Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bad Boys II - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Bad Boys II (/Thread-Bad-Boys-II)

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "We can't survive with no police"

"That is not what 'de-fund the police' actually means."

"I don't care what it actually means.  I am going to squeal about what I think it means."

I agree that you don't care what de-fund actually means and squeal about what you think it means. You've demonstrated that many times.

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 04:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree that you don't care what de-fund actually means and squeal about what you think it means. You've demonstrated that many times.

I was the one who explained to you what the current "defund the police" program would entail, remember?

You were the one who said you didn't care what it actually meant.  You were going to squeal about the literal translation even though that had nothing to do with the actual plans.

I mean if you insist on defining everything by its literal meaning that means you are in favor of fascism if you oppose Antifa.

(06-19-2020, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was the one who explained to you what the current "defund the police" program would entail, remember?

You were the one who said you didn't care what it actually meant.  You were going to squeal about the literal translation even though that had nothing to do with the actual plans.

I mean if you insist on defining everything by its literal meaning that means you are in favor of fascism if you oppose Antifa.

You explained what you wanted it to mean. I'm the one who actually used the term and cared what it meant; just as the Minnesota Mayor when he was cursed and told to leave the rally. Here he was the following day forced to apologize:

If you and others cannot use correct terms such as fund redistribution and allocation; don't blame those who have an actual grasp of the language.   

RE: Bad Boys II - Belsnickel - 06-19-2020

(06-18-2020, 08:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I had a back and forth earlier in this thread over the term "defund" when protester cursed and made the Mayor of Minneapolis do the walk of shame for not agreeing with the term; but stated he wanted reform. 

Who is the "they" you refer to that went to the headline, instead of the real message?

The protesters and the media.

(06-19-2020, 05:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The protesters and the media.

On this we agree 100% 

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 05:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you and others cannot use correct terms such as fund redistribution and allocation; don't blame those who have an actual grasp of the language.   

I don't blame you for being confused over the terminology.  But when it is made clear to you the actual policy these people are proposing it is comical to hear you tel them they mean something different.

So are you against Antifa?  Antifa is short for "anti-fascist".  Do you know the literal meaning of the term "anti-fascists"?  Does it mean you support fascism is you oppose Antifa?

This is by far one of the silliest games you have ever played.  You are actually opposing an idea no one is suggesting.  Do you realize how ridiculous  that makes you look?

(06-19-2020, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't blame you for being confused over the terminology.  But when it is made clear to you the actual policy these people are proposing it is comical to hear you tel them they mean something different.

So are you against Antifa?  Antifa is short for "anti-fascist".  Do you know the literal meaning of the term "anti-fascists"?  Does it mean you support fascism is you oppose Antifa?

This is by far one of the silliest games you have ever played.  You are actually opposing an idea no one is suggesting.  Do you realize how ridiculous  that makes you look?

nah, it's what they label themselves,They too use the term incorrectly. I never folks that that do not know what defund means have a monopoly on ignorance. 

The folks that kicked the Minnesota mayor out of their rally didn't want to hear the Mayor talk about reallocation and redistribution of funds. He had to pledge to "defund". Why do you think that was?

I agree it's a silly game, but maybe to wrong person is being silly. As I said you've explained what you want itto mean.

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-20-2020

She had a ticket.  Was sitting quietly.  Outside. 

Was arrested for "trespassing".

Bunch of snowflakes.

(06-19-2020, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Setting the bar to win the election is all that matters.

RE: Bad Boys II - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-20-2020

(06-19-2020, 05:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You explained what you wanted it to mean. I'm the one who actually used the term and cared what it meant; just as the Minnesota Mayor when he was cursed and told to leave the rally. Here he was the following day forced to apologize:

If you and others cannot use correct terms such as fund redistribution and allocation; don't blame those who have an actual grasp of the language.   

Rhetorical question: why did you call it restructuring earlier? And don’t even start with re-allocating funds is the same thing as restructuring an organization stupid BS.

The endless semantics arguments are petty and tiresome.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 06-20-2020

(06-20-2020, 06:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Rhetorical question: why did you call it restructuring earlier? And don’t even start with re-allocating funds is the same thing as restructuring an organization stupid BS.

The endless semantics arguments are petty and tiresome.

You point to semantics and then say semantics arguments are petty and tiresome:

[Image: rs_500x214-150202100917-post-28652-thats...g-g2uB.gif]

I probably should have said defund. Seems you're good with that term. 

RE: Bad Boys II - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-20-2020

(06-20-2020, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You point to semantics and then say semantics arguments are petty and tiresome:

[Image: rs_500x214-150202100917-post-28652-thats...g-g2uB.gif]

I probably should have said defund. Seems you're good with that term. 

Jesus Christ. Reallocation of funds and restructuring an organization are two different things and not a semantics argument.

The same as funds and supplies are two different things no matter how hard you want to pretend you can’t tell the difference.

The government doesn’t give the Army a supply of 100 tanks and tells them to use the tanks as funds to buy 20 helicopters. No matter how much you want to pretend you’re that stupid, I know you’re not.

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 06-21-2020

(06-19-2020, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: nah, it's what they label themselves,They too use the term incorrectly. 

But you can't judge them on what they actually want to do.  All you can judge them on is the literal definition of their cause, remember?

Seriously, post a list of every person who has said their would be no law enforcement officers at all if the "defund the police" policy was put in place.

And the crowd in Minneapolis does not count.  They want to get rid of the current police department, but they also want new law enforcement officers under a new program.

So keep arguing that BLM wants there to be zero law enforcement officers.  That way I can keep using you as a a poster boy for white people who refuse to listen or attempt to have an honest conversation about the issue.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you can't judge them on what they actually want to do.  All you can judge them on is the literal definition of their cause, remember?

Seriously, post a list of every person who has said their would be no law enforcement officers at all if the "defund the police" policy was put in place.

And the crowd in Minneapolis does not count.  They want to get rid of the current police department, but they also want new law enforcement officers under a new program.

So keep arguing that BLM wants there to be zero law enforcement officers.  That way I can keep using you as a a poster boy for white people who refuse to listen or attempt to have an honest conversation about the issue.

Minnesota  is the perfect example and it has been explained why, but they "don't count". Hard to argue with that logic. 

I suppose we also can't use Minnesota to oppose your "white people who refuse to listen or attempt to have an honest conversation about the issue.". We must understand that those that shut him down and stated he must say "defend" or get the f. out as those wanting to have an honest conversation.

Fred Logic: You can't make it up

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-21-2020

Again anyone who doesn't WANT to be willfully ignorant can research what the "defund the police" movement is calling for, how it would be done and where it has been done already.

Otherwise they can keep arguing about what is said literally.

(Well, until they want to change it to "basically".  Smirk)

Same people who say you can take what Trump says you have to focus on what he does.  Unless that is bad too and then we should look at what Biden said.  LMAO.

(06-21-2020, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again anyone who doesn't WANT to be willfully ignorant can research what the "defund the police" movement is calling for, how it would be done and where it has been done already.

Same people who say you can take what Trump says you have to focus on what he does.  Unless that is bad too and then we should look at what Biden said.  LMAO.

Again why did the crowd in Minnesota not WANT to talk about police reform and revamping?  I saw and heard what they did and said. 

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again anyone who doesn't WANT to be willfully ignorant can research what the "defund the police" movement is calling for, how it would be done and where it has been done already.

(06-21-2020, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Again why did the crowd in Minnesota not WANT to talk about police reform and revamping?  I saw and heard what they did and said. 

ThumbsUp

(06-21-2020, 04:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

Not one person expected you to answer the question, because you cannot without looking the fool, but let me help you out.

They didn't refuse to discuss police reform and revamping with the Mayor because bfine is "willfully ignorant" of the defund movement. 

You and others can "explain" what defund means to you, but that doesn't mean there are not a number of folks out there chanting defund the police that do not want all funds removed from their police departments. 

RE: Bad Boys II - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-21-2020

(06-21-2020, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not one person expected you to answer the question, because you cannot without looking the fool, but let me help you out.

They didn't refuse to discuss police reform and revamping with the Mayor because bfine is "willfully ignorant" of the defund movement. 

You and others can "explain" what defund means to you, but that doesn't mean there are not a number of folks out there chanting defund the police that do not want all funds removed from their police departments. 

As Travis Tritt once said, “Here’s 25 cents worth of miscellaneous supplies, call someone who cares.”

RE: Bad Boys II - Belsnickel - 06-22-2020

Here is the problem, though. The majority of this country is too lazy to do their own research. Any social movement that occurs needs to take this into account for their messaging. If the majority of the populous is not spoon fed easily digestible (i.e. short and in plain language) messaging that accurately describes the movement, then it will fall flat. Using the "defund the police" tagline is too easily misconstrued and is terrible messaging.

I agree that all it takes is for someone to make a very small effort to understand the position of the movement and their goals. I lament the inability for people to do this sort of research all the time. But my idealist viewpoint has to make way for the pragmatic side where I know that it is futility to think that will work out.

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-22-2020

(06-21-2020, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not one person expected you to answer the question, because you cannot without looking the fool, but let me help you out.

Do your own research. 

Your desperate clinging to that one event is willful ignorance to the larger picture and an attempt to derail.

We can have a discussion about that one incident or about what "defund the police" means.  Your choice.