don't want to give up on him but damn, his BA is not  where it should be.  

Another issue is Gennett.  The guy cannot play 2nd base.  If they could move Gennett to the OF and bring up Senzel to play 2nd base and place Schebler in CF, they could have a formidable squad at the plate.  

Gennett doesn't have  the arm for right field, left perhaps, but his defensive prowess in the OF didn't exactly light any planets on fire   

RE: 2018 Reds Season Thread - fredtoast - 07-06-2018

(07-04-2018, 12:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He makes plays nobody else in the game can ! If only he could be an average hitter.

(07-05-2018, 05:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He also made an awesome catch in CF like no other during the White Sox game.  It is a problem with him not hitting.  I don't want to give up on him but damn, his BA is not  where it should be.  

He hit .260 just two years ago.  Plus he stole a lot more bases.  He is drawing a few more walks this year, but I have no idea why his other numbers are dropping.  He is still young and healthy.

What about that throw to the plate he made last game?  I had no idea his arm was that good.  That was a HUGE play at a crucial point in the game.