Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bad Boys II - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Bad Boys II (/Thread-Bad-Boys-II)

RE: Bad Boys II - Dill - 05-15-2019

(05-15-2019, 10:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: No she was shot while pointing the taser she was able to wrestle away at him. 

Pointing while she was sitting?

RE: Bad Boys II - Au165 - 05-15-2019

(05-15-2019, 10:19 AM)Dill Wrote: Pointing while she was sitting?

You mean point while on the ground after removing the weapon from the officer in a struggle? Yes.  There are plenty of unwarranted shootings, this is not one.

(05-15-2019, 10:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: You mean point while on the ground after removing the weapon from the officer in a struggle? Yes.  There are plenty of unwarranted shootings, this is not one.

After removing a deadly weapon?

(05-15-2019, 10:26 AM)Dill Wrote: After removing a  deadly weapon?

After removing a weapon that could incapacitate the officer putting his life in jeopardy, yes. Everything about this meets the guidelines for use of deadly force, as it should.

(05-15-2019, 10:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: After removing a weapon that could incapacitate the officer putting his life in jeopardy, yes. Everything about this meets the guidelines for use of deadly force, as it should.

The "objective reasonableness" test?

(05-15-2019, 10:38 AM)Dill Wrote: The "objective reasonableness" test?

I don't think you actually know what your doing here with this one as you are making my point for me. If you did you'd know that her resisting through physical struggle along with her gaining access to a weapon has been routinely affirmed by courts as acceptable factors to use deadly force even in a post Graham vs Connor era.

It's funny that Graham vs Connor actually is meant to stop the second guessing which you are doing here. The objective reasonableness test is meant to frame it based on an average officer in that situation, not someone online saying what they should have done instead.

“Under Graham, we must avoid substituting our personal notions of proper police procedure for the instantaneous decision of the officer at the scene. We must never allow the theoretical, sanitized world of our imagination to replace the dangerous and complex world that policemen face every day. What constitutes ‘reasonable’ action may seem quite different to someone facing a possible assailant than to someone analyzing the question at leisure.”
Smith v. Freland, 954 F2d 343, 347 (6th Cir. 1992)

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 05-15-2019

(05-15-2019, 09:51 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Thank god black people have such a great ally like GMDino  Ninja

The victim was black?  What color was the unnamed officer?

Didn't say that in the OP.

You reached rare air with that response...I'd expect better from you.

Back to the story:  So he discharged the taser...then she grabbed it...he didn't get tased...but he fired multiple times and killed her while she was sitting on the ground?

He'll be back on the streets in no time.

(05-15-2019, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think you actually know what your doing here with this one as you are making my point for me. If you did you'd know that her resisting through physical struggle along with her gaining access to a weapon has been routinely affirmed by courts as acceptable factors to use deadly force even in a post Graham vs Connor era.

It's funny that Graham vs Connor actually is meant to stop the second guessing which you are doing here. The objective reasonableness test is meant to frame it based on an average officer in that situation, not someone online saying what they should have done instead.

“Under Graham, we must avoid substituting our personal notions of proper police procedure for the instantaneous decision of the officer at the scene. We must never allow the theoretical, sanitized world of our imagination to replace the dangerous and complex world that policemen face every day. What constitutes ‘reasonable’ action may seem quite different to someone facing a possible assailant than to someone analyzing the question at leisure.”

Never want to "second guess" an officer who feels threatened.

https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/articles/michigan-cop-fired-after-video-shows-him-striking-13-year-old-boy

Quote:A police officer in southern Michigan has been fired after body camera video showed him striking a handcuffed 13-year-old boy in the back of a patrol car.

Albion police say the officer, whose name hasn't been released, violated departmental policies and was fired in February.

The teen's grandparents called police on Nov. 24 of this year, saying the boy had threatened them with a pen.

In body cam footage obtained by MLive and other media outlets, an officer is heard telling the teen:"I've got several other people telling me you went after her," while the boy continues to insist he did nothing wrong. 

**Note: Video may be disturbing to some viewers. 

The cuffed teen says "officer, please help," as he tries to ger out of the patrol car.  An officer orders him again and again to stay in the vehicle while the teen screams and struggles to get out, saying at one point: "I need to eat dinner." Eventually the officer hits the teen. 

Pepper spray also was used, according to a police report, which states that the teen has the mental maturity of a 7-year-old.

WXMI-TV
 reports that a rally protesting alleged police brutality in the case was held Thursday in an Albion, about 95 miles west of Detroit.

The officer involved had been to the home before, and officials say he knew about the boy's condition.

The teen's mother told the TV station she feels devastated and angry about what occurred. “Almost betrayed, they had a rapport," she said. "He knew his condition.”

No criminal charges have been filed. 

Now this kind of thing is what happens when people call the police to handle something they are NOT trained to handle.  (A mentally slow boy with a physical disability who is "acting out".)

But he "resisted" so what's a guy to do but repeatedly punch him while he's handcuffed?

Sidenote:  While the officer got fired...they still haven't released him name.  Seems legit.

(05-15-2019, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Never want to "second guess" an officer who feels threatened.

https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/articles/michigan-cop-fired-after-video-shows-him-striking-13-year-old-boy

Now this kind of thing is what happens when people call the police to handle something they are NOT trained to handle.  (A mentally slow boy with a physical disability who is "acting out".)

But he "resisted" so what's a guy to do but repeatedly punch him while he's handcuffed?

Sidenote:  While the officer got fired...they still haven't released him name.  Seems legit.

Is that what an reasonable officer would do in that moment? I would guess no since he was fired. Which would mean it did not pass the test created by Graham vs Connor, which is kind of my point.

(05-15-2019, 11:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: Is that what an reasonable officer would do in that moment? I would guess no since he was fired. Which would mean it did not pass the test created by Graham vs Connor, which is kind of my point.

My point is we second guess all the time.  And many times (most) the officer is not fired, or reprimanded.  

In fact let's see if this unnamed officer isn't simply hired somewhere else (or gets his old job back) in awhile.

(05-15-2019, 11:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: My point is we second guess all the time.  And many times (most) the officer is not fired, or reprimanded.  

In fact let's see if this unnamed officer isn't simply hired somewhere else (or gets his old job back) in awhile.

Right, and my point it the courts have said it isn't your judgment (or any other non police officer's) we are supposed to use as the litmus test but rather that of an ordinary police officer. In this case you are trying to pivot the discussion to, they obviously felt like he didn't meet that standard. Beyond that I really have no comment about how they are reprimanded or future employment, I am talking about what constitutes deadly force (in terms of the original video this started with) and I have given the legal litmus test for determining this based on precedent.

(05-15-2019, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think you actually know what your doing here with this one as you are making my point for me. If you did you'd know that her resisting through physical struggle along with her gaining access to a weapon has been routinely affirmed by courts as acceptable factors to use deadly force even in a post Graham vs Connor era.

It's funny that Graham vs Connor actually is meant to stop the second guessing which you are doing here.
The objective reasonableness test is meant to frame it based on an average officer in that situation, not someone online saying what they should have done instead.

LOL Analyzing this question from my sanitized position of online leisure, 

looks like an "average officer" let a girl take away his taser.

Then killed her.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 05-15-2019

(05-15-2019, 10:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: After removing a weapon that could incapacitate the officer putting his life in jeopardy, yes. Everything about this meets the guidelines for use of deadly force, as it should.

IMO anyone who has issue with this shooting would have issue with any shooting. He first asked she refused, she then became combative, he tried to subdue her with non-lethal methods, she then removed his weapon and fired at him, at that point he had been forced into using deadly force. 

(05-15-2019, 02:04 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL Analyzing this question from my online leisure,  looks like an "average officer" let a girl take away his taser.

Then killed her.

Sexist comments are sexist. 

(05-15-2019, 02:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sexist comments are sexist. 

Mellow

(05-15-2019, 12:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And posts not about the subject is trolling. 

Cool

(05-15-2019, 02:04 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL Analyzing this question from my sanitized position of online leisure, 

Then killed her.

This is exactly why "objectively reasonable" was established. Thanks for proving my point, also kudos to you for torpedoing your own argument by bring it into the discussion lol.

(05-15-2019, 02:04 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL Analyzing this question from my sanitized position of online leisure, 

Then killed her.

Dill obviously the only ones who can "second guess" are other officers.  And since they are always honest and fair and clearly would never back someone up just in case they needed the same in the future it's the best way to do it.  Why have an outside, non-police officer observer when they could never understand?   Mellow

I mean it's not like internal investigations could ever be biased.   Ninja

No oversight needed. Obviously.  Smirk

(05-15-2019, 02:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Cool

Of course my comment is about the subject. Dill felt compelled to point out the person shot was female (actually called her a girl); thereby, providing an extra "excuse" why the shooting was unnecessary.

But keep trying.  

(05-15-2019, 02:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO anyone who has issue with this shooting would have issue with any shooting. He first asked she refused, she then became combative, he tried to subdue her with non-lethal methods, she then removed his weapon and fired at him, at that point he had been forced into using deadly force

No other option? Hmm

(05-15-2019, 02:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course my comment is about the subject. Dill felt compelled to point out the person shot was female (actually called her a girl); thereby, providing an extra "excuse" why the shooting was unnecessary.

But keep trying.  

Girl or not. If she gets your taser, unload your mag while she is sitting there.