Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bad Boys II - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Bad Boys II (/Thread-Bad-Boys-II)

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 05-11-2020

(05-11-2020, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/authorities-investigate-video-showing-ahmaud-arbery-just-prior-003713242--abc-news-topstories.html

Anybody believe the "just out for a jog' stance?

Took less than a week after the arrests that took over two months to make to "find" a video that casts some doubt on how innocent the victim really was.  

Pretty good bfine.

Usually trespassing (if that's what they and you are going for here) isn't a capital offense with punishment handed out by two guys in a pick up truck but well, we know what you're thinking.

Disgusting.

I'd suggest you and the people you post these things be ashamed but I know that's not possible.

From the article:

Quote:The lawyers representing the Arbery family -- Lee Merritt, Ben Crump and Chris Stewart -- released a statement saying the new video does not change the version of events outlined by the family leading up to Arbery's shooting.

"Our office has reviewed the surveillance video which appears to show a person, believed to be Ahmaud Arbery, entering a property under construction. The individual remains on the property for under 3 minutes before continuing to jog down the road," the lawyers said in a joint statement Saturday. "This video is consistent with the evidence already known to us. Ahmaud Arbery was out for a jog. He stopped by a property under construction where he engaged in no illegal activity and remained for only a brief period. Ahmaud did not take anything from the construction site. He did not cause any damage to the property. He remained for a brief period of time and was not instructed by anyone to leave but rather left on his own accord to continue his jog."

MORE: The events leading up to the arrest of 2 men for murder of Ahmaud Arbery

"Ahmaud’s actions at this empty home under construction were in no way a felony under Georgia law," the statement continued. "This video confirms that Mr. Arbery’s murder was not justified and the actions of the men who pursued him and ambushed him were unjustified. We reiterate, Ahmaud Arbery did not take part in ANY felony, had no illegal substances in his system, was not armed yet was shot three times with a shotgun at close range."

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 05-11-2020

(05-11-2020, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/authorities-investigate-video-showing-ahmaud-arbery-just-prior-003713242--abc-news-topstories.html

Anybody believe the "just out for a jog' stance?

I've checked out all sorts of stuff while out on a jog, and there is no evidence he vandalized or stole anything.

Tell us what you believe.

RE: Bad Boys II - samhain - 05-11-2020

The only time I've ever gone to jail in my life it was for trespassing on a construction site when I was a teenager. I'm glad none of the neighbors opted to conduct a detainment/execution in the street before the cops got there. My mom was pissed when she collected me from the station, and I got a pretty good ass-chewing, but the death penalty was never mentioned by any party involved.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 05-11-2020

(05-11-2020, 11:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I've checked out all sorts of stuff while out on a jog, and there is no evidence he vandalized or stole anything.

Tell us what you believe.

I do not believe he was simply out for a jog; however, that does not excuse what happened to him. Both men should never see sunshine again. 

(05-11-2020, 02:19 PM)samhain Wrote: The only time I've ever gone to jail in my life it was for trespassing on a construction site when I was a teenager.  I'm glad none of the neighbors opted to conduct a detainment/execution in the street before the cops got there.  My mom was pissed when she collected me from the station, and I got a pretty good ass-chewing, but the death penalty was never mentioned by any party involved.

This is always the hyperbole that the Left goes to. NO ONE has said that man deserved to be executed. I simply asked Do we still beleive he was simply out for a jog.

A Liberal sees a Conservative asking a simple question and their mind races toward the worst. 

(05-11-2020, 12:54 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Your question implies you don’t. What do you believe?

I believe there is evidence he was trespassing in a neighborhood that had had a rash of break ins. 

Now your turn. (Actually, it was your turn before I answered, but I know how it goes). What do you believe?  

(05-11-2020, 02:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not believe he was simply out for a jog; however, that does not excuse what happened to him. Both men should never see sunshine again. 

(05-11-2020, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is always the hyperbole that the Left goes to. NO ONE has said that man deserved to be executed. I simply asked Do we still beleive he was simply out for a jog.

A Liberal sees a Conservative asking a simple question and their mind races toward the worst. 

(05-11-2020, 02:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I believe there is evidence he was trespassing in a neighborhood that had had a rash of break ins. 

Now your turn. (Actually, it was your turn before I answered, but I know how it goes). What do you believe?  

What the hell difference does it make if a video *might* show he was "trespassing"?

You yourself say it he shouldn't have been killed over it so why would a "conservative" even bring it up?

Hint: We know why.

(05-11-2020, 02:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I believe there is evidence he was trespassing in a neighborhood that had had a rash of break ins. 

What makes you believe there had been a rash of break ins?

Believe everything the white guys say and call the black victim a liar, right?

RE: Bad Boys II - samhain - 05-11-2020

(05-11-2020, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is always the hyperbole that the Left goes to. NO ONE has said that man deserved to be executed. I simply asked Do we still beleive he was simply out for a jog.

And a conservative will always find a justification for the extrajudicial killing.  In this case it's apparently trespassing.  Go with it, if you like.  

The trespassing argument serves as something to create doubt as to whether the McMichaels were justified in killing Arbery. It's an "oh gee look at all the overreacting libz, OMG!!!" That's literally it's only purpose. Let's all forget that this man was hunted and killed in the street and focus on the real problem, which is always something other than the actual murder, isn't it?

I don't care if he stopped and took a dump at the construction site. That changes virtually nothing about the reasons for the detention/killing. Like literally zero.

(05-11-2020, 03:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What makes you believe there had been a rash of break ins?

Believe everything the white guys say and call the black victim a liar, right?
Fred, so quick with the slurs

Which black victim did I call a liar?

Answer that or STFU. 

RE: Bad Boys II - CKwi88 - 05-11-2020

(05-11-2020, 02:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not believe he was simply out for a jog; however, that does not excuse what happened to him. Both men should never see sunshine again. 

What do you believe he was doing?

(05-11-2020, 03:27 PM)samhain Wrote: And a conservative will always find a justification for the extrajudicial killing.  In this case it's apparently trespassing.  Go with it, if you like.  

The trespassing argument serves as something to create doubt as to whether the McMichaels were justified in killing Arbery.  It's an "oh gee look at all the overreacting libz, OMG!!!"  That's literally it's only purpose.  Let's all forget that this man was hunted and killed in the street and focus on the real problem, which is always something other than the actual murder, isn't it?

I don't care if he stopped and took a dump at the construction site.  That changes virtually nothing about the reasons for the detention/killing.  Like literally zero.

Thanks for backing up my assertion; unfortunately, I clearly disputed yours even before you made it.

(05-11-2020, 02:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: What the hell difference does it make if a video *might* show he was "trespassing"?

You yourself say it he shouldn't have been killed over it so why would a "conservative" even bring it up?

Hint: We know why.

You knew that I think it matters to help find the truth?

Is there a difference between:

They shot him because they thought he was robbing homes in the area and he was found entering one under construction

or

They shot him just because he was jogging down the street

We have seen acts of violence flair up in places like Ferguson over a false narrative. It'd most likely to be able to nip this one in the bud if possible.  

(05-11-2020, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You knew that I think it matters to help find the truth?

They shot him because they thought he was robbing homes in the area and he was found entering one under construction

or

We have seen acts of violence flair up in places like Ferguson over a false narrative. It'd most likely to be able to nip this one in the bud if possible.  

Nope no difference because: 

They didn't know if he was a suspect or not.  But you know that.

They shouldn't have been chasing him.  But you know that.

They shouldn't have shot him.  But you know that. 

But if you can find a way to make the victim look even *maybe* guilty you can say you are look for "truth" and "being fair".

But you're not.  But you know that.

(05-11-2020, 03:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred, so quick with the slurs

Which black victim did I call a liar?

Answer that or STFU. 

The family that claimed their son was just out for a jog.

They were the only ones who made that claim.

Now explain why you thought there was a rash of break ins in that neighborhood.  If you have been looking for the truth you will give an answer, but it seems like you are just looking to excuse the actions of the killers.

(05-11-2020, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You knew that I think it matters to help find the truth?

or

I don't see any difference.  But since you do tell me what difference it makes.

(05-11-2020, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have seen acts of violence flair up in places like Ferguson over a false narrative. It'd most likely to be able to nip this one in the bud if possible.  

We saw acts of violence erupt in Ferguson because the Prosecuting Attorney made a mockery of the grand jury proceedings and the police released misleading information.  And if we don't nip problems like this in the bud we will see them again all over the country.

This killing is a horrible tragedy, but the prosecutors claim that the killing was completely justified is worse because it is basically giving vigilanties free reign to kill whoever they want.

(05-11-2020, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The family that claimed their son was just out for a jog.

They were the only ones who made that claim.

Now explain why you thought there was a rash of break ins in that neighborhood.  If you have been looking for the truth you will give an answer, but it seems like you are just looking to excuse the actions of the killers.

So I didn't call the black victim a liar, but you refuse to STFU. so

Actually the mother said he was most likely just out for a jog

I never said I believe there was a rash of break ins. I said there was evidence and I provided it.The accused testimony. 

I've plainly said there's no excuse for them murdering the kid and they should never see the light of day. In what logic does that equal "excusing their actions"

With that feel free to continue to call folks liars, say they say things they never do, and fabricate stance to make them appear to be irrational and racists. That usually leads to constructive conversation. 

(05-11-2020, 05:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So I didn't call the black victim a liar, but you refuse to STFU. so

Actually the mother said he was most likely just out for a jog

Semantics.

I consider the family to be victims.

(05-11-2020, 05:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I never said I believe there was a rash of break ins. I said there was evidence and I provided it. The accused testimony. 

And there is evidence that he was just out for a jog, but that is not what we were discussing.

You asked us what evidence we believe and we ask you the same question back.  Since you asked us first I don't see what the problem is in asking you to do something other than repeat false claims and call them your beliefs.

If nothing else can you at least answer the exact same question you asked me?

Do you believe he was just out for a jog?

(05-11-2020, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Semantics.

I consider the family to be victims.

We both know exactly what you meant when you falsely accused me of calling someone a liar. I didn't expect you to own it.

"semantics".