Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** (/Thread-OFFICIAL-2018-DRAFT-DISCUSSION-THREAD)

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Pat5775 - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:15 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: To the people talking crap about a guy that was paralyzed that can walk again, grow up.

I'm happy that he can walk again, but not happy that nobody in the media is making Shazier into a cautionary tale. It's always "his horrific injury against the bengals"... Just how did he get that injury, guys? Care to shed some light on that? Hmm

Of course not. 

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:18 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. And he never did that crap at Ohio state (at least not that I can recall). He gets to Pitt and becomes a cheap shotting punk. And celebrated knocking out Gio  Whatever And we're supposed to feel bad that it finally bit him in the ass? Sorry, can't do it. I'm not happy that he's hurt, but he gets no pity from me.

Yeah, I wished nothing but the worst for him but just ON the football field. I hate that SOB but I don't hate him that much to be happy he got paralyzed. I'm glad he's making progress and hope he can walk normally again. 

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Schmitbuck - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:21 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'm happy that he can walk again, but not happy that nobody in the media is making Shazier into a cautionary tale. It's always "his horrific injury against the bengals"... Just how did he get that injury, guys? Care to shed some light on that? Hmm

Of course not. 

What do you mean? The NFL made a rule change because of it.

(04-27-2018, 12:21 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: My gut instinct is that Tomlin teaches his players to hurt people when they can get away with it.

My gut instinct is that the Rooneys or somebody else in the front office has a lot to do with it. They've had players head hunting for decades 

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - bonesaw - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:20 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Hernandez is still there...

Pleeeeeaaaassseeee.  No way we get him but pleeeeeease

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - BonnieBengal - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:21 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'm happy that he can walk again, but not happy that nobody in the media is making Shazier into a cautionary tale. It's always "his horrific injury against the bengals"... Just how did he get that injury, guys? Care to shed some light on that? Hmm

Of course not. 

He could have just as easily destroyed Gio Bernard's life or the lives of other people that he speared.  Instead he destroyed his career. At least he's walking.

(04-27-2018, 12:22 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yeah, I wished nothing but the worst for him but just ON the football field. I hate that SOB but I don't hate him that much to be happy he got paralyzed. I'm glad he's making progress and hope he can walk normally again. 

Agreed

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - TKUHL - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:17 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: No, It is perfectly correct to say it. Ugh, it makes me ill that they always get sympathy whenever they are the dirtiest team in the NFL. Herbstreit slobbing on the Steelers. The only thing worse would be to have Collinsworth bobbing on their nuts.

He has to take Brady's junk out of his mouth first.

(04-27-2018, 12:22 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: What do you mean? The NFL made a rule change because of it.

They did?? Huh... I don't remembering anything about that at all

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Tomkat - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:15 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Maybe I'm a bad person but I keep thinking of Shazier lowering his head and injuring our players several times,  and I don't maybe feel as sorry for him as everyone else seems to.  

You mean, like this?

[Image: t8rcJis.gif]

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2018

I need to go to bed. But I got to see what Philly does to the Dallas fans after Drew Perason's rant in Philly last year.

I'd love for them to bring out a current player and say "We didn't have ant washed up Super Bowl winners, so we had to bring out a current one"

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:23 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He could have just as easily destroyed Gio Bernard's life or the lives of other people that he speared.  Instead he destroyed his career. At least he's walking.

I still remember him and a few of his scumbag teammates celebrating on the field as Gio was lying on the ground injured. 

Shazier gets injured and Gio walks over to the cart and checks on him because he's all class. 

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - masterpanthera_t - 04-27-2018

Looks like Zimmer is following the Bengals blueprint taking a first round corner with both Xavier Rhodes and Trae Waynes (sp?) already on the roster.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Schmitbuck - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:23 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He could have just as easily destroyed Gio Bernard's life or the lives of other people that he speared.  Instead he destroyed his career. At least he's walking.

Yeah, and any Pittsburgh fan that would talk crap on Gio being able to walk again after being paralyzed is also a POS.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - jfkbengals - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:21 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: My gut instinct is that Tomlin teaches his players to hurt people when they can get away with it.

They taught James Harrison to give blows to the head.  Harrison even used it as his defense when he got fined, that he was playing exactly the way he was coached.

They taught Mitchell to go for the head.  He never did it at Ohio or Oakland.

As has been stated already, that was not a technique Shazier used at Ohio State.

The evidence is very clear.

(04-27-2018, 12:22 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: What do you mean? The NFL made a rule change because of it.

Look back at all the rule changes made because of Pitt players, mostly at our expense of course. That franchise is partly responsible for the downfall of the NFL.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:18 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. And he never did that crap at Ohio state (at least not that I can recall). He gets to Pitt and becomes a cheap shotting punk. And celebrated knocking out Gio  Whatever And we're supposed to feel bad that it finally bit him in the ass? Sorry, can't do it. I'm not happy that he's hurt, but he gets no pity from me.

It is weird, it is like they sell their soul when they go to that pitt.

Or maybe right before. Ninja

Happened before him many times as well, that is their culture. Too bad they have won SB's doing it.

I think it is the righteous dude's turn myself.

(04-27-2018, 12:26 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: They taught James Harrison to give blows to the head.  Harrison even used it as his defense when he got fined, that he was playing exactly the way he was coached.

They taught Mitchell to go for the head.  He never did it at Ohio or Oakland.

As has been stated already, that was not a technique Shazier used at Ohio State.

The evidence is very clear.

Exactly!

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:25 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Shazier gets injured and Gio walks over to the cart and checks on him because he's all class. 

Says a hell of a lot more about Gio than many fans. 

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - BonnieBengal - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 12:26 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Yeah, and any Pittsburgh fan that would talk crap on Gio being able to walk again after being paralyzed is also a POS.

I think you're calling me a POS.  Whatever.  But Gio wasn't out there spearing people.