Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** (/Thread-OFFICIAL-2018-DRAFT-DISCUSSION-THREAD)

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Luvnit2 - 04-28-2018

(04-28-2018, 12:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Randy would have that ring if we would've kept Elliott and the Eagles signed Randy.

Elliott had next to nothing to do with that chip and he nearly cost the Eagles by missing an XP in the big game. 

may have happened which would have been a great outcome for Randy and a great outcome for us to as we would still have the better kicker long term and cheaper too.

But does Randy kick 60 yard field goals to win games for the Eagles helping them win games and win division? I say no way.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - HarleyDog - 04-28-2018

(04-28-2018, 12:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes in theory, if 2 guys are equal or close, but one guy kicks 60 yard field goals and 1 only 52 or 53, I go with the one who kicks further, the one I spent (trusted him) a valuable draft pick and the one who is much younger.

I think we should have never created a competition and would have cut Randy after week 2 so he could go land a job somewhere else. I think that was the bad decision because as you said, a kicker position is much different than a QB so drafting a kicker in round five is like drafting a QB in round one or 2 in my opinion as kickers normally are not drafted at all.

I see where you went with this and it makes sense.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - The Real Deal - 04-28-2018

(04-28-2018, 12:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All "fat" Randy has done is hit 88.5% of his FG's and 94.9% of his XP's as a Bengal.

Why are we looking to replace that?

My problem with him is he can’t be trusted from longer distances.

Since 2013 he’s 75% from 40-49 yards and from 50+ yards 50%.

I don’t like those numbers. Every year he gets older and every pound he gains will only make those numbers worse.

(04-28-2018, 12:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Randy would have that ring if we would've kept Elliott and the Eagles signed Randy.

Elliott had next to nothing to do with that chip and he nearly cost the Eagles by missing an XP in the big game. 

Are you saying that right now, today, you prefer having randy over Elliot?

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - coachmcneil71 - 04-28-2018

We'll, I for one am not going to complain thus far. I like all of the teams picks so far, and I usually don't.
Price is an upgrade. Bates is rangy, which Williams is not.. Hubbard has a chance to fit in on pass rushing situations giving the team another overachiever ala Lawson, and Willis. Jefferson could be an absolute beast and a steal late in the third.

Add some depth today, and I'm ecstatic! I love a good meat and potatoes type of draft.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Shake n Blake - 04-28-2018

(04-28-2018, 12:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The same reason you give a roster spot to a QB picked in round 1, but loses out to a starter and is not better right now than the 2nd string guy....potential

1. Nobody keeps 2 kickers... there is no 2nd string for a kicker.

2. We're not talking about a 1st round QB. We're talking a 5th round kicker.

So much hand-wringing over a kicker. Was he the reason Philly won a SB? Not even close. The truth is that Elliott was replacement level. He hit 83.9% of his FG's and 92.9% of his XP's in regular season. Pedestrian figures. Sure "BUT THE RANGE" - yeah the kid has range, but he balanced that with a propensity to miss the chip shots on occasion. 

All things considered, Elliott was an overall average kicker last year. A replaceable guy. So why the hand-wringing? My guess is that people can't get over the fact that Elliott was a precious draft pick. Then they attach the Eagles SB win to Ellott, as if the kid deserves that. He basically hit the lottery.

(04-28-2018, 01:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: We'll, I for one am not going to complain thus far. I like all of the teams picks so far, and I usually don't.
Price is an upgrade. Bates is rangy, which Williams is not.. Hubbard has a chance to fit in on pass rushing situations giving the team another overachiever ala Lawson, and Willis. Jefferson could be an absolute beast and a steal late in the third.

Add some depth today, and I'm ecstatic! I love a good meat and potatoes type of draft.

You know it’s been a decent draft when we are “arguing” over kickers.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Shake n Blake - 04-28-2018

(04-28-2018, 01:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Are you saying that right now, today, you prefer having randy over Elliot?

I'm saying that right now, today, it's a toss up, and it's kinda silly there's so much angst over a minute difference between the two.

Read my last post for my thoughts on Elliott's season.

Randy attempted 5 fewer 50+ yarders, but he hit at a higher % on both FG's and XP's. He was reliable on the "gimme's"...something you can't say about Elliott. He showed he has enough range on the 51 yarder that he absolutely drilled.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - BrownAssClown - 04-28-2018

"The league where you play for pay" What the hell was that?

(04-28-2018, 01:09 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: "The league where you play for pay" What the hell was that?

I was wondering the same thing

Can we put a reminder out DO NOT TIP PICKS. Thank you.

So far, our chances are getting better at getting Crosby.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - George Cantstandya - 04-28-2018

(04-28-2018, 01:09 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: "The league where you play for pay" What the hell was that?

I think it is like, "Honor" Landry plays for pay in the NFL.  :)

(04-28-2018, 01:11 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Can we put a reminder out DO NOT TIP PICKS. Thank you.
I think all the folks that were doing that were banned and/or suspended.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - coachmcneil71 - 04-28-2018

(04-28-2018, 01:04 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You know it’s been a decent draft when we are “arguing” over kickers.

Ha! That's funny stuff!  I'll take it over the back and forth that we all had after the first two rounds last year. That debate still drags on...lol. Hopefully, the top two picks from last season can help clear that issue up by having good season's this year.

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Luvnit2 - 04-28-2018

(04-28-2018, 01:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Nobody keeps 2 kickers... there is no 2nd string for a kicker.

2. We're not talking about a 1st round QB. We're talking a 5th round kicker.

So much hand-wringing over a kicker. Was he the reason Philly won a SB? Not even close. The truth is that Elliott was replacement level. He hit 83.9% of his FG's and 92.9% of his XP's in regular season. Pedestrian figures. Sure "BUT THE RANGE" - yeah the kid has range, but he balanced that with a propensity to miss the chip shots on occasion. 

All things considered, Elliott was an overall average kicker last year. A replaceable guy. So why the hand-wringing? My guess is that people can't get over the fact that Elliott was a precious draft pick. Then they attach the Eagles SB win to Ellott, as if the kid deserves that. He basically hit the lottery.

You had me tracking until you said this nonsense bolded above

Average kickers don't set distance records and game winning field goals

My point on the draft is simple, a 1st or second round pick for any roster spot does not have to compete for a roster spot, they get it albeit may not start. I think if you draft  kicker he gets the job period as kickers rarely get drafted.

Nice they got guys that can actually read the card. :)

RE: ***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD*** - Yojimbo - 04-28-2018

Regardless of Bulkock’s status or ability. We have lots of picks and competition is always good for a player. I’d be happy with any of the 3 from Auburn, Florida or Miami.

Wtf is a keke coutie?

There's the Bengals new kicker!