Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Suggs is already in midseason form! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Suggs is already in midseason form! (/Thread-Suggs-is-already-in-midseason-form)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Suggs is already in midseason form! - GMDino - 08-23-2015

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13491990/philadelphia-eagles-take-issue-terrell-suggs-baltimore-ravens-targeting-sam-bradford-left-knee

[Image: gmp_Ty_Ek.jpg]
image hosting no register

Quote:Eagles center Jason Kelce noted he said something to Suggs on the field after the play. Later, Kelce said, he realized that Suggs was probably following directions.

"That's something they're probably coached to do and something he's told to do on the read-option," Kelce said. "It's not particularly dirty for him to hit the quarterback. I just thought it was just a little weird that he went right at the knee area. I don't think, looking back on it, that it was anything malicious. I think he's just playing the game."

Suggs confirmed Kelce's suspicion. Although he was penalized 15 yards for roughing the passer, Suggs argued with referee Jerome Boger that it was a legal play.

"When you run the read-option, you have to know the rules," Suggs said. "If you want to run the read-option with your starting quarterback that has had two knee surgeries, that's on you. That's not my responsibility to update you on the rules.

"I could've hit him harder on that. I didn't. I eased up."

[Image: terrell-suggs-hit.jpg]

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - BigPapaKain - 08-23-2015

And had it been a play action, it would've been a low hit on a QB dropping back to pass and Suggs was hitting him low regardless.

What a scum bag.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - GMDino - 08-23-2015

Seems he inspired his teammates too!

A Ravens player punched an Eagles player in the stomach

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/8/22/9193007/a-ravens-player-punched-an-eagles-player-in-the-stomach

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - SunsetBengal - 08-23-2015

Dirty birds, for shame..

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - Bmoreblitz - 08-23-2015

It's preseason (and in some cases, pre-job training) for the officials too. All officials need a reminder of how to handle the option play (ie, the QB is a runner and not protected by passer rules).

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - BmorePat87 - 08-23-2015

Quote:"That's something they're probably coached to do and something he's told to do on the read-option," Kelce said. "It's not particularly dirty for him to hit the quarterback. I just thought it was just a little weird that he went right at the knee area. I don't think, looking back on it, that it was anything malicious. I think he's just playing the game."

I'm glad part of your post was the Eagles player saying it wasn't a dirty hit.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - Harmening - 08-23-2015

I'd take him on my team, for sure.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - BFritz21 - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 11:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm glad part of your post was the Eagles player saying it wasn't a dirty hit.

Rolleyes

Then he looks like a crybaby.

When a questionable hit occurs, a lot of players say that it wasn't a dirty hit or that there was no ill intentions just so they don't look like babies or so they don't start drama.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - Whatever - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 11:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm glad part of your post was the Eagles player saying it wasn't a dirty hit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/23/eagles-think-dirty-terrell-suggs-tried-to-hurt-sam-bradford/

Actually, several Eagles players have said it was dirty.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - Whatever - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 11:16 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: It's preseason (and in some cases, pre-job training) for the officials too. All officials need a reminder of how to handle the option play (ie, the QB is a runner and not protected by passer rules).

They botched the name of the call, as it should have been unnecessary roughness instead of roughing the passer, but it was a penalty regardless.

(08-23-2015, 02:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/23/eagles-think-dirty-terrell-suggs-tried-to-hurt-sam-bradford/

Shocker there Shocked

(08-23-2015, 02:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: They botched the name of the call, as it should have been unnecessary roughness instead of roughing the passer, but it was a penalty regardless.

Lol....they didn't mess up the name of the call.
There is no way to call that unnecessary roughness. Lol how? It wasn't a late hit or was it an illegal hit.

Roughing the passer would've been closer (which they called) if the refs felt it wasn't a read option.

It's a gray area. Suggs didn't have to go in low. Didn't look to be malicious.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - Nately120 - 08-23-2015

I watched that and the Eagles fans were holding their collective breath EVERY time Bradford got touched, but that looks extra bad in photo-form.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - rfaulk34 - 08-23-2015

Looked like he went to the side and tried to wrap him around his thighs. He could have tried to go straight through his legs but he went at an angle. It's not Suggs fault that Bradford has bad knees. Would Eagles fans prefer that he goes up around his shoulders and risk a concussion?

I've never found it that hard to go right at a guys waist, but whatever.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - Beaker - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 03:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've never found it that hard to go right at a guys waist, but whatever.

And you never even played football.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - JS-Steelerfan - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 01:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rolleyes

When a questionable hit occurs, a lot of players say that it wasn't a dirty hit or that there was no ill intentions just so they don't look like babies or so they don't start drama.

That sounds like a technicality. Therefore, your point is invalid.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - BmorePat87 - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 03:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Looked like he went to the side and tried to wrap him around his thighs. He could have tried to go straight through his legs but he went at an angle. It's not Suggs fault that Bradford has bad knees. Would Eagles fans prefer that he goes up around his shoulders and risk a concussion?

I've never found it that hard to go right at a guys waist, but whatever.

Because I am a Ravens fan, I didn't want to be the one who explained that when people launch themselves to tackle other players, sometimes they hit a different area because the other guy is still moving.

Considering the goal of his position, it's likely Suggs wanted to wrap him up in a place near the knees so it's easier to pull him down, but not actually hit his knees and get a 15 yard penalty. 

But, hey, it's football. People get hit.

(08-23-2015, 01:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rolleyes 

and they don't want people to not take them seriously. I get it!

(08-23-2015, 02:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/23/eagles-think-dirty-terrell-suggs-tried-to-hurt-sam-bradford/

Thanks. I was wondering why the OP would supply a link where the opposing team said it wasn't dirty, but now I see two people thought it was. Oh well, as your link says, the hit was legal and the penalty was incorrect.

(08-23-2015, 03:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've never found it that hard to go right at a guys waist,

Shocked

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - bfine32 - 08-23-2015

Suggs knew exactly what he was doing.

RE: Suggs is already in midseason form! - BigPapaKain - 08-23-2015

(08-23-2015, 02:47 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Lol....they didn't mess up the name of the call.
There is no way to call that unnecessary roughness. Lol how? It wasn't a late hit or was it an illegal hit.

Roughing the passer would've been closer (which they called) if the refs felt it wasn't a read option.

It's a gray area. Suggs didn't have to go in low. Didn't look to be malicious.

It didn't look to be malicious? Tackling a player with a history of knee injuries low despite the fact that the ball was 5 yards up field isn't malicious?

No wonder Ray Lewis is a hero in Baltimore - your definition of malicious is all ****** up.