Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Browns On the Clock - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Browns On the Clock (/Thread-Browns-On-the-Clock)

Pages: 1 2

Browns On the Clock - bfine32 - 04-11-2018

Every year we do a NFL Mock where we do the first round or 2 depending on interest. Last year we gave ourselves Derek Barnett in RD 1 and Pat Eflien in RD 2 and Josh Doctson in RD 1 in 2016.

Well we’ll do it again and it should take us right up to the real thing. So what I need you to do is recommend the Brown’s pick at #1 and we’ll go all the way up to the Bengals. Feel free to explain your nomination.

RE: Browns On the Clock - Goalpost - 04-11-2018

From what I've read the Browns like Darnold. Chubb or Barkley would be the non qbs worthy at one. I'll say Darnold

RE: Browns On the Clock - BenZoo2 - 04-11-2018

I think they go Allen. Biggest arm and high athleticism. A near Wentz clone. As a bengals he's one I want to them take the least. I think darnold only becomes average. Rosen has concussion issues. Mayfield I don't think is on their radar

RE: Browns On the Clock - Bengalstripes9 - 04-11-2018

I'd draft Chubb, but they probably go QB. I'd use the strength of the draft (offensive and defensive lines) to get better on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Chubb is an elite pass rusher that could really help the Browns create tons of pressure on opposing offensive lines, when combined with who they already have. With the second pick I'd either go RB, Safety, or trade down for more picks. Then I'd fortify their offensive line in the second and third rounds--and potentially grab a QB like Rudolph. Realistically, they'll have a good draft pick to take a QB next year. By taking my approach though, they would be well on their way to building a contender.

Of course, this is what I would do, I'm sure they end up taking a QB with one of their top picks. It makes sense if they go QB one overall, then trade down from 4. If Chubb were there at 4 you take him, but he'll be gone. I think the Giants nab Chubb at 2.

RE: Browns On the Clock - Bilbo Saggins - 04-11-2018

If they were smart they'd take Rosen. Since it's the Browns and they are not that smart, they'll probably take the turnover machine over the far and away best qb in the class. 

RE: Browns On the Clock - leonardfan40 - 04-11-2018

I’d draft Barkley. I think and hope they go Darnold.... or really Brown it up and go with Mayfield lmao, that’s probably too much to ask for though so I’ll stick with Darnold

RE: Browns On the Clock - leonardfan40 - 04-11-2018

(04-11-2018, 10:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: If they were smart they'd take Rosen. Since it's the Browns and they are not that smart, they'll probably take the turnover machine over the far and away best qb in the class. 

Yep, Rosen is the best QB in the draft so I’m pretty confident they won’t pick him lol

RE: Browns On the Clock - NATI BENGALS - 04-11-2018

Saquan. They have a QB they traded for that just got the Bills to the playoffs for this first time in awhile. They wont have the pressure of starting the #1 overall pick at QB. Plus they get the best guy in the draft capable of carrying a massive load. And still get Darnold rosen or allen at 4.

RE: Browns On the Clock - BengalFanInNJ - 04-11-2018

Trent Richardson scared them off. They can possibly get Saquon at 4 so they'll go QB. I think it will be Josh Rosen.

RE: Browns On the Clock - bfine32 - 04-11-2018

It's between Darnold and Allen. I think they go Allen, but hope they go Darnold.

RE: Browns On the Clock - Bilbo Saggins - 04-12-2018

(04-11-2018, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's between Darnold and Allen. I think they go Allen, but hope they go Darnold.

Allen has a Jacoby Brisset/Jake Locker sort of vibe to him imo. A lot of the deep analytical stuff that I've seen/heard about does not bode well for his pro career. His anticipation and accuracy are going to have to greatly improve in the pros if he's ever going to be an above average QB. Could it happen? It could, but it would probably take time.

I wouldn't be scared of the Browns taking either. Rosen is the one that would scare me a bit. Mayfield, Rudolph, and Lauletta are the other qbs in this class that I could see doing well as pros. 

RE: Browns On the Clock - CJD - 04-12-2018

Allen just seems like such a Browns pick.

I honestly think they'll go that way haha.

Darnold will probably have a better NFL career.

RE: Browns On the Clock - ochocincos - 04-12-2018

I think they will go Allen. Teams salivate over his measurables and big arm but know he needs a year or two to groom. Browns have the opportunity to groom him behind Tyrod Taylor for (at least) a year.

RE: Browns On the Clock - Yojimbo - 04-12-2018

Josh Allen is my guess. Sit a year behind Taylor, ala Palmer behind Kitna.

RE: Browns On the Clock - BengalDawg - 04-12-2018

I think they take Baker Mayfield for the reasons below...

Mayfield - they had him in for a 2 day visit and all other QBs only 1 day

Barkley - Their new GM has never picked a RB in the first round
Chubb - Best player at this spot, but honestly with Garrett and Ogba(SP?) it's not a need

RE: Browns On the Clock - Mike M (the other one) - 04-12-2018

(04-12-2018, 12:26 PM)BengalDawg Wrote: I think they take Baker Mayfield for the reasons below...

Mayfield - they had him in for a 2 day visit and all other QBs only 1 day

Barkley - Their new GM has never picked a RB in the first round
Chubb - Best player at this spot, but honestly with Garrett and Ogba(SP?) it's not a need

Noooo
I'm praying not Mayfield, but like you, I think that's their pick. Hue seems to get giddy when talking about Mayfield.

I don't know why people keep dismissing him. If he was 2 inches taller, he'd be the Number 1 pick with out a doubt.

RE: Browns On the Clock - Synric - 04-12-2018

(04-12-2018, 01:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Noooo
I'm praying not Mayfield, but like you, I think that's their pick. Hue seems to get giddy when talking about Mayfield.

I don't know why people keep dismissing him. If he was 2 inches taller, he'd be the Number 1 pick with out a doubt.

But those 2 inches are important or we would see alot more 6 foot QBs. 

Lol this group of QBs all have huge flaws.

Josh Allen - inaccurate.
Josh Rosen - statue cannot throw while moving.
Sam Darnold - windup thats just asking to be stripped.
Baker Mayfield - short get ready for batted balls.

RE: Browns On the Clock - coachmcneil71 - 04-12-2018

(04-11-2018, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's between Darnold and Allen. I think they go Allen, but hope they go Darnold.

I'm hearing it's Darnold from multiple credible sources. Now, what do I know? Probably not much, but that's what my Brownie lifers are saying. 

They figure they can still get Chubb or Barkley at #4. I also heard a rumour of a trade back at #4.

I'm going with Darnold at #1 for C-land.

RE: Browns On the Clock - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-12-2018

I think they should take Chubb or Barkley, but they will go QB, they cannot be dumb enough to take Darnold can they?

My vote is Josh Allen, high upside but very raw and inaccurate, Favre type. Not too smart for the Stains, not as dumb as a Darnold pick.

Rosen is a thought here for sure but i think they go for the upside in Allen.

Wyoming #1 overall pick, never thought i would say those words. Smirk

RE: Browns On the Clock - BengalHawk62 - 04-12-2018

Its gotta be Barkley for them here.  They signed a QB already this offseason.  Not saying they won't get one at 4, but for the first pick, its Barkley.