Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
One of these four may fall... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: One of these four may fall... (/Thread-One-of-these-four-may-fall)

Pages: 1 2

RE: One of these four may fall... - leonardfan40 - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 08:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With all due respect, you don't know that.  And the point of the thread was to ask (or rate) four very highly rated players against one another and ask who fans would most like to see in stripes.

Last year, one LB was taken before selection #21.  ONE.  We all thought Reuben Foster was a bonafide top 10 pick, and he went #31.

I didn't see Corey Davis going at #5, Mike Williams at #7, or McCaffery going at #8, but teams always fall in love with the model of the two teams that just participated in the Super Bowl.  New England and Atlanta.  High-powered offenses.  The same with last year, pats and eagles.  I am just saying that it could happen and it was interesting to get (almost) everyone's take on who they prefer. 

(04-18-2018, 09:02 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Not a single 1 is gonna fall to 21 regardless of what justification u can whip up....with all do respect of course

Players fall every year for various reasons. Sometimes they’re just too hyped up by all of us nobody’s and the decision makers that actually matter don’t see it our way. I’d say it’s unlikely, but if you follow the draft long enough you’ll learn to never be surprised and never say never.

RE: One of these four may fall... - CJD - 04-18-2018

There are often players who fall for unforeseen reasons.

Shariff Floyd, for example, fell from a surefire top 5 pick in 2013 to the 23rd pick overall.

In 2017, O.J Howard, Johnathan Allen, Malik Hooker and Reuben Foster each went, at least, 5 to 10 picks later than even the most bold mock drafts dared project they go.

The same could be said for Laremy Tunsil in 2016, Darqueze Dennard in 2014, Jarvis Jones and Floyd in 2013, Davis DeCastro in 2012 etc etc.

Now, granted, those players each dropped for their own reasons, between concerns regarding athleticism vs production, injury concerns, off field issues or positional value, none of which may apply to these 4 players.

But the fact remains that there are only 10 top 10 picks. You can have 15 players graded as top 10 quality players, but they can't all be selected there.

All we need is a few teams to reach for other players based on A. positional need, B. Unforeseen Preference (Jerome Simpson), C. misalignment of evaluation or D. Good Ole Fashioned obsession with a physical quality (such as Heyward Bey to Oakland) and one of these players may very well slip through the cracks long enough for us to draft them or possibly trade up a few picks to draft them.

Crazier things have happened in the NFL draft. I wouldn't rule it out.

That said, I don't expect us to get any of these players at 21 Tongue

RE: One of these four may fall... - Goalpost - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 11:47 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Players fall every year for various reasons. Sometimes they’re just too hyped up by all of us nobody’s and the decision makers that actually matter don’t see it our way. I’d say it’s unlikely, but if you follow the draft long enough you’ll learn to never be surprised and never say never.

Agree.  Last year I was 'surprised' with Jonathan Allen, when he slid, and yet he lasted another 8 picks after us, til pick 17.