Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross (/Thread-John-2-fast-2-film-Ross)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - TKUHL - 06-19-2018

(06-19-2018, 08:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The best comments in the thread, IMO.

My hopes are that he does great.

But I expect that he'll be the 3rd or 4th WR going into the season and will likely fail to beat out LaFell in training camp. I can see him getting a few starts this year.

Ross is an exceptional talent athletically, but he's far from an exceptional football player. The two are not the same. There have been some average athletic guys who have been exceptional football players and since this is the game of football I'll take the football player every time. Ogbuehi was a better athlete than Whit but he's a down right p***y of a football player.

Can Ross block in the running and passing is a question I have. Does anyone know the answer to that?

Personally, if I were the coach, I'd assign him returner duty to get him on the field while he learns. He was a good returner in college.

Returning kicks is the last thing I would have Ross do. We have plenty of fast durable players that can return kicks. No reason to waste another year with Ross being hurt.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - BengalChris - 06-19-2018

(06-19-2018, 09:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Returning kicks is the last thing I would have Ross do. We have plenty of fast durable players that can return kicks. No reason to waste another year with Ross being hurt.

Lots of returners go a whole season without getting hurt.

If there is that much concern for his injury chances then he's too injury prone.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - TKUHL - 06-19-2018

(06-19-2018, 09:24 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Lots of returners go a whole season without getting hurt.

If there is that much concern for his injury chances then he's too injury prone.

That's just it, he's injury prone.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - HarleyDog - 06-20-2018

Although he may be a good returner, if our main expectation is for him to be a receiver, then based on previous injury we should stay focused on that. We have others that can return. No reason to take the chance if not needed. Sounds a bit conservative I know, but with Ross I think we must be cautious. At least for now anyway.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - cooper - 06-20-2018

(06-18-2018, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How do you know he will never be any good?  Anthony Munoz had two knee surgeries in college.

None of us know for sure how Ross's career will play out.  Not even you.

could go either way pal

so far both through college and his first year in the NFL..hes an injury prone receive that cant stay on the field.

is what it is

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Tiger Teeth - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 10:27 AM)cooper Wrote: could go either way pal

so far both through college and his first year in the NFL..hes an injury prone receive that cant stay on the field.

is what it is

Plus, don't forget his weak mind and soul.  Your insights are uncanny.  I hope you like eating crow because I have a feeling you're going to get a big plateful after Ross proves you wrong.  It's like you WANT him to fail.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - fredtoast - 06-20-2018

is what it is

John Ross played his first two seasons in college without missing a game. In fact his sophomore year he started three games on defense.

He missed 2015 with an injury but recovered so well that he had 19 tds and 1600+ All Purpose yards his senior year.  He was injured agin in the bowl game against Alabama.

Three of the last 5 years he has been healthy.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - HarleyDog - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: John Ross played his first two seasons in college without missing a game. In fact his sophomore year he started three games on defense.

He missed 2015 with an injury but recovered so well that he had 19 tds and 1600+ All Purpose yards his senior year.  He was injured agin in the bowl game against Alabama.

Sounds reasonable. Doesn’t classify him as accident prone.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-20-2018

(06-16-2018, 03:27 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Spot on mate

Thank you sir.

(06-16-2018, 03:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 81973901.jpg]

LOL

(06-17-2018, 09:58 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I wish my body was that fragile:

[Image: john-ross-iii.jpg?w=640]

Yep, never understood the frail comment on Ross.

AJ Green looks ten times as skinny as Ross and he is a tough mutha.

(06-17-2018, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: [Image: 0b5.gif]

Hilarious

(06-17-2018, 02:41 PM)cooper Wrote: william jackson appears to be a very special player

let us have this discussion about Ross in 6 months

Agreed.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - McC - 06-20-2018

(06-18-2018, 02:24 PM)cooper Wrote: how do you know he will be fine..an injury prone receiver in college a draft pick wasted by the powers that be of the bengals..should have gone with offensive line last year

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  Any sane person has stopped bitching about that by now.

(06-19-2018, 08:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The best comments in the thread, IMO.

My hopes are that he does great.

But I expect that he'll be the 3rd or 4th WR going into the season and will likely fail to beat out LaFell in training camp. I can see him getting a few starts this year.

Ross is an exceptional talent athletically, but he's far from an exceptional football player. The two are not the same. There have been some average athletic guys who have been exceptional football players and since this is the game of football I'll take the football player every time. Ogbuehi was a better athlete than Whit but he's a down right p***y of a football player.

Can Ross block in the running and passing is a question I have. Does anyone know the answer to that?

Personally, if I were the coach, I'd assign him returner duty to get him on the field while he learns. He was a good returner in college.

This is not true at all.  Fast is just one thing he is.  He is a very good football player.

(06-20-2018, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: This is not true at all.  Fast is just one thing he is.  He is a very good football player.

You know it McC, Ross is not a track guy.

Anybody who does some research on him knows this, he had to work on his speed, he is a football player.

Always has been. Played DB for heck sake.

(06-20-2018, 06:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know it McC, Ross is not a track guy.

Anybody who does some research on him knows this, he had to work on his speed, he is a football player.

Always has been. Played DB for heck sake.

And he's working his ass off too and everybody talks about that.  And he's back in Cali working on his game with TJ.  Talent, motivation, work ethic.  I get that people are upset about last year.  But what's the harm in giving him a chance?  What's not to like about him?

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - bengalfan74 - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 07:17 PM)McC Wrote: And he's working his ass off too and everybody talks about that.  And he's back in Cali working on his game with TJ.  Talent, motivation, work ethic.  I get that people are upset about last year.  But what's the harm in giving him a chance?  What's not to like about him?

Exactly,

I'm pulling for him and think he'll contribute a lot this season.

(06-20-2018, 07:17 PM)McC Wrote: And he's working his ass off too and everybody talks about that.  And he's back in Cali working on his game with TJ.  Talent, motivation, work ethic.  I get that people are upset about last year.  But what's the harm in giving him a chance?  What's not to like about him?

The Ross haters will eat major crow if he can stay healthy and i pray to the Lord he does.

Dude is all class with amazing talent, he doesn't deserve all the hate that is thrown his way.

(06-20-2018, 07:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly,

Same here brother.

Seriously, people need to watch more of this guy's tape. Dude is frickin' electric when healthy.

(06-20-2018, 07:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly,

And I think you're right.  He's had ample time to rehab, and from what we've read, he was burning it up in camp.

is what it is

(06-20-2018, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: John Ross played his first two seasons in college without missing a game. In fact his sophomore year he started three games on defense.

Dude, you just got fredtoasted.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Socal Bengals fan - 06-20-2018

or you can look at the other side. he's been productive n good In only 1 out of the 5 years. didn't do much his freshman n sophomore years. I'm hoping he shines we could use some help

(06-20-2018, 11:09 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: or you can look at the other side.  he's been productive n good In only 1 out of the 5 years.  didn't do much his freshman n sophomore years.  I'm hoping he shines we could use some help

I don't like that other side, it is like California immigration LMAO!

Sorry brother!

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Shake n Blake - 06-21-2018

(06-17-2018, 06:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He'll be fine. The Bengals curse can't last forever. ...

Umm...  Nervous

(06-20-2018, 11:09 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: or you can look at the other side.  he's been productive n good In only 1 out of the 5 years.  didn't do much his freshman n sophomore years.  I'm hoping he shines we could use some help

I'm big on Ross, loved the pick, and even I will admit that the health questions are fair. That said, writing him off as Eifert 2.0 is silly at this point. 

I remember when everyone (other than me) was glad we signed the "iron-man" Leon Hall over the "fragile" Johnathan Joseph.

Leon goes on to tear both achilles and miss 23 games over the next 5 years. Meanwhile, Joseph has missed only 7 games in 7 seasons in Houston, making 2 Pro Bowls and is still playing at a high level, while the younger Hall has bounced around and is about washed up.

Point being, sometimes labels are too hastily applied.