Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bad Boys II - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Bad Boys II (/Thread-Bad-Boys-II)

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 06-05-2018

(06-04-2018, 10:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wait, so you assertion is that an LEO asked about why they established contact with a person will say, "Because they were black"?  That's what you're saying.

No.  I am saying they will not be able to provide "solid factors" to explain the stop.

I know that they will not admit racial profiling, and they will try to come up with some lie to cover their asses, but they will not be able to provide legitimate "solid factors".

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 06-05-2018

(06-04-2018, 10:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, as that's not what I've done.  I've clearly won this point, though, seeing as you've actually agreed with the majority of my points.  You can stop now, btw.

The only point I have agreed with is that police use racial profiling.

All you have said is that even though all these studies show racial bias that there is always some other reason that the studies do not take into account.  Yet you have no way of knowing this at all.  It is just your opinion based on your belief that police do not commit racial profiling.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 08-08-2018

What do you do if you're this "Bad Boy"?

RE: Bad Boys II - michaelsean - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 08:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do you do if you're this "Bad Boy"?

I think we are going to need a little more info.

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 08-08-2018

I'd expect him to do what he did.  Remain calm and not escalate to the situation when the citizen was obviously looking to insult him.

Good job by the officer.  Must be one who doesn't have the ego that needs to show how tough he is.   ThumbsUp

That's a great example of letting the citizen make an ass of themselves and walking away.  Fantastic!

(08-08-2018, 08:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think we are going to need a little more info.

Oh, of course not!  That's only important when the officer is accused of doing something wrong.  In the reverse we must just accept the less than w minutes of video as the whole truth.   Smirk

All seriousness aside the dude was an ass and he's lucky he got a good cop and not one who wanted to press not wearing a seatbelt into anything else.

RE: Bad Boys II - michaelsean - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 09:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd expect him to do what he did.  Remain calm and not escalate to the situation when the citizen was obviously looking to insult him.

Good job by the officer.  Must be one who doesn't have the ego that needs to show how tough he is.   ThumbsUp

That's a great example of letting the citizen make an ass of themselves and walking away.  Fantastic!

Oh, of course not!  That's only important when the officer is accused of doing something wrong.  In the reverse we must just accept the less than w minutes of video as the whole truth.   Smirk

All seriousness aside the dude was an ass and he's lucky he got a good cop and not one who wanted to press not wearing a seatbelt into anything else.

Actually when I wrote that, there was no video. Just bfine’s sentence. Probably should have anticipated he would fix it and my post would look stupid. Weird how it then appeared in my quote.

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 08-09-2018

I don't understand the question?

What are his options other than exactly what he did?

What makes you think he has other options?

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 08-09-2018

(08-09-2018, 06:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand the question?

What are his options other than exactly what he did?

What makes you think he has other options?

Hell, you're the lawyer. Can't verbal disrespect of an officer be grounds for contempt?

(08-09-2018, 06:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, you're the lawyer. Can't verbal disrespect of an officer be grounds for contempt?

Hell, you're the one who crows about being the champion of the first amendment.  At least when you are defending white supremacists who want to march and block traffic without a permit.

But I guess when a black guy does it you are hoping there is some law that would get him arrested. 

(08-09-2018, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hell, you're the one who crows about being the champion of the first amendment.  At least when you are defending white supremacists who want to march and block traffic without a permit.

But I guess when a black guy does it you are hoping there is some law that would get him arrested. 

What a surprise!! You didn't answer the question. 

I have not nor I would not defend anyone that blocked traffic without a permit. That's just something you made up to try and make a feeble point and to avoid answering a question posed. 

If you don't know the answer, which was apparent, from your "what else could he do?" "answer", just say I don't know. 

If you do know that verbally disrespecting an officer of the law can be grounds for contempt, then say he could have charged him with contempt.

If you know that verbally disrespecting an officer of the law cannot be grounds for contempt, then say he could not be charged with anything else.

If the answer goes counter to what you have been bellowing about up to this point then, don't answer the question, try to paint someone as a racist and tie it to Jim Crowe

(08-09-2018, 07:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What a surprise!! You didn't answer the question.

I did answer it.  Everyone else except you understands my answer.

(08-09-2018, 07:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have not nor I would not defend anyone that blocked traffic without a permit. That's just something you made up to try and make a feeble point and to avoid answering a question posed. 

Actually you just did in the thread about the clash between Antifa and the Proud Prayer group.  You were practically panting when you defended the first amendment rights of the white supremacist marching in Portland through the streets blocking traffic without a permit.

(08-09-2018, 07:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What a surprise!! You didn't answer the question. 

I have not nor I would not defend anyone that blocked traffic without a permit. That's just something you made up to try and make a feeble point and to avoid answering a question posed. 

If you don't know the answer, which was apparent, from your "what else could he do?" "answer", just say I don't know. 

If you do know that verbally disrespecting an officer of the law can be grounds for contempt, then say he could have charged him with contempt.

If you know that verbally disrespecting an officer of the law cannot be grounds for contempt, then say he could not be charged with anything else.

If the answer goes counter to what you have been bellowing about up to this point then, don't answer the question, try to paint someone as a racist and tie it to Jim Crowe

(08-09-2018, 08:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did answer it.  Everyone else except you understands my answer.

(08-09-2018, 08:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually you just did in the thread about the clash between Antifa and the Proud Prayer group.  You were practically panting when you defended the first amendment rights of the white supremacist marching in Portland through the streets blocking traffic without a permit.

Just like clockwork

(08-09-2018, 08:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just like clockwork

Not sure what your point is.

Why should I not point out the hypocrisy of you strongly defending the first amendment rights of white supremacists marching without a permit while at the same time asking if a police officer should arrest a black man for cursing at him?

(08-09-2018, 08:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what your point is.

Why should I not point out the hypocrisy of you strongly defending the first amendment rights of white supremacists marching without a permit while at the same time asking if a police officer should arrest a black man for cursing at him?

The point is: the simplest minds are the easiest to read and yours was entirely too easy. Just like predicting what time is will be in 5 minutes.

News to me that the Patriot Prayer did not have a permit.

Didn't ask if the the police officer should, I asked if he could. I asked you this because you were perplexed as to weather or not the LEO had another option. Which surprisingly enough, you still haven't answered.

We'll leave it to others to decide if it is hypocritical to view one's first amendment right a little differently when dealing with a LEO in the execution of his/her duties than it is during peaceful (and as far as I've read lawful) assembly. 

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 08-10-2018

(08-09-2018, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The point is: the simplest minds are the easiest to read and yours was entirely too easy. Just like predicting what time is will be in 5 minutes.

Still don't see your point.

What is wrong with me being right all the time?  I see you have not contested the truth of my claim.  Basically all you have said is "Fred is always right so I knew exactly what he was going to say."

And I answered your question.  Everyone else gets it but you.  So here are your options.  Prove me wrong or ignore the facts and keep making whiny personal attacks against me.

I asked you what options the officer had other than exactly what he did and you have refused to answer that question.  Everyone else understands that my question to you was a statement that the offficer has no other options that I know of.

RE: Bad Boys II - PhilHos - 08-10-2018

Just another example of black privilege.  Mellow

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 08-13-2018

(08-10-2018, 05:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Just another example of black privilege.  Mellow

What is the "privilege" of getting a citation for not wearing a seatbelt?  Especially if you are innocent?

How many times have you paid a citation for no seat belt, Phil?

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 08-13-2018

(08-09-2018, 06:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What makes you think he has other options?

It appears this Cop went with option B:

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 08-15-2018

Mellow

https://www.wtae.com/article/family-police-use-taser-to-stun-87-year-old-woman-cutting-dandelions/22733511?utm_campaign=WTAE&utm_content=5b748b0204d30176be2e2e3e&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=trueAnthem:+New+Content

Quote:Family: Police use Taser to stun 87-year-old woman cutting dandelions

[Image: ap-18226649518336.jpg?crop=1xw:0.7855074...size=900:*]This Friday, Aug. 10, 2018 photo released by the Murray County Jail, Ga. shows Martha Al-Bishara, 87, under arrest. Al-Bishara was charged with criminal trespass and obstructing an officer Friday when police held her at gunpoint before bringing her to the ground with a jolt from the electrified prongs of a stun gun. Officers used the taser on Al-Bishara when she didn't obey commands to drop a knife in her hand. Relatives said Al-Bishara does't speak English and was merely cutting out dandelions with a kitchen knife near her home in Chatsworth. (Murray County Jail via AP) 
SOURCE: (Murray County Jail via AP)

CHATSWORTH, Ga. —
A Georgia police chief said an officer was justified in using a Taser to stun an 87-year-old woman after she didn’t obey commands to drop a knife in her hand.

Martha Al-Bishara was charged with criminal trespass and obstructing an officer Friday, when police held her at gunpoint before bringing her to the ground with a jolt from the electrified prongs of a stun gun.

Relatives said Al-Bishara doesn’t speak English and was merely out cutting dandelions with a kitchen knife near her home in Chatsworth, about 85 miles north of Atlanta.

“An 87-year-old woman with a knife still has the ability to hurt an officer,” Chatsworth Police Chief Josh Etheridge told the Daily Citizen-News of Dalton.

“There was no anger, there was no malice in this,” Etheridge said. “In my opinion, it was the lowest use of force we could have used to simply stop that threat at the time.”

Etheridge responded along with two other officers Friday after an employee of a local Boys and Girls Club called 911 to report a woman with a knife was walking outside and would not leave.

“She’s old so she can’t get around too well, but,” the employee said on the 911 recording. “Looks like she’s walking around looking for something, like, vegetation to cut down or something. There’s a bag, too.”

When Al-Bishara didn’t follow commands to drop her knife, Etheridge said, he tried to communicate with her by taking his own pocket knife and throwing it on the ground.

But Al-Bishara’s relatives said the officers should have shown more patience.

“If three police officers couldn’t handle an 87-year-old woman, you might want to reconsider hanging up your badge,” said Solomon Douhne, the woman’s great-nephew.

Family members said Al-Bishara spent about two hours at the Murray County jail before being released Friday and that she still has trouble sleeping and is nervous about going outside.

“She is OK,” said Martha Douhne, a great-granddaughter. “She is still repeating the incident over in her mind and telling us she didn’t mean for this to happen and apologizing that she didn’t want to bring this on us. She is having trouble sleeping and is stressed.”

Etheridge said the police department is conducting an internal use-of-force review.
Whatever