Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Last billy price injury update - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Last billy price injury update (/Thread-Last-billy-price-injury-update)

Last billy price injury update - Jpoore - 04-24-2018

Said on Sirius XM today that full range of motion has returned and he's benching a 10 pound dumbell. Confirmed he hasn't lost any muscle mass(which I posted in my earlier update) and will be ready in about 5 weeks.

RE: Last billy price injury update - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-24-2018

(04-24-2018, 09:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Said on Sirius XM today that full range of motion has returned and he's benching a 10 pound dumbell. Confirmed he hasn't lost any muscle mass(which I posted in my earlier update) and will be ready in about 5 weeks.

Cool man, keep'em up, hoping to get Price in the 2nd as our RG after we grab Ragnow in the first. :andy:

RE: Last billy price injury update - Big Boss - 04-27-2018

Just a quick question, how does one prevent loss of muscle mass when suffering an injury such as this? With a tear, I assume he was restricted from any heavy-lifted in the chest. What prevents muscle atrophy?

RE: Last billy price injury update - ochocincos - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 01:24 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Just a quick question, how does one prevent loss of muscle mass when suffering an injury such as this?  With a tear, I assume he was restricted from any heavy-lifted in the chest.  What prevents muscle atrophy?

Never had any muscle mass to begin with?  Ninja

RE: Last billy price injury update - psychdoctor - 04-27-2018

They use muscle stimulator

RE: Last billy price injury update - XenoMorph - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 01:24 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Just a quick question, how does one prevent loss of muscle mass when suffering an injury such as this?  With a tear, I assume he was restricted from any heavy-lifted in the chest.  What prevents muscle atrophy?

he will lose a little I'm sure... But you don't lose a ton in just a few months. for a guy that's been building it for years.

RE: Last billy price injury update - SunsetBengal - 04-27-2018

(04-27-2018, 01:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he will lose a little I'm sure... But you don't lose a ton in just a few months. for a guy that's been building it for years.

This^  Range of motion is the most important, then easing back into powerful contraction.  I'd be willing to guess that his physical therapist is having him do plenty of work in the pool.  That alone will keep him toned while not shocking the affected part in a ballistic fashion.

RE: Last billy price injury update - Sled21 - 04-28-2018

(04-24-2018, 09:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Said on Sirius XM today that full range of motion has returned and he's benching a 10 pound dumbell. Confirmed he hasn't lost any muscle mass(which I posted in my earlier update) and will be ready in about 5 weeks.

New line.... "I bench about the same as the Bengals starting Center"