Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bad Boys II - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Bad Boys II (/Thread-Bad-Boys-II)

RE: Bad Boys II - michaelsean - 06-22-2020

(06-22-2020, 01:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Confused

Here's how it goes with the "defund the police" situation. People hear it and their opinions cause them to say "hell ya!", "let me hear more", or "back the blue!" The first and last group shut down after they hear the phrase and any further discussion on what it actually means is ineffective. This is where there can be progress on the side of the receiver. If we can step away from that knee-jerk reaction and continue to listen, we can hear more. Just like those who came up with the headline made a choice, you can make a choice to not shut off after hearing it.

i read things here while reading a whole thread.  I didn't actively go try to find out if it means something different than what I think it means.  If i happen to read something that explains something, that's great, but I'm not lazy for not looking into everything that sounds ridiculous to me.  

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 06-22-2020

The whole argument is ludicrous.

"DEFUND THE POLICE"

"So you want to remove funds from the police?"

"No stupid, we want to reallocate funds and look into possible corruption"

"Well, then you don't want to defund the police and it's silly to refer to it as such"

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT I CALL IT. DEFUND THE POLICE". .

(06-22-2020, 09:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: Do your own research. 

Your desperate clinging to that one event is willful ignorance to the larger picture and an attempt to derail.

We can have a discussion about that one incident or about what "defund the police" means.  Your choice.

For real? I'm "desperately clinging" to the event I posted that started this whole back and forth?

You still didn't answer the question posed. Could it be many shouting "DEFUND THE POLICE" actually want to remove all funds from the police because, IDK, it's a stupid phrase that makes no sense? 

White Power: What does that mean?

RE: Bad Boys II - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-22-2020

(06-22-2020, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The whole argument is ludicrous.

"DEFUND THE POLICE"

"So you want to remove funds from the police?"

"No stupid, we want to reallocate funds and look into possible corruption"

"Well, then you don't want to defund the police and it's silly to refer to it as such"

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT WHAT I CALL IT. DEFUND THE POLICE". .

Ironic coming from not only the Semantics Police, but the Semantics Police Chief.

Anybody got a update on Seattle's Summer of Love?

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-22-2020

(06-22-2020, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody got a update on Seattle's Summer of Love?

Yes!  Lot's of updates!

When the internet gets to where you live you should do some research.

Mellow

(06-22-2020, 09:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes!  Lot's of updates!

When the internet gets to where you live you should do some research.

Mellow

You can't help me out while we wait? 

I have 0 idea how I was able to post that without internet. 

RE: Bad Boys II - masonbengals fan - 06-22-2020

[Image: quote-teddy-roosevelt-first-requisite-of...C287&ssl=1]

Thought I would post one for Teddy tonight at about the same time they are tearing down his statue in NYC.

(06-22-2020, 09:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: [Image: quote-teddy-roosevelt-first-requisite-of...C287&ssl=1]

Thought I would post one for Teddy tonight at about the same time they are tearing down his statue in NYC.
What the hell did Teddy do?

He was the original Ruff Ryder

RE: Bad Boys II - BmorePat87 - 06-22-2020

(06-22-2020, 09:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: [Image: quote-teddy-roosevelt-first-requisite-of...C287&ssl=1]

He's a good dude for sure, but that statue was atrocious. It definitely did not portray Teddy accurately when it came to his position on race in the early 1900's. 

That was some Woodrow Wilson level white supremacy. This is the man who hosted the first black man for a meal in the White House and they have him leading a naked black guy at his feet.

RE: Bad Boys II - Truck_1_0_1_ - 06-22-2020

Quote:Pull his own weight.

... and he didn't take his own advice Wink

RE: Bad Boys II - masonbengals fan - 06-22-2020

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/06/teddy-roosevelt-was-a-great-american/

Doesn't matter whether he was a good dude or not. Right now the mob rules apparently.

RE: Bad Boys II - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-23-2020

(06-22-2020, 09:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can't help me out while we wait? 

Maybe you haven’t sacrificed enough to earn that knowledge so he’s against spoon feeding you?

RE: Bad Boys II - Dill - 06-23-2020

(06-22-2020, 10:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's a good dude for sure, but that statue was atrocious. It definitely did not portray Teddy accurately when it came to his position on race in the early 1900's. 

That was some Woodrow Wilson level white supremacy. This is the man who hosted the first black man for a meal in the White House and they have him leading a naked black guy at his feet.

It's complicated.

TR was a white supremacist who opposed slavery and supported gradual, long term equality for blacks.

RE: Bad Boys II - GMDino - 06-23-2020

(06-22-2020, 09:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can't help me out while we wait? 

I know!  Right?

But since you seem incapable doing your own research and instead post random thoughts I have to assume you at least had bad internet.

Good luck to you in the future with your heartfelt desire to learn.  Smirk  

RE: Bad Boys II - Belsnickel - 06-23-2020

(06-22-2020, 09:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: [Image: quote-teddy-roosevelt-first-requisite-of...C287&ssl=1]

Yeah, let me pop in here as probably the biggest fan of TR on the board. The statue is not being removed because of it being TR. It is being removed because of the racist, caricature depiction of a an indigenous person and an African American. The Roosevelt family agrees with the removal, as well, because they feel that the depiction does not align with his ideals. I don't necessarily agree with that, because even though I am a fan of the colonel, I recognize he had some very problematic positions and was a white supremacist. I know a good bit of this has already been said, but yeah, it needs to be reemphasized. TR had a major impact on New York and the city itself and is honored there in several other ways. This statue can easily go and his presence will still be felt.

RE: Bad Boys II - masonbengals fan - 06-23-2020

Yes, he had as you described "some very problematic positions" which leads to just how prevalent this line of thinking was in our history. We all know that. Is the tear down line to be drawn after this statue or the next, or the next or the next. You get my point. Letting what is now a mob rules ideology decide what is to be targeted is a dangerous game to play. And when good people remain silent to avoid being labeled racist it will undoubtedly spiral out of control. We are witnessing that now.

Already seeing headlines that stained glass windows with a white Jesus are racist are the churches next?

Where does it stop & who decides that? These idiots tearing down everything in sight in no way could be entrusted with that decision.

(06-23-2020, 09:44 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, let me pop in here as probably the biggest fan of TR on the board. The statue is not being removed because of it being TR. It is being removed because of the racist, caricature depiction of a an indigenous person and an African American. The Roosevelt family agrees with the removal, as well, because they feel that the depiction does not align with his ideals. I don't necessarily agree with that, because even though I am a fan of the colonel, I recognize he had some very problematic positions and was a white supremacist. I know a good bit of this has already been said, but yeah, it needs to be reemphasized. TR had a major impact on New York and the city itself and is honored there in several other ways. This statue can easily go and his presence will still be felt.

So, to be clear, there are lots of other public references to Teddy.  His family support this move.  And there are STILL people saying "when will this end?!?!?!"

Give me a break.

I can't think of a single statue or monument that could come down that would affect my memory of the person it was erected to commemorate.

People have such an addiction to "things".  

(06-23-2020, 10:04 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Yes, he had as you described "some very problematic positions" which leads to just how prevalent this line of thinking was in our history. We all know that. Is the tear down line to be drawn after this statue or the next, or the next or the next. You get my point. Letting what is now a mob rules ideology decide what is to be targeted is a dangerous game to play. And when good people remain silent to avoid being labeled racist it will undoubtedly spiral out of control. We are witnessing that now.

Already seeing headlines that stained glass windows with a white Jesus are racist are the churches next?

Where does it stop & who decides that? These idiots tearing down everything in sight in no way could be entrusted with that decision.

You mean references to that King article?

Or is there a mass call to eliminate images of Jesus?

RE: Bad Boys II - Nately120 - 06-23-2020

Maybe some liberators will show up and save us from our defunct society.