Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bad Boys II - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Bad Boys II (/Thread-Bad-Boys-II)

RE: Bad Boys II - TheLeonardLeap - 06-13-2020

(06-13-2020, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah. The whole "he was fleeing thing" has a lot more nuance to it than people think. Tennessee v. Garner makes it so an officer cannot shoot a fleeing suspect unless they have reason to believe they are threat to life or limb to the cop or others. So, assault a cop and steal a weapon? Even with it being a taser I'd see that as a threat.

Even if you didn't want to see it as a threat, the second he turned while running and pointed the stolen taser AT the chasing police officer? That's 100% a threat there.

The one police officer already deployed his taser and was now getting aimed at, and the second police officer didn't have a taser anymore because it was stolen and only had his gun to protect his partner's safety with.

If you attack police, steal their weapon, and point it at them? You're not a victim.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 06-13-2020

(06-13-2020, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: After he attacked both police officers and stole one of their tasers. He is on camera with the stolen taser still in his hand. You can't attack police officers, steal their weapon, point the stolen weapon at them, and then be the "victim".

Because yes, as he was "running away", he pointing the taser at the police officer chasing him. The police officer knows they are just a taser away from being incapacitated and murdered by their own gun. If someone attacks them, steals their taser, and then points it at them? They are going to get shot.
https://twitter.com/MattWSB/status/1271909804848623617

So seriously, stop it.

Mellow
Many take away from the George Floyd tragedy by trying to associate it with everytime the Police have killed a black man 

RE: Bad Boys II - hollodero - 06-13-2020

(06-13-2020, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: After he attacked both police officers and stole one of their tasers. He is on camera with the stolen taser still in his hand. You can't attack police officers, steal their weapon, point the stolen weapon at them, and then be the "victim".

I strongly have to agree with that. How can that even be controversial, seriously.

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-14-2020

Sorry, they played judge jury and executioner...again.

Guy was sleeping in his car, maybe he was legally drunk?  Maybe the officers handled it poorly and that led to his "resisting"?

Nah, cops never lie.

I mean the Police chief resigned already.  I'm sure he did that before any kind of investigation because he's sure they did nothing wrong.

Maybe some feel a man deserves to be shot while running away because there is a "legal" way to do it.  I don't.

But then I'd wait for the investigation on this one.  I hear they take time.   Mellow

RE: Bad Boys II - jason - 06-14-2020

(06-14-2020, 12:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry, they played judge jury and executioner...again.

Guy was sleeping in his car, maybe he was legally drunk?  Maybe the officers handled it poorly and that led to his "resisting"?

Nah, cops never lie.

I mean the Police chief resigned already.  I'm sure he did that before any kind of investigation because he's sure they did nothing wrong.

Maybe some feel a man deserves to be shot while running away because there is a "legal" way to do it.  I don't.

But then I'd wait for the investigation on this one.  I hear they take time.   Mellow

This legally drunk guy (allegedly) did have one of the cop's taser when he was shot. I don't know all of the facts on this one yet, but I'm gonna assume that things are gonna end badly for my lily white ass as I'm running away with a cop's taser after I blocked traffic because I passed out in a Wendy's drive thru.

RE: Bad Boys II - TheLeonardLeap - 06-14-2020

(06-14-2020, 12:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry, they played judge jury and executioner...again.

Nah, cops never lie.

How does one pass out drunk in a Wendy's drive-thru legally?  Hilarious  Unless you're suggesting he soberly drove to Wendy's, placed an order, drove up a bit and then the wait was so long he completely turned off his car and got drunk enough to pass out while having no intention to operate his vehicle again.

It doesn't matter if you trust them to lie or not on this one, it's on video. Him fighting and punching the police is on video, him stealing the taser is on video, him turning and pointing the taser at the police officer chasing him is on video. 

The police chief resigned already because SHE had political pressure to do so because their Mayor instantly threw them under the bus. Probably to try to prevent more rioting/looting/arson from people like you who see a guy assault police officers, steal their weapon, and then point their weapon at them and you say shit like "maybe he was legally drunk" and act like he's the victim while ignoring everything he chose to do.

Mellow

RE: Bad Boys II - TheLeonardLeap - 06-14-2020

(06-14-2020, 12:26 AM)jason Wrote: This legally drunk guy (allegedly) did have one of the cop's taser when he was shot. I don't know all of the facts on this one yet, but I'm gonna assume that things are gonna end badly for my lily white ass as I'm running away with a cop's taser after I blocked traffic because I passed out in a Wendy's drive thru.

I don't know if you're allegedly the legally drunk or the have a taser, because the taser bit isn't allegedly. 

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1272009448890884097

You can clearly see him take the officer's taser as he fights them. It's in his hand as he passes the car.

There's him running. At 3-4 seconds you can see him slow down, turn, and point (and possibly fire) the taser at the cop behind him. Only when he turns and threatens the one police officer is when he gets shot.

There's no allegedly in this. He fought the police, stole one of their tasers, and when he "ran away" he took the time to turn and threaten (if not fire upon) the police officer closest to him.

But because there's an angry mob out there who just burned a Wendy's to the ground, apparently we have to fire the police officer without actual due process and pretend like he's the victim. Once this all dies down, the police officer is going to sue for wrongful termination, win, and get a cushy cash payment from the city/taxpayers.

RE: Bad Boys II - NATI BENGALS - 06-14-2020

Pretty good way to lose support for the BLM movement. Don’t make a martyr out of some idiot who fought cops and stole their weapon and attempted to use it against them. People who were maybe coming around will see this and go right back to not giving af

(06-14-2020, 04:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Pretty good way to lose support for the BLM movement. Don’t make a martyr out of some idiot who fought cops and stole their weapon and attempted to use it against them. People who were maybe coming around will see this and go right back to not giving af

I didn't say he didn't deserve to be arrested.  I didn't say he didn't do anything wrong.

I said he didn't deserve to be killed.

Maybe he was legally drunk.  Maybe he took the taser.  Doesn't matter.  He was shot and killed for being drunk and "resisting".

Given this moment in time you'd think police would be more on the deescalating and less on the wrestle you to the ground, lose our weapon and then shoot and kill you because we're afraid.  He didn't have a gun, he had a taser and the police still had him outnumbered and had his car.  He wasn't getting away with no punishment.

I never defended the guys actions...I criticized the officer's actions.

But don't worry just because the chief stepped down (forced too or not...she was one of the ones who went to meet with protesters last week) and just because one officer was fired and the other placed on administrative duty, we will get all the absolutely awful things the victim did in the news real soon.  We'll find out that he wasn't an "angel" or a "good person" so it's okay he was shot for resisting arrest.

And the cycle will continue.

For every one of these type situations where it can be argued he "deserved it" by some there will be more that some will tsk tsk and say they "probably" didn't "deserve" to be killed but police have a tough job.

What are ya gonna do?  Right?

Meanwhile Trump has put the Boy with the Mightyass touch on the job.  We're all doomed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-calls-jared-kushner-star-220928518.html

Quote:Trump calls Jared Kushner 'my star' after the adviser announces he's working with law enforcement to 'fix' policing

• President Donald Trump called Jared Kushner, his son-in-law and senior White House adviser, "my star" during a Monday White House roundtable with law enforcement. 
  • Kushner praised law enforcement during the White House event and said he hoped they would help craft solutions "that could bring this country forward" amid national protests against police brutality and racism. 
  • The president has derided and attacked the anti-racism protests that have swept the country after George Floyd was killed during an arrest in Minneapolis.
  • Trump hasn't voiced support for any reform measure. 
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

President Donald Trump referred to Jared Kushner, his son-in-law and senior White House adviser, as "my star" during a Monday White House roundtable with law enforcement. 

During the event, Kushner praised law-enforcement officials, several of whom were invited to the event, for embracing reform and "coming together to fix" policing after hearing the "cries from the community." 

He added, "Hopefully at this time where there's a lot of people in the country who are feeling different pain and feeling different concerns, law enforcement can be a leader in coming together and helping us work towards bringing solutions that could bring this country forward."

Trump then thanked Kushner and called him "my star." 

The president has given Kushner and his daughter Ivanka Trump enormous power in his inner circle, and Kushner has helped lead the administration's efforts on critical issues, like the Middle East peace plan, criminal-justice reform, and the response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Kushner's expansive role in the White House has attracted widespread criticism in part because the former real-estate executive had no experience in government, policy, or foreign relations before helping lead his father-in-law's 2016 presidential campaign. 

While Democrats unveiled sweeping police-reform legislation on Monday, the White House has done little to address national concerns about law-enforcement practices and accountability. 

During the White House roundtable on Monday, Trump announced that he doesn't support defunding or dismantling police departments, as some progressives are calling for, and claimed "99%" of law-enforcement officers are "great people." 

"We want to make sure we don't have any bad actors in there, and sometimes you'll see some horrible things like we witnessed recently, but 99 — I say 99.9, but let's go with 99% of them are great, great people, and they've done jobs that are record-setting — record-setting," Trump said.

Attorney General William Barr recently said he didn't believe there was systemic racism in the nation's law-enforcement system and similarly blamed the pattern of racist killings and police brutality on individuals.

The president has derided and attacked the anti-racism protests that have swept the country after George Floyd was killed during an arrest in Minneapolis. Over the weekend, the president retweeted conservative commentators attacking Floyd's character, and in another message, Trump mocked GOP Sen. Mitt Romney for marching with Black Lives Matter protesters in Washington.

Quote:[Image: l_1e25c3677fb674bc4ba6ec553539c81e_normal.jpg]
[/url]Acyn Torabi@Acyn

Kushner: The law enforcement community heard the cries from the community, saw the injustices in the system that needed to be fixed and they responded by coming together to fix it

[Image: bhBuUcJpmwyNI5aT?format=jpg&name=small]

4:09 PM - Jun 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

9,966 people are talking about this

[url=https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1270085683994976256]

Read the original article on Business Insider

Here's the bodycam.

I guess they had "no choice" but arrest him for sleeping in his car after drinking.  Mellow

They never let them call someone to get them....right?  Especially when the suspect is as clam and non-disrespectful as this guy.  Right?

I guess if he had not resisted they wouldn't have had to try and tase him and them lost their taser and then he wouldn't have turned with it and then they wouldn't have used their legal right to escalate to killing a suspect.

I mean not like it's happened before: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-man-steals-nypd-taser-zaps-three-officers-20190423-gceinbprerhkpfy6g2lk2avml4-story.html

I guess I still can't justify in my mind killing him. Glad others can.

Mellow

RE: Bad Boys II - masonbengals fan - 06-14-2020

(06-14-2020, 04:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Pretty good way to lose support for the BLM movement. Don’t make a martyr out of some idiot who fought cops and stole their weapon and attempted to use it against them. People who were maybe coming around will see this and go right back to not giving af

Sadly that's exactly what this is going to do. Polar opposite of the George Floyd case. But good people are too afraid to speak up & differentiate between the two because of the backlash. When anyone acts this stupid & reckless bad things are going to happen. Haven't heard anything from the ex chief but would it be surprising she quit because she sees that too.

(06-14-2020, 08:40 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Sadly that's exactly what this is going to do. Polar opposite of the George Floyd case. But good people are too afraid to speak up & differentiate between the two because of the backlash. When anyone acts this stupid & reckless bad things are going to happen. Haven't heard anything from the ex chief but would it be surprising she quit because she sees that too.

No, at least not all the time.

There are too many videos of non minority suspects being taken into custody without being killed who acted "stupid and recklessly".

So when one is calm and respectful and then "acts up" and gets killed it deserve scrutiny.  The officer had a legal right to kill him.  That doesn't make it right.  At least to me.

RE: Bad Boys II - masonbengals fan - 06-14-2020

All shootings deserve scrutiny. We should be thankful for the videos in both cases. Shedding light on these things should only better our society.

RE: Bad Boys II - NATI BENGALS - 06-14-2020

(06-14-2020, 08:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Here's the bodycam.

I guess they had "no choice" but arrest him for sleeping in his car after drinking.  Mellow

They never let them call someone to get them....right?  Especially when the suspect is as clam and non-disrespectful as this guy.  Right?

I guess if he had not resisted they wouldn't have had to try and tase him and them lost their taser and then he wouldn't have turned with it and then they wouldn't have used their legal right to escalate to killing a suspect.

I mean not like it's happened before: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-man-steals-nypd-taser-zaps-three-officers-20190423-gceinbprerhkpfy6g2lk2avml4-story.html

I guess I still can't justify in my mind killing him. Glad others can.

Mellow

Jesus. F’n jackasses all the way around.

Gotta say I commented earlier just going off of what others said happened but this wasn’t what I expected to see. Cop did a shitty job and dude shouldn’t have fought.

I’m mean I’m pretty sure they can see someone’s record with all the technology. Was he a repeat offender that they needed to come down hard on? Or a clean record, no harm no foul said he could walk home from there? I’ve heard stories of cops driving DUI suspects home.

If I passed out behind the wheel and woke up to cops I would expect a DUI. I remember hearing something back in the day that as long as the keys were not in the car you couldn’t get a DUI if you were parked so I did have a few nights where my keys were sitting on the top of my tire and I was asleep inside.

With someone as calm as that I thought you start with the reading of the rights and tell them you are placing them under arrest. Not immediately start grabbing

RE: Bad Boys II - jason - 06-14-2020

(06-14-2020, 01:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't know if you're allegedly the legally drunk or the have a taser, because the taser bit isn't allegedly. 

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1272009448890884097

You can clearly see him take the officer's taser as he fights them. It's in his hand as he passes the car.

There's him running. At 3-4 seconds you can see him slow down, turn, and point (and possibly fire) the taser at the cop behind him. Only when he turns and threatens the one police officer is when he gets shot.

There's no allegedly in this. He fought the police, stole one of their tasers, and when he "ran away" he took the time to turn and threaten (if not fire upon) the police officer closest to him.

But because there's an angry mob out there who just burned a Wendy's to the ground, apparently we have to fire the police officer without actual due process and pretend like he's the victim. Once this all dies down, the police officer is going to sue for wrongful termination, win, and get a cushy cash payment from the city/taxpayers.

I was talking about the drunk part... That guy resisted, struggled with the cops, and took one of their weapons. Pretty sure I'd be shot if I did that.

RE: Bad Boys II - CKwi88 - 06-14-2020

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/autopsy-rayshard-brooks-death-considered-homicide-shot-twice-in-the-back 

Well they ruled it as a homicide. While the idealist in me would like the cops to have not shot a man that was running away, I can't really fault them for firing on the guy after he was pointing a weapon, even if it was a taser.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 06-15-2020

(06-14-2020, 11:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/autopsy-rayshard-brooks-death-considered-homicide-shot-twice-in-the-back 

Well they ruled it as a homicide. While the idealist in me would like the cops to have not shot a man that was running away, I can't really fault them for firing on the guy after he was pointing a weapon, even if it was a taser.

Folks that try to associate this with the Floyd killing are going to do more harm than good. Things I've seen so far:

He was drunk while the driver of a vehicle and folks say:

They should have only talked to him
They should have let him call for a ride
They should have got him a Uber

He was rightly being arrested, fought with cops, took one of their weapons, fled, and shot a one of the officers in pursuit. This is what happens:

The police shouldn't have defended themselves 
They should have just let him flee

The Mayor who has aspersions of bigger things:

Fires the cop before any investigation
Urges the Police Chief to step down
Condemns her law endorsement 

RE: Bad Boys II - BmorePat87 - 06-15-2020

[Image: VAz40Cz.jpg]

RE: Bad Boys II - Dill - 06-15-2020

(06-14-2020, 11:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/autopsy-rayshard-brooks-death-considered-homicide-shot-twice-in-the-back 

Actually, I believe it is illegal to shoot someone running away
who is no threat to arresting officers.

Tennessee vs Garner 1985 https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/471/1/

Held: The Tennessee statute is unconstitutional insofar as it authorizes the use of deadly force against, as in this case, an apparently unarmed, nondangerous fleeing suspect; such force may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

That taser is not like a gun, and unlikely to count as a lethal weapon in court. In this case, the guy fired a "dangerous" (not lethal) weapon, apparently missed, then turned and ran. No danger to the cop at that moment, or anyone else. But Brooks has two holes in his back.

The guy definitely should not have resisted the cops and grabbed a taser. But if the choice is between killing a possible DUI resisting arrest, or letting him flee, then you let him flee. Otherwise the harm done the individual far exceeds the harm done society.

The "Police culture" which does not see it that way probably goes well beyond the police force; one of the issues at stake in the upcoming election.

By firing the offending officer and resigning, the chief sends a strong signal the Atlanta Dept. is serious about changing that culture.