Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House (/Thread-Trump-disinvited-Eagles-to-the-White-House)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - BmorePat87 - 06-04-2018

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23698240/philadelphia-eagles-not-attend-white-house-ceremony-president-donald-trump

That's what you get for kneeling, no photo op.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - CKwi88 - 06-04-2018

What a small man.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - bfine32 - 06-04-2018

An absolute shame to those players that were looking forward to the honor.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Yojimbo - 06-04-2018

N.K. Summit 2.0

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Nebuchadnezzar - 06-04-2018

Maybe Trump is thinking, "If only half the team is going to show up, I should just cancel the ceremony and be the bad guy and let the Eagles save face and be the hero"

Ok, I don't think that's it, lol.

It is a shame it is canceled. It truly is to bad that Trump is a petty little man.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - BmorePat87 - 06-04-2018

Torrey Smith said it's because most of the team wasn't going to show up anyways.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - HarleyDog - 06-05-2018

There were some that planned on attending. Sucks this was cancelled.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Au165 - 06-05-2018

Only 10 were going to show up and he was embarrassed so he flips it to pander to his base. The leader of the free world should not concern himself with such petty shit but it seems those are in fact the things he is most concerned about.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Belsnickel - 06-05-2018

Did any of the Eagles players kneel this past year? I've read some takes saying they didn't, which would mean Trump lied about the team. But I don't know for sure what the situation is.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - BmorePat87 - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 08:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did any of the Eagles players kneel this past year? I've read some takes saying they didn't, which would mean Trump lied about the team. But I don't know for sure what the situation is.

Someone cut during the preseason did during a preseason game.

No one on the Super Bowl team did. 

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - CKwi88 - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 08:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did any of the Eagles players kneel this past year? I've read some takes saying they didn't, which would mean Trump lied about the team. But I don't know for sure what the situation is.

Malcolm Jenkins raised a fist.

Chris Long put his arm around him.

According to some those are as bad as the kneeling.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Nately120 - 06-05-2018

What an amazing coincidence that the only president we've ever had who has been put out of business by the NFL is the one who finally enlightens the populace to what a disrespectful cesspool of anti-American hatred then NFL truly is. Astounding.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Au165 - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What an amazing coincidence that the only president we've ever had who has been put out of business by the NFL is the one who finally enlightens the populace to what a disrespectful cesspool of anti-American hatred then NFL truly is.  Astounding.

Yea it's not like he is vindictive or anything. 

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Millhouse - 06-05-2018

This will probably be the norm going forward until the next President. I know if I was invited to go to the White House cause my team won, I would be conflicted on whether to go or not because of how much I despise Trump. And I have never felt that way about any President in my lifetime. Sure I wasnt a big fan of Obama, Bush, and Clinton (who I actually got to shake hands with once). But I would go to their White Houses though with my team. Trump on the other hand...

(06-04-2018, 10:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Torrey Smith said it's because most of the team wasn't going to show up anyways.

https://twitter.com/TorreySmithWR/status/1003785689555664897
So many lies smh
Here are some facts
1. Not many people were going to go
2. No one refused to go simply because Trump “insists” folks stand for the anthem
3. The President continues to spread the false narrative that players are anti military

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Belsnickel - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 12:12 PM)Millhouse Wrote: This will probably be the norm going forward until the next President. I know if I was invited to go to the White House cause my team won, I would be conflicted on whether to go or not because of how much I despise Trump. And I have never felt that way about any President in my lifetime. Sure I wasnt a big fan of Obama, Bush, and Clinton (who I actually got to shake hands with once). But I would go to their White Houses though with my team. Trump on the other hand...

I feel the same way. I disagree with the politics of Bush 43 in a number of ways, but given the opportunity to meet him, I took it. I wouldn't do the same with Trump.

(06-05-2018, 12:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I feel the same way. I disagree with the politics of Bush 43 in a number of ways, but given the opportunity to meet him, I took it. I wouldn't do the same with Trump.

I know what you mean.  I can come up with reasons to stay home from meeting any of the presidents in my lifetime, but they all seem presidential in my mind, while Trump doesn't.  The Trump presidency seems more like America's rebellious and reactive period, more akin to that one year in high school where you insisted on only buying black clothes and being moody because you finally "found out who you really are" and that just happened to be an angsty teenager. 

Or, maybe Trump is the first in a long line of wacky celebrity presidents and the change is here to stay.  What do I know.  I'm sure there are some people out there who went all rogue in high school and never came back from it.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - michaelsean - 06-05-2018

I don't blame him for cancelling it if nobody was going to show up, but don't make up stories about why. To those few who wanted to go, offer them a personal invite for the future.

(06-05-2018, 12:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't blame him for cancelling it if nobody was going to show up, but don't make up stories about why.  To those few who wanted to go, offer them a personal invite for the future.

Yeah, I get that but we also hired Trump to be our president because he was a businessman and a large part of business is marketing and public relations.  He's protecting his brand, and a big part of that is to deflect and deceive.  This is a total business move on his part, and while I find it lamentable that the president is putting his image above all else, it's a wise move on his part, too.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-05-2018

This seems like a natural consequence of our society politicizing almost every aspect of our lives.

(06-05-2018, 12:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This seems like a natural consequence of our society politicizing almost every aspect of our lives.

I suppose...I just find it interesting that this sort of thing doesn't happen until we make Donald Trump president.  Do you really think SB teams visiting the WH is done for good?  I assume it will be back as soon as Trump is out of office, but time will tell. I'm just saying it's hard to separate society's blame from Trump's blame on this one.