Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mayfield #1? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Mayfield #1? (/Thread-Mayfield-1)

Pages: 1 2

Mayfield #1? - mallorian69 - 04-26-2018

Adam Shefter has been reporting that the Clowns are thinking about taking Mayfield with the first pick. I can only hope they do. Not only is Mayfield Johnny Fartball 2.0 but he is one of, if not the most hated college players in the state of Ohio. 

RE: Mayfield #1? - Au165 - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 11:34 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Adam Shefter has been reporting that the Clowns are thinking about taking Mayfield with the first pick. I can only hope they do. Not only is Mayfield Johnny Fartball 2.0 but he is one of, if not the most hated college players in the state of Ohio. 

He isn't Manziel. The tape says they are two totally different guys, Mayfield one of the most accurate QBs to come out in a decade. There are some advanced stats out there about his ball placement that put him far and away above the rest of the class.

RE: Mayfield #1? - mallorian69 - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 11:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: He isn't Manziel. The tape says they are two totally different guys, Mayfield one of the most accurate QBs to come out in a decade. There are some advanced stats out there about his ball placement that put him far and away above the rest of the class.

Not really talking about his arm more how he plays in general and his immaturity both on and off the field.

RE: Mayfield #1? - leonardfan40 - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 11:34 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Adam Shefter has been reporting that the Clowns are thinking about taking Mayfield with the first pick. I can only hope they do. Not only is Mayfield Johnny Fartball 2.0 but he is one of, if not the most hated college players in the state of Ohio. 

PLEASE be true!!! It almost wouldn’t even matter who we pick at 21 if the Browns mess it up AGAIN I’ll go to bed happy.

RE: Mayfield #1? - guyofthetiger - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 11:44 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Not really talking about his arm more how he plays in general and his immaturity both on and off the field.

I agree 100 percent. Mayfield will be a flop like Manziel.

(04-26-2018, 11:44 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Not really talking about his arm more how he plays in general and his immaturity both on and off the field.

Again, how he plays isn't like Manziel really. Small and they scramble a bit but Mayfield is a more accurate passer who doesn't rely on the deep ball to make plays. Maturity is all relative, I'll trust the reports from teams who spoke with both guys who said he is nothing like Manziel.

RE: Mayfield #1? - bengalsturntup926 - 04-26-2018

Please not be true,I guarantee they will beat our ass if they get him. I hope they draft darnold which is another Carson palmer.

RE: Mayfield #1? - Mike M (the other one) - 04-26-2018

Nooooooo I don't want BM to fail in the NFL.
He's one of the best to come out in a while and would really boost the credibility of my Sooners program.

I know Hue really likes him too, so I've been hoping it's all a smoke screen.

He's not Manziel, wish people would learn that instead of just listening to idiots trying to knock him down.
He's passionate about Football, wants to win. Nothing wrong with that. Phillip Rivers is a same, but no one calls him immature, it's called competitiveness.

RE: Mayfield #1? - J24 - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 11:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: He isn't Manziel. The tape says they are two totally different guys, Mayfield one of the most accurate QBs to come out in a decade. There are some advanced stats out there about his ball placement that put him far and away above the rest of the class.

Johny Completed 68% and 69% in his two years in college, was a better runner, Both played the same system, Johny did it in the SEC,  and Johny the better Athlete between the two.  It's a fair comparison between the two. For the record I think both will be great In the NFL so the comparison to me isn't that bad. 

(04-26-2018, 01:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Johny Completed 68% and 69% in his two years in college, was a better runner, Both played the same system, Johny did it in the SEC,  and Johny the better Athlete between the two.  It's a fair comparison between the two. For the record I think both will be great In the NFL so the comparison to me isn't that bad. 

The percentage is misleading, watch the tape and watch how much of Manziel was running around until a cb lost track of Mike Evans and he just chucked it up. Mayfield puts the ball in a catch and run position allowing his WRs to continue upfield. Mayfield is a far more accurate QB than Manziel. Completion percentages don’t make you accurate they mean someone caught it. As is said one advanced stat put him as the most accurate QB to come out in last five drafts, one GM in MMQB was quoted saying he is the most accurate QB in last decade.

RE: Mayfield #1? - JungleRock85 - 04-26-2018

I still can't understand while they wouldn't have Josh Rosen number 1 assuming the medicals are okay and then Sam Darnold number 2. If they pick Josh Allen then that guy is definitely going to be a bust and I think Baker could be decent but he is not going to be better than Rosen can be and has more bust potential than Darnold.

(04-26-2018, 02:40 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I still can't understand while they wouldn't have Josh Rosen number 1 assuming the medicals are okay and then Sam Darnold number 2. If they pick Josh Allen then that guy is definitely going to be a bust and I think Baker could be decent but he is not going to be better than Rosen can be and has more bust potential than Darnold.

I like Rosen a lot, I am curious how bad of a personality he has. He gives off a very Aaron Rodgers like arrogance. I think he could end up being really good, but one thing for sure is the two concussions last year are hurting his stock.

RE: Mayfield #1? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-26-2018

I feel the opposite, i hope they don't take Mayfield. While he is hated he has great passion for the game and is not
near as selfish as Manziel. He can throw his receivers open and has GREAT pocket awareness. He might just be the
one QB that could lead the Stains out of the dark ages.

I hope they take Darnold or Allen. While i think Allen has amazing potential he is inaccurate. Favre like in college.

RE: Mayfield #1? - XenoMorph - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I feel the opposite, i hope they don't take Mayfield. While he is hated he has great passion for the game and is not
near as selfish as Manziel. He can throw his receivers open and has GREAT pocket awareness. He might just be the
one QB that could lead the Stains out of the dark ages.

I hope the take Darnold or Allen. While i think Allen has amazing potential he is inaccurate. Favre like in college.

right I wanna see Mayfield go somewhere not in the AFCN

RE: Mayfield #1? - JungleRock85 - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 02:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: I like Rosen a lot, I am curious how bad of a personality he has. He gives off a very Aaron Rodgers like arrogance. I think he could end up being really good, but one thing for sure is the two concussions last year are hurting his stock.

The concussions are talked about a lot but he was also a star Tennis player when he was younger and had some shoulder issues. I don't hear much about them but that obviously would be something teams would have to check out along with the concussions. With that said, I agree that he gives off Aaron Rodgers vibes and I don't care how big of a douche a guy was off the field if he was able to do his job on the field and would lead to winning games.

RE: Mayfield #1? - Jpoore - 04-26-2018

Mayfield is the 3rd best qb after Rudolph and Rosen... But if Mayfield goes to browns they're a tough team to beat.

RE: Mayfield #1? - mikey6866 - 04-26-2018

Only the browns would take Mayfield at #1. Hes gonna be a huge bust. Darnold and Rosen are by far the best 2 Qb's in this draft. Name a big 12 qb that has been good in the pros. Having a clean pocket and wide open wr's all day isnt going to happen in Cleveland. Hes in for a huge wakeup call.

RE: Mayfield #1? - BrownAssClown - 04-26-2018

If the Browns had any brains, they would take Barkley at 1 and one of the many QB's at 4.

RE: Mayfield #1? - bonesaw - 04-26-2018

I don't get how they grade these guys. To me the top two would be Rosen and Rudolph

RE: Mayfield #1? - J24 - 04-26-2018

(04-26-2018, 01:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: The percentage is misleading, watch the tape and watch how much of Manziel was running around until a cb lost track of Mike Evans and he just chucked it up. Mayfield puts the ball in a catch and run position allowing his WRs to continue upfield. Mayfield is a far more accurate QB than Manziel.  Completion percentages don’t make you accurate they mean someone caught it. As is said one advanced stat put him as the most accurate QB to come out in last five drafts, one GM in MMQB was quoted saying he is the most accurate QB in last decade.

What? That seems like a cop out because you don't like the fact that the stats say both Qbs are similar. The  completion % does mean accurate that is the whole point of the stat.