Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? (/Thread-Which-scenario-would-u-be-more-happy-with)

Pages: 1 2

Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-16-2018

I’m torn. Don’t know if I wanna go backer or oline round 1. Which scenario would we all be on board with with our first 4 picks.
1. Rashaan Evans
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Orlando Brown.
Or
1. Mike McGlinchey
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Darius Leonard

Either way I’m happy but I can’t decide....your thoughts

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - ochocincos - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 01:06 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m torn.  Don’t know if I wanna go backer or oline round 1.  Which scenario would we all be on board with with our first 4 picks.
1. Rashaan Evans
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Orlando Brown.
Or
1. Will Hernandez
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Darius Leonard

Option 1 because I think either Westerman or Redmond can be solid at RG this year. Plus I think the Bengals would love to "steal" Orlando Brown in the third round, as we know they are looking at OT prospects with all but one hitting FA after this year.

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-16-2018

With the same thinking in mind I’m hoping ur right

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - Mike M (the other one) - 04-16-2018

Option 1.
There will still be more guards ready to draft if we still need one. (while it's great having one of the best G's in the nfl possibly, but we all know when it comes contract time we won't keep him as MB prefers to spend the money elsewhere, so why not get a decent one and keep him on an affordable contract once the rookie deal is up?)
And Group 1 is all solid and early contributors.

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - Hoofhearted - 04-16-2018

Option 1 without any doubts.

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - Hoofhearted - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 01:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Option 1.
There will still be more guards ready to draft if we still need one. (while it's great having one of the best G's in the nfl possibly, but we all know when it comes contract time we won't keep him as MB prefers to spend the money elsewhere, so why not get a decent one and keep him on an affordable contract once the rookie deal is up?)
And Group 1 is all solid and early contributors.

This.

I dont care if they don't grab a guard until the fourth round or so. Spend a quality pick on a center, then help the defense out please. 

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - sandwedge - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 01:06 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m torn.  Don’t know if I wanna go backer or oline round 1.  Which scenario would we all be on board with with our first 4 picks.
1. Rashaan Evans
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Orlando Brown.
Or
1. Will Hernandez
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Darius Leonard

Your top option please. Although I would take Bates in the 3rd instead Greene.
Evans is would solidify the LB corp immensely, a guard we have already. (No knock on Hernandez)

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - HarleyDog - 04-16-2018

Serious question here: What is the purpose of bringing in college players before the draft? Is it just to take an extra look? It's not like they can choose where they go?

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - ochocincos - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 03:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Serious question here: What is the purpose of bringing in college players before the draft? Is it just to take an extra look? It's not like they can choose where they go?

You get a chance to find out their intangibles.

(04-16-2018, 03:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Serious question here: What is the purpose of bringing in college players before the draft? Is it just to take an extra look? It's not like they can choose where they go?

I think it's to see how the kid interacts with people. I view at a 2nd interview. They can probably ask the player questions, that he hasn't memorized the answer for already like the combine.

(04-16-2018, 03:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Your top option please. Although I would take Bates in the 3rd instead Greene.
Evans is would solidify the LB corp immensely, a guard we have already. (No knock on Hernandez)

My 4th rd pick is deshon Elliott. Nations leader in interceptions and we need a ball hawk. I feel like Elliott is the perfect pick early in the 4th. Which allows us to snag our future Dunlap replacement in the third

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - PikesPeakUC - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 04:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think it's to see how the kid interacts with people. I view at a 2nd interview. They can probably ask the player questions, that he hasn't memorized the answer for already like the combine.

Pretty much. I know the Texans brought Watson in last year and his interactions with the players already there and how they tended to gravitate to him really sold Houston and was the impetus for them to trade up and get him. 

Ideally it's just a chance to bring them in and see how they handle the environment. 

(04-16-2018, 05:16 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Pretty much. I know the Texans brought Watson in last year and his interactions with the players already there and how they tended to gravitate to him really sold Houston and was the impetus for them to trade up and get him. 

Ideally it's just a chance to bring them in and see how they handle the environment. 

And also a lot of interviews are rushed and everyone is trying to see everyone at the combine. This allows them to take their time ask all the right questions and like u said, how the guy interact with others, how they hand the environment etc. More so with Evans I wonder if also brought him in for any type of workout due to the fact that I guess his pro day wasn’t eye popping. We can’t let Pittsburgh replace shazier just like that. Pittsburgh is a completely different team defensively without him.

Someone mentioned trading burfict in the draft if we go Evans round 1.... we would still need the kitchen sink tho for him right? If so I’d do it but my socks would need to be on the back of a milk carton for me to even entertain that...

(04-16-2018, 04:34 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: My 4th rd pick is deshon Elliott.  Nations leader in interceptions and we need a ball hawk.  I feel like Elliott is the perfect pick early in the 4th.  Which allows us to snag our future Dunlap replacement in the third

I would be down with that!

(04-16-2018, 07:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I would be down with that!

Right, Elliott i think is a stud.   Its just hard overall with hernandez for me to say no cuz with that hernandez pick, thats 1200 yards for mixon with one player. i truly believe that and i want my corey dillon days back.(in regards to the running game)

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - Jason_NC - 04-16-2018

1. Rashaan Evans
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Orlando Brown.
Or
1. Mike McGlinchey
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Darius Leonard

2, with my edit.   Smirk

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - Jpoore - 04-16-2018

1. Rashaan Evans
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Orlando Brown.
Or
1. Will Hernandez
2. Frank Ragnow
3. Rasheem Greene
3. Darius Leonard

The people saying option 1 need to watch some film on Leonard. It's easily option 2. U get King Kong next to a great run blocking center? And boling? Top 5 interior oline. And Darius Leonard is a perfect lber to cover tes and rbs. 

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - Bilbo Saggins - 04-17-2018

The second option, except I think that I'd prefer Brown(or quite a few tackles) over Leonard.  

RE: Which scenario would u be more happy with??? - CJD - 04-17-2018

The second one, without a doubt.

Evans worries me. There's a reason he's falling down draft boards.

When you consider his mediocre measurables, health concerns, mediocre work out numbers (he didn't even run a 40. At all.) limited production, and lack of play making skill I think Evans has a high bust potential in the NFL. You're basically relying entirely on how he looked in a hand full of games behind an absolutely dominant Dline.

Quote:Marginal height, weight, length and testing numbers — short arms and good but hardly great athletic traits. Scouts have no 40 time on record for Evans because he skipped running it at the combine, Bama’s main pro day as well as on their retest day this week (which angered scouts who believed he’d run the last time and made the trip to watch him).

Will over-pursue and be hyper-aggressive at times. Appeared more effective when exploiting good matchups (blitzing vs. running backs, singled up against tight ends, e.g.) rather than whipping quality pass blockers. Used primarily as situational pass rusher his first few seasons on defense. Wasn’t given full role until last season, so his positional instincts and experience must be considered carefully. Coverage skills might not be fully developed yet.

Can clean up his tackling in space, as seen on this high tackle attempt vs. Tennessee — Evans reads the play nicely but just doesn’t take RB John Kelly down:

Is he a playmaker? Zero interceptions, two forced fumbles in 42 games. Despite 15 sacks in that period, he might be too light to be a consistent pass-rush force in the NFL. Operated in front of an exceptional defensive line for three years and had a lot of clean lanes to make plays.

Health concerns must be vetted. Missed two games with a groin injury and appeared to be affected by it most of the season thereafter. In those regards, there’s perhaps a bit more of a boom/bust quality to his game at the next level.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/03/29/nfl-draft-profile-no-29-alabama-lb-rashaan-evans/a7x898k/

He seems like a poor man's Reuben Foster to me.

I'd take him in the second round though.