Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - J24 - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Okay, so that's just proof of what I've been saying about Kirkpatrick, he was our 4th best corner last year and Adam Jones is a better option for the team.

Against AJ, Dre was out of position badly and AJ was wide, wide open.

Dre could have made a play on that ball to Ross, but his head wasn't turned and he gave up on it. That won't happen against defenses the team will face during the season.
Dude that's just plain hating.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BURROWorBUST - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:27 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude that's just plain hating.

LOL, I'm not sure. Dre looked like he was dogging it. 

[Image: dd6b97ecde4ca35f2294ad062f550ab2.jpg]

Seriously though, I don't think it's a bad thing. He knows he's going to start. He's just easing his way into things. AJ embarrasses alot of guys better than Dre, but I'm pulling for Dre to keep getting better. He does have some strengths to go with his weaknesses. He's tall and lanky, making it hard for him to play under control, and changing directions is not easy for him. If he can learn to play with greater body control, it would help him tremendously. Easier said than done, though.

I might be biased, I'll admit. Dre strikes me as a good guy. He started getting involved in the Cincinnati community as soon as he got drafted. Dude does alot of service. Those sorts of things make me want to pull for a player. That kind of investment speaks to a certain degree of loyalty to the city. That's pretty rare today. In football, like in most everything else these days, "ain't nothin personal." It's strictly business (making money).

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SYLVIA - 07-27-2018

Westerman is not playing until Sat. according to team dr.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SHRacerX - 07-27-2018

(07-26-2018, 07:22 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I seriously would love to drop a few bucks in Vegas in favor of the Bengals winning the SB. Odds are probably ridiculous.

They were 100-1 for Super Bowl, same as Dalton winning MVP.  I bet on both.  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SHRacerX - 07-27-2018

(07-26-2018, 06:36 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: There are. We saw them start towards the end of last season. Lord only knows wtf this staff is thinking  Whatever

I believe I read something about Westerman having a virus and Fisher had some other NFI (non-football injury) but it wasn't serious.  

We can relax about the starting depth chart day 1.  It has always, and will always, change. 

I am putting my money on Redmond winning the RT spot and Westerman winning the RG spot.  I really like the idea of those two together on the right side.  Fisher is the first tackle off the bench.  

Redmond may be the long shot at RT, but if he is truly given a shot, I think he will impress.  Can't wait to see him get some snaps there in preseason games.  6'5". 330 lbs, 33" arms, and a nasty attitude.  He is exactly what we need at RT.  Oh, and he is 23 years old.  Can you imagine having that spot shored up heading in to next year's draft?  Wow.  It would really be helpful and they could go after a playmaking LB.  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 07:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They were 100-1 for Super Bowl, same as Dalton winning MVP.  I bet on both.  

Dude, one is almost a lock for the other. Nice bet.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-27-2018

Wide Receivers Stand Out In First Day Of Camp

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/07/26/2018-cincinnati-bengals-training-camp/842566002/

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:02 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's a TD pass to Green and then the bomb to Ross back to back, starting at 20 seconds. Dre Kirk got beat on both, which would be sad, but look at the throws/routes: AJ's was a dime thrown over his outside shoulder, which is impossible to defend, and then he had Ross covered, but Ross turned on the turn boosters at the last second to make the catch with outstretched arms.

Both VERY impressive throws by Dalton!

I'm PUMPED UP!

(07-27-2018, 02:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Okay, so that's just proof of what I've been saying about Kirkpatrick, he was our 4th best corner last year and Adam Jones is a better option for the team.

Against AJ, Dre was out of position badly and AJ was wide, wide open.

Dre could have made a play on that ball to Ross, but his head wasn't turned and he gave up on it. That won't happen against defenses the team will face during the season.

That's exactly what I was going to say about the Ross TD; Dre was basically with him and if this was in a game, he would've made a play, so that doesn't worry me (when you can reach out and touch the guy, arm NOT fully extended, you would make a play).

Can't see the AJ TD so I'm not sure.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalD - 07-27-2018

(07-26-2018, 11:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: New 7th round draft pick, Rod Taylor (Guard) injures knee.  Damn.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lots-chances-bengals-lewis-16th-try-playoff-win-221558150--nfl.html
Man that sucks.  I know not everybody is going to make the team but O-line was a place that's a must improve.  Be nice to have all those dudes to choose from or put on the practice squad.  Taken off on a cart is not a good sign.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Whatever - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 08:57 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Wide Receivers Stand Out In First Day Of Camp

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/07/26/2018-cincinnati-bengals-training-camp/842566002/

Yeesh.  3 bad snaps on Price on Day 1.  He needs to get that squared away ASAP.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 09:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yeesh.  3 bad snaps on Price on Day 1.  He needs to get that squared away ASAP.

I have confidence he will. After watching billy throughout his college career, this may be the best thing that could have happened. He is a self motivated, self disciplined young man. He will get it fixed with the quickness. But It’s day 1. Tons of time.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:02 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's a TD pass to Green and then the bomb to Ross back to back, starting at 20 seconds.  Dre Kirk got beat on both, which would be sad, but look at the throws/routes: AJ's was a dime thrown over his outside shoulder, which is impossible to defend, and then he had Ross covered, but Ross turned on the turn boosters at the last second to make the catch with outstretched arms.

Both VERY impressive throws by Dalton!

I'm PUMPED UP!

Thanks Brad, for whatever reason i couldn't see a vid on the twitter feed provided. Great passes from Dalton, looks
really good out there as does John Ross, Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon. We all know AJ looks good but Dre seemed to
quit on his catch, he was nowhere to be seen. On the Ross catch Dre was right on him but what a nice dime Dalton
dropped in there to Ross. Looks like they are getting some good chemistry. Boyd is looking great in the Slot.

I think the best thing about these highlights is how the Line is playing much more aggressive like Lap said.

Price will get it together, going against Geno, Dunlap and Lawson has to be an eye opener when they are right in
your face. These are 3 of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - XenoMorph - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 09:16 AM)BengalD Wrote: Man that sucks.  I know not everybody is going to make the team but O-line was a place that's a must improve.  Be nice to have all those dudes to choose from or put on the practice squad.  Taken off on a cart is not a good sign.

Well the only positive is he goes to reserve for next year and we can take a look at whats on the market that can add to the team.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalChris - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:27 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude that's just plain hating.

Nah, I just call it how I see it. AJ had at least 3 yards of separation on Dre. In the NFL that is like throwing at a 20 foot high dart board with the center dot being 4 feet around. A blind man could have connected with AJ on that play.

Dre gets beat, then he starts to get grabby, which is why he gets penalized so much. Adam Jones is a better corner even though he's aging.

What is sad is that the team will low ball Dennard (if they even offer him a contract) and there will go our 2nd best corner at the end of this season.

EDIT: Yes, I AM beating up on Dre Kirkpatrick. He needs to play better and smarter so that he's in position and not getting grabby. And with Ross, well ya know how I feel about that pick. The regular season will be his chance to show he's a football player.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - fredtoast - 07-27-2018

(07-26-2018, 09:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote:  Meant nothing come actual games.

(07-27-2018, 02:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: so that's just proof of what I've been saying

Typical pre-season logic.

Something happens that proves me wrong....."Preseason is meaningless."

Something happens that supports my opinion...."Preseason is proof."

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalChris - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Typical pre-season logic.

Something happens that proves me wrong....."Preseason is meaningless."

Something happens that supports my opinion...."Preseason is proof."

Hahaha, well you do have a point there.

But with Kirkpatrick I have several years of real game experience to go off of, so it's not like I'm just making shit up.

With Ross, he's yet to prove himself. Over the past 3 seasons he only has a catch in one of them. And Kirkpatrick could have made a play on that ball, but didn't. What was said about Ross' 50 TD doesn't match what was in the video. What I saw in the video was that Dre has a chance at getting a really nice pass defended there, but he let up. Why he did that I will not speculate, but he did let up and he did have a really good opportunity to make a nice play there.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Luvnit2 - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 01:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hahaha, well you do have a point there.

But with Kirkpatrick I have several years of real game experience to go off of, so it's not like I'm just making shit up.

With Ross, he's yet to prove himself. Over the past 3 seasons he only has a catch in one of them. And Kirkpatrick could have made a play on that ball, but didn't. What was said about Ross' 50 TD doesn't match what was in the video. What I saw in the video was that Dre has a chance at getting a really nice pass defended there, but he let up. Why he did that I will not speculate, but he did let up and he did have a really good opportunity to make a nice play there.

The same reason receivers are told not to dive for balls in camp applies to the defensive players too.

It is stupid making a play in camp and risking major injury. Smart decision by Dre.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - fredtoast - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 01:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: But with Kirkpatrick I have several years of real game experience to go off of, so it's not like I'm just making shit up.

In 2015 Pac was one of the top 5 CBs in the league, but over the last two seasons Dre has played better than him.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - 3wt - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The same reason receivers are told not to dive for balls in camp applies to the defensive players too.

It is stupid making a play in camp and risking major injury. Smart decision by Dre.
I'll take smart all day long.   I'm excited about what I'm hearing about him and from him.  He could surprise and be worth his pay this year.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - J24 - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 01:16 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hahaha, well you do have a point there.

It's training camp man there not going all out.