Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bad Boys II - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Bad Boys II (/Thread-Bad-Boys-II)

RE: Bad Boys II - Millhouse - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 09:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump tweeted out about the "thug" protestors (not "thug" officer who murdered Floyd?) and suggested that they be shot.

Twitter put a warning on the tweet saying that it was "glorifying violence" but would remain up because it may be in the public's interest to remain accessible.

If I may nitpick a bit, but nothing wrong with Trump using the "thug" to describe those that deserve it. 

Back in 2015, Prez Obama used the same language talking about those that looted and committed criminal acts in Baltimore, "criminals and thugs" as he put it.

Other than that, didn't agree with how he worded the rest of that tweet as I already mentioned.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 09:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If I may nitpick a bit, but nothing wrong with Trump using the "thug" to describe those that deserve it. 

Back in 2015, Prez Obama used the same language talking about those that looted and committed criminal acts in Baltimore, "criminals and thugs" as he put it.

Other than that, didn't agree with how he worded the rest of that tweet as I already mentioned.

You have to try hard and have other motives than the truth to find fault in Trump in this issue. But it can happen. 

RE: Bad Boys II - Nately120 - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have to try hard and have other motives than the truth to find fault in Trump in this issue. But it can happen. 

Ehh, he didn't do himself any favors by capitalizing it.  Plus Obama has been known to step in it with his words as well, so that doesn't exactly excuse the suspicion that THUG is the PC way of dropping the N-bomb.

I'd call that nitpicking if Trump hadn't so clearly shown us the type of fellow he is and the people he's tossing a bone with his tweets.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, he didn't do himself any favors by capitalizing it.  Plus Obama has been known to step in it with his words as well, so that doesn't exactly excuse the suspicion that THUG is the PC way of dropping the N-bomb.

I'd call that nitpicking if Trump hadn't so clearly shown us the type of fellow he is and the people he's tossing a bone with his tweets.

For real? 

Here's one I don't understand. Apparently some of these thu.. err deplorable protesters smashed windows at CNN in Atlanta, while also breaking windows on cop cars and setting some on fire apparently per article. There was spraypaintings including one ACAB (all cops are bastards).

Also just saw that a Brooklyn Police precinct got overrun by "protesters".

RE: Bad Boys II - Nately120 - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 10:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? 

It seems like some people use it as a means to get around that, so yeah it could be argued.  Trump's shown us who he is, so him emphasizing the word THUG doesn't exactly make it seem like the most innocent of terms.

That's just my take, though.  You're more than free to treat everything he does and says as if he just arrived on this planet today.

So I am all for protests peacefully wherever and whenever, as long as it doesn't block me from getting down to Krogers and my favorite carry out places.

Hopefully the rioting folks will cease sooner than later. The ones smashing windows, burning cop cars, buildings, looters etc. Because if it keeps spreading and gets worse, at what point should it be physically put down meaning blood being spilt? Just curious is all as to what people think on this considering we are in the midst of Covid-19 and a weak economy.

RE: Bad Boys II - TheLeonardLeap - 05-29-2020

(05-29-2020, 09:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly I have always chalked the rioters up to different life experiences in how to deal with issues and the looters and opportunists that use the cover to steal as they normally would.

But then I see gangs of armed white people storm the state capitol so they can demand they can go eat out and get haircuts and I wonder how different I react than so many other people.

0 shots fired
0 people injured (other than I think some people treated for dehydration?)
0 buildings burned down
0 stores looted

Awfully peaceful for "gangs" of armed white people "storming" the state capital.   Mellow

RE: Bad Boys II - BmorePat87 - 05-30-2020

(05-29-2020, 09:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If I may nitpick a bit, but nothing wrong with Trump using the "thug" to describe those that deserve it. 

As I noted, it’s interesting when the language is reserved for one group and not another that did far worse.

RE: Bad Boys II - BmorePat87 - 05-30-2020

(05-29-2020, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, he didn't do himself any favors by capitalizing it.  Plus Obama has been known to step in it with his words as well, so that doesn't exactly excuse the suspicion that THUG is the PC way of dropping the N-bomb.

He also once characterized a demonstration openly organized by white supremacists who chanted nazi slogans as having some “good people” in it.

RE: Bad Boys II - Nately120 - 05-30-2020

(05-29-2020, 11:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 0 shots fired
0 buildings burned down
0 stores looted

Awfully peaceful for "gangs" of armed white people "storming" the state capital.   Mellow

Right, which is why people get upset when unarmed black men who also shoot 0 times are killed.  Methinks the issue is that people are saying a swarm of black people with assault rifles wouldn't even be given the chance to show how able they are to fire zero shots when they assemble and/or yell in the face of the police.

I'm a cynic, but I just don't picture the 2A crowd swelling up with pride if a bunch of black guys were walking around with assault rifles.  Maybe if we let them do that they also don't shoot anyone.

Give it a try. What have we got to lose, Trump? And what difference does it make, Hillary?

RE: Bad Boys II - Dill - 05-30-2020

0 buildings burned down
0 stores looted

Good point. How often does law enforcement storm gangs of armed white protestors anywhere?

Nowadays armed white protestors may be the key to a peaceful protest.

[Image: BundyRanch_SniperFreewayOverpass_April2014.jpg]

RE: Bad Boys II - Dill - 05-30-2020

(05-30-2020, 01:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, which is why people get upset when unarmed black men who also shoot 0 times are killed.  Methinks the issue is that people are saying a swarm of black people with assault rifles wouldn't even be given the chance to show how able they are to fire zero shots when they assemble and/or yell in the face of the police.

I'm a cynic, but I just don't picture the 2A crowd swelling up with pride if a bunch of black guys were walking around with assault rifles.  Maybe if we let them do that they also don't shoot anyone.

Give it a try.  What have we got to lose, Trump?  And what difference does it make, Hillary?

Could a swarm of black people with assault rifles be counted upon to help the police as these nice militia members did at Ferguson?

[Image: 150811-oath-keepers-cheat_va3yeg]

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 05-30-2020

0 buildings burned down
0 stores looted

Police didn't fire tear gas and rubber bullets at them either.

But I'm not saying the cops didn't realize the white folks were all just fakers who carry big guns to compensate for their own fears so they knew there wouldn't be trouble.  I'm saying there are images and videos of these same armed white folk screaming in the faces of the queens guard police officers who just stand there quietly.  But if you're just outside at 8:01 (or a news reporter) in MN right now expect to get shot with rubber bullets and paintballs.

(05-29-2020, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have to try hard and have other motives than the truth to find fault in Trump in this issue. But it can happen. 

Spoke like a true Trumper.

He has done nothing, zero, zilch to calm anything. He has failed to lead.  He is a coward hiding behind his keyboard.

But I'm sure he enjoys your complete and undying support.

Meanwhile the officers have a handle on the real problem...checks notes...news reporters and cameras?

The weak man's idea of a tough man.

[Image: trump-ss-coward-05302020.jpg]

Like the guy telling his friends to hold him back.

Coward.

He's just lucky they get paid (or took an oath) to keep his big mouth safe.

RE: Bad Boys II - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-30-2020

0 buildings burned down
0 stores looted

Thankfully, there weren't any joggers so no one was shot.

RE: Bad Boys II - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-30-2020

(05-30-2020, 02:23 AM)Dill Wrote: Could a swarm of black people with assault rifles be counted upon to help the police as these nice militia members did at Ferguson?

[Image: 150811-oath-keepers-cheat_va3yeg]

Why is it these guys wear Kevlar vests, but never Kevlar helmets?  Do they subtract from the tacticool look or there are no vital organs located in the head which need protection?