Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BoomerFan - 07-27-2018

(07-26-2018, 11:46 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Dalton to Ross

https://www.lockedonbengals.com/bengals/watch-andy-dalton-finds-john-ross-for-a-50-yard-touchdown/

Nice little play action to Joe Mixon at the front end of that too. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - XenoMorph - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:48 AM)Shady Wrote: LOL, I'm not sure. Dre looked like he was dogging it. 

[Image: dd6b97ecde4ca35f2294ad062f550ab2.jpg]

Seriously though, I don't think it's a bad thing. He knows he's going to start. He's just easing his way into things. AJ embarrasses alot of guys better than Dre, but I'm pulling for Dre to keep getting better. He does have some strengths to go with his weaknesses. He's tall and lanky, making it hard for him to play under control, and changing directions is not easy for him. If he can learn to play with greater body control, it would help him tremendously. Easier said than done, though.

I might be biased, I'll admit. Dre strikes me as a good guy. He started getting involved in the Cincinnati community as soon as he got drafted. Dude does alot of service. Those sorts of things make me want to pull for a player. That kind of investment speaks to a certain degree of loyalty to the city. That's pretty rare today. In football, like in most everything else these days, "ain't nothin personal." It's strictly business (making money).

Non Contract Drills....  He was in good position both plays  had they been a real game he has a chance to make a play on both.

Not much of a reason to risk injury in the preseason..

Dre has made some great plays for us....  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - GreenCornBengal - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Non Contract Drills....  He was in good position both plays  had they been a real game he has a chance to make a play on both.

Not much of a reason to risk injury in the preseason..

Dre has made some great plays for us....  

Agreed, Saavy vets aren’t going to dive for the ball on TC day 1.

Dalton’s release looked slow and relaxed as well. I wouldn’t read too much into any of yesterday’s performances.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:06 PM)3wt Wrote: I'll take smart all day long.   I'm excited about what I'm hearing about him and from him.  He could surprise and be worth his pay this year.

Sure sounds like Dre loves his new DC in Austin.

Hope he starts playing well enough to earn that contract he got, that would be quite nice.

He can be a playmaker he just needs to get more consistent, hope this happens under Austin.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-27-2018

Per Katherine Terrell via twitter:

Bengals just did 1x1 drills. John Ross looked good beating Dre Kirkpatrick deep. Matt Barkley ... did not look good.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 04:40 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Per Katherine Terrell via twitter:

Bengals just did 1x1 drills. John Ross looked good beating Dre Kirkpatrick deep. Matt Barkley ... did not look good.

Keep it up Ross. Sounds like he is really gaining some confidence. Rock On

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-27-2018

Jeremy Rauch via twitter:

Carl Lawson is wrecking off the edge. Cordy Glenn just grabbed his jersey to keep him from "sacking" Dalton. @FOX19 #Bengals

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Shake n Blake - 07-27-2018

Found some highlights with news/recap on YouTube. Video starts at the 0:53 mark:

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - XenoMorph - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 04:40 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Per Katherine Terrell via twitter:

I get the matt barkley connection to the new OC...

But...  I dont think anyone can say hes an upgrade over even 2 unknowns in driskel and woodside.

I mean the NFL knows what Barkley can do.... At least these other guys aren't on tape lol

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - McC - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Okay, so that's just proof of what I've been saying about Kirkpatrick, he was our 4th best corner last year and Adam Jones is a better option for the team.

Against AJ, Dre was out of position badly and AJ was wide, wide open.

Dre could have made a play on that ball to Ross, but his head wasn't turned and he gave up on it. That won't happen against defenses the team will face during the season.

Oh yes it will.

Via Katherine Terrell:

I think it says a lot that William Jackson has been on AJ Green most of the day. Then once he wasn’t, Green made an awesome catch.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - fredtoast - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I get the matt barkley connection to the new OC...

But...  I dont think anyone can say hes an upgrade over even 2 unknowns in driskel and woodside.

I mean the NFL knows what Barkley can do....   At least these other guys aren't on tape lol

Since 2013 when Barkley entered the league there are 70 QBs with at least 250 attempts.  Matt Barkley ranks 69th in passer rating (63.7).

Thank you DeShone Kizer

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BFritz21 - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Okay, so that's just proof of what I've been saying about Kirkpatrick, he was our 4th best corner last year and Adam Jones is a better option for the team.

Against AJ, Dre was out of position badly and AJ was wide, wide open.

Dre could have made a play on that ball to Ross, but his head wasn't turned and he gave up on it. That won't happen against defenses the team will face during the season.

Are you serious?!  Dre was in PERFECT position!  How else could he have defended that?!  Like I said, Dalton dropped a dime over his outside shoulder, which is easy to defend if you're 6'7 with a vertical like LeBron James, but otherwise that's just a perfect offensive play.  If he was on the outside of AJ, then Andy could have just thrown the ball anywhere to the inside of the field and let AJ go get it.

The one to Ross, his head was turned and he did have his arms out, but then Ross just made that burst at the last second, which, when a guy as fast as Ross does that, there's not much you can do.  

Be excited about the play from Dalton and Ross, not disappointed by the play by Dre!

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Caped Crusader - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:41 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Via Katherine Terrell:

I think it says a lot that William Jackson has been on AJ Green most of the day. Then once he wasn’t, Green made an awesome catch.

I can only see the benefit of this. A great player against a soon to be great player. I see more reason for AJ to improve as do I with WillJack. This is GREAT for us. 

I really believed WillJack was the most impressive corner we have ever drafted. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Caped Crusader - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since 2013 when Barkley entered the league there are 70 QBs with at least 250 attempts.  Matt Barkley ranks 69th in passer rating (63.7).

Thank you DeShone Kizer

Let us hope that outside of preseason we NEVER have to see Mr. Barkley. 

(07-27-2018, 05:41 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Via Katherine Terrell:

It does say a lot, Will Jax is a legitimate stud Corner...

(07-27-2018, 05:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are you serious?!  Dre was in PERFECT position!  How else could he have defended that?!  Like I said, Dalton dropped a dime over his outside shoulder, which is easy to defend if you're 6'7 with a vertical like LeBron James, but otherwise that's just a perfect offensive play.  If he was on the outside of AJ, then Andy could have just thrown the ball anywhere to the inside of the field and let AJ go get it.

The one to Ross, his head was turned and he did have his arms out, but then Ross just made that burst at the last second, which, when a guy as fast as Ross does that, there's not much you can do.  

Be excited about the play from Dalton and Ross, not disappointed by the play by Dre!

This is what i saw...

(07-27-2018, 05:51 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I can only see the benefit of this. A great player against a soon to be great player. I see more reason for AJ to improve as do I with WillJack. This is GREAT for us. 

I really believed WillJack was the most impressive corner we have ever drafted. 

But wait there’s more!

Via jeremy Rauch:

Last two battles between AJ Green and William Jackson III:

Pass breakup and overthrow.

WJ3 is all over him. @FOX19 #Bengals

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Sled21 - 07-27-2018

Everyone hating on Dre because AJ made a catch in non- contact first day drills need to get grip on reality. These are set up so the QB and the receivers work on timing. DB's are not supposed to press coverage, tie up legs and get people hurt. Did you not hear Gruden say "Don't touch the merchandise?"

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - psychdoctor - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I get the matt barkley connection to the new OC...

I mean the NFL knows what Barkley can do....   At least these other guys aren't on tape lol

Ya, I am sort of hoping Driskel knocks him off the team.  I am not a Barkley fan at all.  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - psychdoctor - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Found some highlights with news/recap on YouTube. Video starts at the 0:53 mark:

Nice Shake.  Walton looked good.  Dalton hot-and-cold so nothing new there.  They said Price looked really good.  I did not hear anything about Wilson, Westerman, Hubbard, or Brown.