Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds Prospects - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds Prospects (/Thread-Reds-Prospects)

Pages: 1 2

Reds Prospects - Goalpost - 04-30-2018

If you are interested in following Reds prospects, here it is. They seem to update daily. Just click on the player

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=cin

Hunter Greene is currently getting crushed, but is K-ing people at a rate of 19 per.

RE: Reds Prospects - guyofthetiger - 04-30-2018

About the only 2 that I hear about are Senzel and Greene. Hope they develop into good players. We need them.

RE: Reds Prospects - CJD - 04-30-2018

Players that need to be promoted soon:
Tony Santillan
With a 0.64 ERA, 3-0 record in 5 starts and a 29 to 8 K/BB (along with allowing a measly .202 batting average to opponents), it's clear that Santillan needs to join the AA team. There's nothing left to learn in Single A ball.

Shed Long
With a slash line of .365/.434/.486/.920 in 20 games, Long really should be with the big boys in AAA by now.

Tyler Stephenson
Similarly, Stephenson has been knocking the cover off the ball with a line of .351/.440/.519/.959 in A+. Let him go to AA ball and see if this is an aberration.

Players that may benefit from a promotion soon:
Kuery Mella
Like Santillan, he is sporting a miniscule 1.00 ERA, a 3-0 record and a 25 to 5 K/BB. He is allowing a .196 BA against him in AA. The problem is the jump from AA to AAA is often much more tumultuous than the jump from A to AA, which means he may want to stay in AA for a bit longer just to solidify his control issues, which he has suffered from in the past.

Nick Senzel
Because we just want to see him in the majors! Big Grin

RE: Reds Prospects - Yojimbo - 04-30-2018

I’m looking forward to Trammel replacing Hamilton. I used to love Billy and I still do, but I think he’s hit his ceiling and it isn’t good enough to start.

RE: Reds Prospects - McC - 05-01-2018

(04-30-2018, 04:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m looking forward to Trammel replacing Hamilton. I used to love Billy and I still do, but I think he’s hit his ceiling and it isn’t good enough to start.

It's too bad he can't hit cuz he's such a terror on the base paths and plays such a brilliant CF.  If he could just hit .250 and walk a little more.  But lots of hitting coaches have had their turn and it just looks like it ain't meant to be.  

RE: Reds Prospects - Yojimbo - 05-01-2018

(05-01-2018, 12:56 AM)McC Wrote: It's too bad he can't hit cuz he's such a terror on the base paths and plays such a brilliant CF.  If he could just hit .250 and walk a little more.  But lots of hitting coaches have had their turn and it just looks like it ain't meant to be.  

I’d like to seen him give up the switch hitting too.

RE: Reds Prospects - Hoofhearted - 05-02-2018

(04-30-2018, 04:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m looking forward to Trammel replacing Hamilton. I used to love Billy and I still do, but I think he’s hit his ceiling and it isn’t good enough to start.

Me and my son watched him a few times while he was playing in Dayton. Dude is solid. I think he's going to be a Super Star.

RE: Reds Prospects - Hoofhearted - 05-02-2018

(05-01-2018, 12:56 AM)McC Wrote: It's too bad he can't hit cuz he's such a terror on the base paths and plays such a brilliant CF.  If he could just hit .250 and walk a little more.  But lots of hitting coaches have had their turn and it just looks like it ain't meant to be.  

He would be an absolute Star. 

RE: Reds Prospects - Goalpost - 07-03-2018

Hunter Greene has really improved. He's been named to the Futures Game. He is striking out over 11 per and walking less than 3 per. Still only 18, and on average, facing players that are nearly 4 years older than him.

RE: Reds Prospects - Yojimbo - 07-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 09:32 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Hunter Greene has really improved. He's been named to the Futures Game. He is striking out over 11 per and walking less than 3 per. Still only 18, and on average, facing players that are nearly 4 years older than him.

Greene needs to move to AA before the season ends.

No. 18 overall prospect Hunter Greene (Reds' No. 2) set a pair of career highs by racking up 10 strikeouts over seven scoreless innings in Class A Dayton's 2-1 win over Lake County. He allowed two hits, both singles, and did not issue a walk. The 18-year-old right-hander has allowed two or fewer earned runs in eight straights starts, with a 1.87 ERA over 43 1/3 innings in that span. Overall, Greene owns a 4.18 ERA with 77 strikeouts and 19 walks over 60 1/3 innings (15 starts) in his first full season.

RE: Reds Prospects - bengalfan74 - 07-03-2018

And learn how to bunt

RE: Reds Prospects - Go Cards - 07-03-2018

Hunter Greene is doing fine considering his age and certainly has plenty of life on that fastball.

Really wanted them to draft Liberatore the top lefty coming out of HS and believe they tried to negotiate with him unsuccessfully.

Some will say Weathers was best lefty coming out of HS though.

Yet they selected Jonathan India. Any opinions on him ?

Always believe in drafting pitchers early and often because so many variables come into play that can put a damper on them even reaching the major league causing it to be harder to predict.

RE: Reds Prospects - CJD - 07-05-2018

Drafting India was similar in theory to drafting Senzel. Get a guy with a big college pedigree that will be ready for the majors within 2 to 3 years.

He has potential to be a 5 tool player and, at worst, an above average major leaguer based on the scouting reports I've seen about him.

RE: Reds Prospects - psychdoctor - 07-05-2018

Red's just made a trade on July 4th in letting go Neal and Floro for a good young arm (Marinan) and another pitcher that has good velocity.

RE: Reds Prospects - CJD - 07-06-2018

I'm sad to see Floro go because he was having an excellent summer with us, but he was one of those classic buy low sell high type of players that the Reds have capitalized on recently (such as Dan Straily).

Marinan is considered a very raw but very talented prospect. He was considered a 2nd round prospect in 2017 but fell because he was heavily considering going to college (so would require a large bonus to lure to the minors). "The Dodgers popped him in the fourth-round and gave him late second-round money ($822,500) to divert him from a commitment to Miami"

"Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 50 | Slider: 50 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45
A two-way player at Park Vista Community High in Boynton Beach, Fla. -- Trea Turner's alma mater -- Marinan created debate as to whether he had a brighter future as a sweet-swinging first baseman or a projectable right-handed pitcher. When his velocity spiked during his senior season last spring, it became clear that his future was on the mound. The Dodgers popped him in the fourth-round and gave him late second-round money ($822,500) to divert him from a commitment to Miami, then traded him to the Reds in July 2018.

Marinan's fastball jumped from the upper 80s on the showcase circuit during the summer before his senior year to 92-96 mph with sink last spring. He also has added more power to his breaking pitches, an upper-70s curveball that features good depth when he stays on top of it and a sweeping slider. He rarely used a changeup as an amateur but shows encouraging feel for the pitch.

With a strong 6-foot-5 frame and a clean delivery, Marinan is equipped to remain a starter. Though he battled his control during his brief pro debut, he has the athleticism to do a better job of repeating his mechanics and throwing strikes. Los Angeles will develop him patiently and he may not make his full-season debut until 2019."

Being graded with a well above average fastball (60) and league average Curve, Slider, Changeup AND control at 19 years old is pretty great.

A Bullpen is easier to build than a starting rotation after all.

RE: Reds Prospects - grampahol - 07-06-2018

They just brought back up Dilson Herrera . He was supposed to be the replacement for Phillips once upon a time  Shoulder surgery kind of sidetracked him awhile .. This season, he batted .297/.367/.465 with seven homers and 27 RBIs over 50 games with Louisville.. 
I really wonder if this is to dangle him for trade packaging..  

RE: Reds Prospects - Yojimbo - 07-06-2018

(07-06-2018, 01:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: They just brought back up Dilson Herrera . He was supposed to be the replacement for Phillips once upon a time  Shoulder surgery kind of sidetracked him awhile .. This season, he batted .297/.367/.465 with seven homers and 27 RBIs over 50 games with Louisville.. 
I really wonder if this is to dangle him for trade packaging..  

More than likely, it’s to prepare for Gennett trade.

RE: Reds Prospects - Goalpost - 07-08-2018

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t416&player_id=596112#/career/R/pitching/2018/ALL

Robert Stephenson has created some attention lately.

RE: Reds Prospects - Yojimbo - 07-08-2018

(07-08-2018, 11:59 AM)Goalpost Wrote: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t416&player_id=596112#/career/R/pitching/2018/ALL

Robert Stephenson has created some attention lately.

I’d forgotten all about him.

RE: Reds Prospects - Yojimbo - 07-16-2018

Trammel and Greene lighting up the futures game. Trammel MVP and Green throws 19 pitches at 100+.