Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s (/Thread-John-Ross-is-continuing-to-impress-in-OTA%E2%80%99s)

Pages: 1 2 3

John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - Trademark - 05-23-2018

“He had a bunch of good plays today, and he had a couple of stupid plays, so that’s what is going to happen,” said Bob Bicknell, who is in his first year as Bengals wide receivers coach. “I’m glad he does. I’d be upset if we weren’t doing some stupid things right now so you go in and coach it up.”

Making catches in tight windows and deep down the sidelines, there are plenty of reasons to start getting excited about how Ross looks so far. Not able to participate much in camp last year, Ross never really had a chance to show what he can do. He is taking every opportunity this offseason to prove it.
Head coach Marvin Lewis spoke about the difference he has already seen from Ross this offseason as well. Due to injuries, Ross was never able to work in weight training so he looks bigger. Coming into camp last season his weight fluctuated from 185-188, but this season is moving between 190-196. Getting back into the weight room and into shape will only help Ross as he looks to take the league by storm in 2018.

“I’m a lot stronger,” he added. “I can do everything in the weight room. My legs have gotten stronger. I’m back lifting with everyone. I started college real small and wasn’t able to lift and then I got to lift and I felt better, I felt better as a player. Now I’m back to where I was when I was in college my senior year, as far as how physically ready I felt in college. I feel the same way now.

https://stripehype.com/2018/05/23/john-ross-continues-impress-otas/

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - HarleyDog - 05-23-2018

Good post. Looking forward to getting him on the field and seeing what his speed opens up for our O.

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-23-2018

This is the guy that i wanted us to Draft. He has all the talent in the world, always said he reminded me of a faster
Antonio Brown. Great ability in open space, very shifty, quick with good hands and was the best Red Zone threat in
college at one point. Love hearing he is back to feeling like he did but even better. 1 TD every 5 times he caught the
ball.

It is starting to click, look out. This guy really could take the NFL by storm. He can do it all and with him being able
to lift, learning from AJ and Lafell and going against Will Jax who says he is looking good gives me great optimism
for John Ross once again.

Makes me feel better also that Marv is giving him some compliments. Not in his doghouse anymore.

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - XenoMorph - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is the guy that i wanted us to Draft. He has all the talent in the world, always said he reminded me of a faster
Antonio Brown. Great ability in open space, very shifty, quick with good hands and was the best Red Zone threat in
college at one point. Love hearing he is back to feeling like he did but even better. 1 TD every 5 times he caught the
ball.

It is starting to click, look out. This guy really could take the NFL by storm. He can do it all and with him being able
to lift, learning from AJ and Lafell and going against Will Jax who says he is looking good gives me great optimism
for John Ross once again.

Makes me feel better also that Marv is giving him some compliments. Not in his doghouse anymore.

having AJ on the otherside is just gonna make it ridiculous if it all comes together... If they all stay healthy with Eifert inside.   if the line gels we should be closer to the 2015 bengals than the 2016 or 2017

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 04:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: having AJ on the otherside is just gonna make it ridiculous if it all comes together... If they all stay healthy with Eifert inside.   if the line gels we should be closer to the 2015 bengals than the 2016 or 2017

You said it Xeno, plus having a decent O-line that gives Dalton some time and a running game with the talented
Mixon/Gio duo could really open it all up and it could be better than 2015. Think it will take some time with the
new coaches and youth but it certainly could happen. Eifert says he feels better than ever too which honestly kind
of surprised me after two back surgeries.

Ross is that crazy speed that can really open it up. Him just being on the field should make opposing Defenses a
little uncomfortable. He just needs to gain that confidence and that sounds exactly what is happening right now.

Really tough for a rookie WR to come in injured after not playing any OTA's and not much of TC and succeeding.

Hardly every happens. Working with Housh and now having AJ and Lafell mentoring him is all huge. The good
news just keeps coming this Offseason, loving it.

Rock On

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - BFritz21 - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 04:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: having AJ on the otherside is just gonna make it ridiculous if it all comes together... If they all stay healthy with Eifert inside.   if the line gels we should be closer to the 2015 bengals than the 2016 or 2017

I agree except Mixon gives us another dimension because he's more of a homerun hitter than Jeremy Hill was.  

Having another viable weapon opposite of AJ Green that can be a deep threat and make big plays should make our offense stupid good, and that's ignoring Eifert being a matchup nightmare for backers and safeties, and not to mention a change-of-pace like Gio for defenses to have to worry about.

It's all coming together at the right time!

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - TheLeonardLeap - 05-23-2018

Quote:“He had a bunch of good plays today, and he had a couple of stupid plays, so that’s what is going to happen,” said Bob Bicknell, who is in his first year as Bengals wide receivers coach. “I’m glad he does. I’d be upset if we weren’t doing some stupid things right now so you go in and coach it up.

This might be one of the stupidest things said that I have read in awhile.

He's GLAD Ross had some stupid plays, and would be upset if he didn't have stupid plays because it validates his job? How about being glad if there are 0 stupid plays, because it means you have smart players?

"I sure am glad this RB is fumbling all the time, I would be mad if he didn't, because then I couldn't coach him to not fumble as much."
"I sure am glad this QB keeps throwing INTs. I would be mad if he didn't, because then I couldn't coach him to stop throwing INTs."

What? Lol

(05-23-2018, 04:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This might be one of the stupidest things said that I have read in awhile.

He's GLAD Ross had some stupid plays, and would be upset if he didn't have stupid plays because it validates his job? How about being glad if there are 0 stupid plays, because it means you have smart players?

"I sure am glad this RB is fumbling all the time, I would be mad if he didn't, because then I couldn't coach him to not fumble as much."
"I sure am glad this QB keeps throwing INTs. I would be mad if he didn't, because then I couldn't coach him to stop throwing INTs."

What? Lol

Haha i get what you are saying but i think i know what Bicknell means. Rather have him make mistakes now then
in the season. Ross is not going to be perfect on every play, no player is. AJ Green isn't perfect on every play.

But i might add, way to ignore all the positivity in the thread TLL.

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - Tiger Teeth - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 04:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree except Mixon gives us another dimension because he's more of a homerun hitter than Jeremy Hill was.  

Having another viable weapon opposite of AJ Green that can be a deep threat and make big plays should make our offense stupid good, and that's ignoring Eifert being a matchup nightmare for backers and safeties, and not to mention a change-of-pace like Gio for defenses to have to worry about.

You're getting me all tingly with excitement.   :drool:

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - depthchart - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 04:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree except Mixon gives us another dimension because he's more of a homerun hitter than Jeremy Hill was.  

Bengal fans deserve to have a "Perfect Storm" of good things finally happen and I hope 2018 will be that year.

Lots of positive signs this offseason...

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - TheLeonardLeap - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Haha i get what you are saying but i think i know what Bicknell means. Rather have him make mistakes now then
in the season. Ross is not going to be perfect on every play, no player is. AJ Green isn't perfect on every play.

But i might add, way to ignore all the positivity in the thread TLL.

Yeah, but to say you're glad that they are making mistakes is sure weird. Never seen Belichick glad his players are F'ing up. Lol

- - - - - - - - - - -
Oh, I ignored the positivity in the thread all the way because it seems we get like 3-4 of these types of stories an offseason as the season comes closer to the start.

So-and-so did MMA in the offseason.
So-and-so when back to their Olympic workout regimine.
So-and-so was unstoppable when playing Calvin Johnson on the scout team.
So-and-so is finally moved back to his natural position.
So-and-so is the best rookie corner Marvin has ever seen.

There's always some every year. By this point I have long since reached a point where I won't buy into the hype until I see the change on the field in real games. Would be great if Ross turns it around and is a big time WR. I am just not buying in quite yet.

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - treee - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 05:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but to say you're glad that they are making mistakes is sure weird. Never seen Belichick glad his players are F'ing up. Lol

- - - - - - - - - - -
Oh, I ignored the positivity in the thread all the way because it seems we get like 3-4 of these types of stories an offseason as the season comes closer to the start.

There's always some every year. By this point I have long since reached a point where I won't buy into the hype until I see the change on the field in real games. Would be great if Ross turns it around and is a big time WR. I am just not buying in quite yet.

Definitely a hype story, no question about that. But I'm definitely way more hyped than last season already. Things are looking much more promising.

(05-23-2018, 05:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but to say you're glad that they are making mistakes is sure weird. Never seen Belichick glad his players are F'ing up. Lol

- - - - - - - - - - -

Cool, completely understand not buying into the hype after all of the Hobspin fluff pieces that ended up being
nothing more then that. But i am telling you if Ross is healthy he will make one hell of a difference in a positive
way for this Offense. Crazy talent, he just has to put it all together and it sure sounds like he has a good start
this Offseason.

As Treee said, there actually is some merit this season for the hype with Lazor able to put in his own scheme
with a proven new aggressive in your face O-line coach, Glenn, Price, Preston Brown, healthy Eifert, Ross and
a new DC in Teryl Austin.

BTW, awesome Geno sig, just totally destroyed Deshaun Watson lol

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - fredtoast - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 03:06 PM)Trademark Wrote:  Due to injuries, Ross was never able to work in weight training so he looks bigger. Coming into camp last season his weight fluctuated from 185-188, but this season is moving between 190-196. Getting back into the weight room and into shape will only help Ross as he looks to take the league by storm in 2018.

“I’m a lot stronger,” he added. “I can do everything in the weight room. My legs have gotten stronger. I’m back lifting with everyone. I started college real small and wasn’t able to lift and then I got to lift and I felt better, I felt better as a player. Now I’m back to where I was when I was in college my senior year, as far as how physically ready I felt in college. I feel the same way now.

Here is that story a year from now.

"Ross is in the best shape of his life.  He has lost 10 lbs this off season in order to get quicker."

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - SunsetBengal - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 05:45 PM)treee Wrote: Definitely a hype story, no question about that. But I'm definitely way more hyped than last season already. Things are looking much more promising.

Last year was a wet blanket for a lot of us.  But, I'm with you, there is a lot more to be excited for this year, than last.

(05-23-2018, 04:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This might be one of the stupidest things said that I have read in awhile.

What? Lol

I think he just means if hes gonna make a stupid play  hes glad its now in OTAs when they can work on fixing it and not live game

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - 3wt - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is that story a year from now.

"Ross is in the best shape of his life.  He has lost 10 lbs this off season in order to get quicker."

Cynic   

(05-23-2018, 05:09 PM)depthchart Wrote: Bengal fans deserve to have a "Perfect Storm" of good things finally happen and I hope 2018 will be that year.

Lots of positive signs this offseason...

yeah last year was what we should have expected... if we were combing the last 50 years of history.

now its a fresh start... so to speak.   (was kinda surprised we didn't go more all in last year)

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - grampahol - 05-23-2018

I have to argue about non-existent problems every day here at home. Why should football be any different? 

RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - bengalfan74 - 05-23-2018

(05-23-2018, 05:45 PM)treee Wrote: Definitely a hype story, no question about that. But I'm definitely way more hyped than last season already. Things are looking much more promising.

X2 !

A bunch of these preseason articles are all hype and end up not panning out come September. But there's a whole lot more to  be optimistic about this time around. If the line can gel and all the play makers can stay healthy it could be dynamite. 

AJ, Ross, Eifert, Gio, Mixon all on the field at the same time would give the opposing D a nightmare to cover.