Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross (/Thread-John-2-fast-2-film-Ross)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - BengalChris - 06-21-2018

(06-20-2018, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: This is not true at all.  Fast is just one thing he is.  He is a very good football player.

He caught 0% of the balls thrown to him last year while, at the same time, fumbling 100% of the times he touched the ball. That's with him appearing in 3 games.

As far as being a football player in the NFL goes, he's yet to show up. Didn't even learn the playbook last year. What kind of football player goes the whole year without actually learning the playbook?

And until he actually does show up, I'll continue to classify him as a guy who hasn't shown up as a football player.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Tiger Teeth - 06-21-2018

(06-21-2018, 02:08 AM)BengalChris Wrote: He caught 0% of the balls thrown to him last year while, at the same time, fumbling 100% of the times he touched the ball. That's with him appearing in 3 games.

As far as being a football player in the NFL goes, he's yet to show up. Didn't even learn the playbook last year. What kind of football player goes the whole year without actually learning the playbook?

And until he actually does show up, I'll continue to classify him as a guy who hasn't shown up as a football player.

I understand your concerns, and can't dispute them.  I just hope he "shows up" this year and changes your opinion.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - HarleyDog - 06-21-2018

(06-20-2018, 09:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Dude, you just got fredtoasted.

[Image: 8eb5ba53-5608-4c04-9039-ea3c6e5b1de8.jpg...L300__.jpg]

(06-21-2018, 07:02 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 8eb5ba53-5608-4c04-9039-ea3c6e5b1de8.jpg...L300__.jpg]

Hilarious

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - McC - 06-21-2018

(06-21-2018, 02:08 AM)BengalChris Wrote: He caught 0% of the balls thrown to him last year while, at the same time, fumbling 100% of the times he touched the ball. That's with him appearing in 3 games.

When he does well this year, I'll be waiting for your I knew it all along.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - SHRacerX - 06-21-2018

(06-20-2018, 07:17 PM)McC Wrote: And he's working his ass off too and everybody talks about that.  And he's back in Cali working on his game with TJ.  Talent, motivation, work ethic.  I get that people are upset about last year.  But what's the harm in giving him a chance?  What's not to like about him?

The only thing that can stand in his way is Marv.  And I don't think Marv having egg on his face would prevent him from getting a real shot.  I think Marv would spin it as "He needed to grow up and get completely healthy last year".  

Every time I bring up thoughts about this, there are a few random posters (not always named Fred) that say something to the effect of "You don't know what you are talking about", "they want to win", and my absolute fav:  "You don't know football".

I know coaches are some of the biggest egomaniacs on the planets, right up there with thoracic surgeons.  I believe that Lazor is smart enough to know he needs Ross out there opposite AJ from Day 1 and if he excels as OC, he could be the one in line to succeed Marv.  I don't think Marv can impact Lazor the way he could Zampese.  Just my two cents.  Hoping to see him on the field, the first snap of the regular season, take a simple swing pass 75 yards for a TD.  Then Green goes off because the Colts turn their attention to Ross.

Man, I would be sooooo pumped.  

(06-21-2018, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hoping to see him on the field, the first snap of the regular season, take a simple swing pass 75 yards for a TD.  Then Green goes off because the Colts turn their attention to Ross.

Man, I would be sooooo pumped.  

That would make me dance around the living room!  I can't wait for Ross to bust his first long TD either.  Hope it happens the way you described it.   :andy:

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Shake n Blake - 06-21-2018

(06-21-2018, 02:08 AM)BengalChris Wrote: 1. He caught 0% of the balls thrown to him last year while, at the same time, fumbling 100% of the times he touched the ball. That's with him appearing in 3 games.

As far as being a football player in the NFL goes, he's yet to show up. 2. Didn't even learn the playbook last year. What kind of football player goes the whole year without actually learning the playbook?

1. Yeah, and what a big sample size that was. 2 targets and 1 fumble where the defender objectively got a perfect hit with his helmet on the ball. If this is what you consider evidence, you probably wanted to convict before the trial even started.

2. He wasn't allowed to participate in team activities until June 13th due to NFL rules (he had to wait for final exams). He was finishing 3 classes, so obviously he had less time time to cram his head in a playbook. Also, who said he didn't know it for "a whole year"? I've seen Ross imply he didn't know it when he arrived to the team. Not that he didn't know it deep into the season.

--------

I understand frustration over his rookie season, I really do. Who wouldn't be frustrated? That said, you have to look at everything objectively. He was obviously not 100% healthy, he got a very late start on team activities and immersing himself in the playbook - and this wasn't entirely his fault, it was just circumstances. Then you have a coordinator switch after 2 games last year... There was just a LOT working against Ross last year.

The 3 plays you mention prove zilch in the long run. With a full off-season and being 100% (knock on wood) - NOW is when we can fairly get a good idea of who he really is. 

(06-21-2018, 12:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Yeah, and what a big sample size that was. 2 targets and 1 fumble where the defender objectively got a perfect hit with his helmet on the ball. If this is what you consider evidence, you probably wanted to convict before the trial even started.

2. He wasn't allowed to participate in team activities until June 13th due to NFL rules (he had to wait for final exams). He was finishing 3 classes, so obviously he had less time time to cram his head in a playbook. Also, who said he didn't know it for "a whole year"? I've seen Ross imply he didn't know it when he arrived to the team. Not that he didn't know it deep into the season.

--------

I understand frustration over his rookie season, I really do. Who wouldn't be frustrated? That said, you have to look at everything objectively. He was obviously not 100% healthy, he got a very late start on team activities and immersing himself in the playbook - and this wasn't entirely his fault, it was just circumstances. Then you have a coordinator switch after 2 games last year... There was just a LOT working against Ross last year.

The 3 plays you mention prove zilch in the long run. With a full off-season and being 100% (knock on wood) - NOW is when we can fairly get a good idea of who he really is. 

Great post Shake!  Very good points.  I wish everyone who's doubting about Ross would read this.   ThumbsUp

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - cooper - 06-21-2018

we needed two offensive linemen last year and the bengals pick often injured John Ross in the first round.. speed was not an issue in college..route recognition was

guy could not even run a simple down and out n the games he did participate in ..lewis benched him

but he will be great this year..LOL

wasted first round pick

(06-20-2018, 09:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Dude, you just got fredtoasted.

lol@ 3 outta five years healthy..impressive

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - HarleyDog - 06-21-2018

Ross will deliver this year. I think he struggled a tad with too much and didn't handle it well. Now he's had uninterupted time to focus on Ross. Practicing with TJ, learning the playbook, working hard in practice. All signs this kid will come ready to play. Also, one thing we have as a team we didn't last year which will substantially help him out is confidence, pride and good vibes from the players. Last year, it was a sinking ship and they were all looking for the first life boat to get the hell out of town. Not all players felt that way, but you could tell the moral was lower than we've ever witnessed I'm sure.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - sandwedge - 06-21-2018

(06-21-2018, 03:12 PM)cooper Wrote: we needed two offensive linemen last year and the bengals pick often injured John Ross in the first round.. speed was not an issue in college..route recognition was

guy could not even run a simple down and out n the games he did participate in ..lewis benched him

but he will be great this year..LOL

wasted first round pick

What O-lineman was worth the 9th pick of that draft?

(06-21-2018, 03:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What O-lineman was worth the 9th pick of that draft?

You're wasting your time with him, he hates Ross, and that isn't going to change.  Even if he does great this year.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-21-2018

(06-21-2018, 03:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What O-lineman was worth the 9th pick of that draft?

There wasn't one. Maybe if we traded back, maybe.

But still, happy John Ross is a Bengal and i expect big things from him.

(06-21-2018, 05:47 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're wasting your time with him, he hates Ross, and that isn't going to change.  Even if he does great this year.

Probably correct Tiger Teeth.

RE: John '2 fast 2 film' Ross - Socal Bengals fan - 06-21-2018

wasn't Ramzyck from Wisconsin pretty damn good last year.  and a first rounder.

lol@ poor Ross..had to study too hard to graduate..did not have enough time to get his head into the playbook..and yes, the morale was low on the club to begin with..and the person stating the morale on the club was low..certainly hung out with the team and knew this LOL

any more excuses?

should have taken someone like Ramzyck in the 1st round

yep

(06-21-2018, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There wasn't one. Maybe if we traded back, maybe.

But still, happy John Ross is a Bengal and i expect big things from him.

Probably correct Tiger Teeth.

we needed offensive linemen..could have traded back..we did not need some often injured receiver in the first round..not Ross' fault..poor drafting by bengals

lol@ Hating ross..never met the dude

(06-21-2018, 03:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ross will deliver this year. I think he struggled a tad with too much and didn't handle it well. Now he's had uninterupted time to focus on Ross. Practicing with TJ, learning the playbook, working hard in practice. All signs this kid will come ready to play. Also, one thing we have as a team we didn't last year which will substantially help him out is confidence, pride and good vibes from the players. Last year, it was a sinking ship and they were all looking for the first life boat to get the hell out of town. Not all players felt that way, but you could tell the moral was lower than we've ever witnessed I'm sure.

hes eating better, taking self improvement classes and taking his parents out to eat weekly

dude was no different than any other draft pick and their struggles