Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bad Boys II - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Bad Boys II (/Thread-Bad-Boys-II)

RE: Bad Boys II - fredtoast - 06-01-2018

(06-01-2018, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you have any scientific students of crime committed by demographic?

Yes I do.  In fact the studies I have posted mention some of these stats.  For example......

Although the majority of those who shared, sold, or transferred serious drugs in Seattle are white (indeed seventy percent of the general Seattle population is white), almost two-thirds (64.2%) of drug arrestees are black.

RE: Bad Boys II - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-01-2018

(06-01-2018, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I keep posting scientific studies and actual police admitting that racial profiling exists.

Actually, one of the three you posted actually demonstrated the exact opposite, oops.  Another was addressed as obviously not addressing possible factors and actually proving some of my points.  It amuses me that you actually think you're doing well in this thread.

Quote:You just keep posting your opinion and calling police liars.

I never said that.  Stop lying, Fred.  Find the post or admit you're a liar.

(06-01-2018, 05:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actually, one of the three you posted actually demonstrated the exact opposite, oops.

I never said that.  Stop lying, Fred.  Find the post or admit you're a liar.

1.  None of the studies demonstrated the exact opposite.  The fact that black were less likely to get arrested just shows that they were less likely to be committing crimes.  Doesn't have anything to do with if they were profiled to stop.

2.  I posted two stories where police claim there is racial profiling.  Do you admit they are telling the truth?

(06-01-2018, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  None of the studies demonstrated the exact opposite.  The fact that black were less likely to get arrested just shows that they were less likely to be committing crimes.  Doesn't have anything to do with if they were profiled to stop.

Yet you've also claimed that black people do commit more crimes. 

(06-01-2018, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Census Bureau issues a crime report based on polling called the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS).  So it is not based on arrest records influenced by police bias.  It shows that blacks are more likely to commit crimes against people and/or property. 

You're going to have to get familiar with the concept of consistency if you're going to debate with adults.

Quote:2.  I posted two stories where police claim there is racial profiling.  Do you admit they are telling the truth?

You said I called police liars.  Please produce a post in which I did so or admit that you, yourself, are the liar.

RE: Bad Boys II - bfine32 - 06-01-2018

(06-01-2018, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  None of the studies demonstrated the exact opposite.  The fact that black were less likely to get arrested just shows that they were less likely to be committing crimes.  Doesn't have anything to do with if they were profiled to stop.

2.  I posted two stories where police claim there is racial profiling.  Do you admit they are telling the truth?

Are you using the study where Police Officers say they were racially profiled while OFF DUTY to support your stance of profiling by police while ON DUTY?

(06-01-2018, 05:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yet you've also claimed that black people do commit more crimes. 

The fact that black people commit more crimes has nothing to do with racial profiling.  More innocent black people are stopped and searched, and more guilty white people are not bothered.

(06-01-2018, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you using the study where Police Officers say they were racially profiled while OFF DUTY to support your stance of profiling by police while ON DUTY?

Yes.  That is exactly what I am doing.

Do you have some sort of problem with that?

(06-01-2018, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that black people commit more crimes has nothing to do with racial profiling.  More innocent black people are stopped and searched, and more guilty white people are not bothered.

Except that's not what you said.  Also, you claimed I called police liars and I challenged you to find the post in which this supposedly happened.  You have not done so.  Please admit you lied.

(06-01-2018, 05:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You said I called police liars.  Please produce a post in which I did so or admit that you, yourself, are the liar.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I did not realize you were saying these officers were telling the truth when they said there was racial profiling.  Based on your assertions that there is no racial profiling I assumed you did not believe these police officers.

Glad to hear you admit their claims were true.

(06-01-2018, 06:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except that's not what you said.  

Yes, that is exactly what I said.

It is possible for the black population to both commit more crimes and still be the victims of racial profiling.

RE: Bad Boys II - SunsetBengal - 06-01-2018

(06-01-2018, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that black people commit more crimes has nothing to do with racial profiling.  More innocent black people are stopped and searched, and more guilty white people are not bothered.

Could it be that the "guilty white people" simply did nothing to arouse the officer's curiosity?

(06-01-2018, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only between the two choices you gave me.

Wait, that's the "only" time it's more relevant?

(06-01-2018, 06:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I did not realize you were saying these officers were telling the truth when they said there was racial profiling.  Based on your assertions that there is no racial profiling I assumed you did not believe these police officers.

You said I called police liars.  I challenged you to find a post in which I did so.  Please produce such a post or admit you lied.

(06-01-2018, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could it be that the "guilty white people" simply did nothing to arouse the officer's curiosity?

Yes.  The problem is that black people "arouse curiosity" simply by being black while white people do not just because they are white.

(06-01-2018, 06:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I did not realize you were saying these officers were telling the truth when they said there was racial profiling.  Based on your assertions that there is no racial profiling I assumed you did not believe these police officers.

(06-01-2018, 06:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You said I called police liars.  I challenged you to find a post in which I did so.  Please produce such a post or admit you lied.

Looks like he did admit the error of his previous assertion.  I don't see anything more to argue about.

(06-01-2018, 06:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You said I called police liars.  I challenged you to find a post in which I did so.  Please produce such a post or admit you lied.

I already apologized.  I did not realize you agreed that these officers were telling the truth.

(06-01-2018, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, that is exactly what I said.

It is possible for the black population to both commit more crimes and still be the victims of racial profiling.

I get that you're drowning in this thread and are looking for anything to cling to.  You admitted that between a group of adult Hispanic females and a group of white teenage boys that their actions would be the determining factor in whether they were contacted by police.  Yet, for some odd reason, you can't admit this could be true of blacks contacted by police.

Have I, and others, admitted that there are times in which a black citizen is unfairly targeted by police?  Yes, because, as I've already said, LEO's are humans, and some humans are prejudiced/racist.  You've stated that blacks commit more crimes than other ethnicities, by proportion of their population.  Then you state that they are unfairly targeted.  

Let's put out another hypothetical.  I tell you that in the next room is an ISIS member (Not a US soldier mind you.  I know you easily confuse the two, Fred).  In the next room is a thirty year old male of Middle Eastern descent and an elderly white woman.  Who are you guessing is the ISIS fighter?

(06-01-2018, 06:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wait, that's the "only" time it's more relevant?

No.  All things being equal a group of black males will draw the attention of police more than either of those other groups.  

(06-01-2018, 07:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Have I, and others, admitted that there are times in which a black citizen is unfairly targeted by police?  Yes, because, as I've already said, LEO's are humans, and some humans are prejudiced/racist.

Then we don't need to discuss anything else.  That was the only point I was trying to make.

(06-01-2018, 06:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  The problem is that black people "arouse curiosity" simply by being black while white people do not just because they are white.

Meh, I blame gangsta rap.  Had NWA not pissed off the LE community in 1988, by producing a song titled F*** the Police, all of this could have easily been avoided.   Ninja

On a more serious note, black folks working within their own community to change the image of how they are perceived by the rest of society is a great place to start.