Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-27-2018

Paul Denher Jr on Billy Price:

No issues with snaps under center, but one shotgun snap went over Dalton's head.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-27-2018

Brandon Saho:

AJ Green, Brandon LaFell, John Ross, Tyler Boyd... the Bengals WR room is filled with talent. At 6:20 on @WLWT, hear why Marvin Lewis says the competition is good and LaFell is "feeling the heat" from the young guys.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BoomerFan - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:52 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Let us hope that outside of preseason we NEVER have to see Mr. Barkley. 

I have no problems with him getting some snaps in the fourth quarter of game where we are up 42-3. Unless it is against the Steelers in which case I'd say let's try for a few more TDs. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Caped Crusader - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 06:50 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I have no problems with him getting some snaps in the fourth quarter of game where we are up 42-3. Unless it is against the Steelers in which case I'd say let's try for a few more TDs. 

These are great points. I would like to re-adjust my prior statement then. 

Day two recap

https://www.lockedonbengals.com/bengals/a-training-camp-recap-day-two/

Another day 2 recap

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/07/26/2018-cincinnati-bengals-training-camp/842566002/

Jeremy Rauch:

William Jackson III: "I feel like I'm an elite guy. I would love to travel with the No. 1 receiver. I feel like I'm that type of guy." #Bengals @fox19

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Found some highlights with news/recap on YouTube. Video starts at the 0:53 mark:

Thanks to this vid, I watched this one. Very interesting and can't say I disagree on many points. Gotta say the breakdown of the defense was cool.  Hilarious

Jeremy Rauch:

George lloka: "Our goal is Super Bowl. No one buzzed about Philadelphia. Everyone jumped on like, 'oh we knew.' You still have to play. Otherwise, hit the simulation button like it's Madden." @fox19 #Bengals

(07-27-2018, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thanks to this vid, I watched this one. Very interesting and can't say I disagree on many points. Gotta say the breakdown of the defense was cool.  Hilarious

Watched this this morning. Not bad takes but I was disappointed they didn’t say anything about the offensive line. Should have been topic #1.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 07:48 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Watched this this morning. Not bad takes but I was disappointed they didn’t say anything about the offensive line. Should have been topic #1.

I agree. Andy kinda got a bad rap and the OL wasn't mentioned. That was one of the things that I didn't agree with. He's gonna do some special things this year as they start getting it together. Sacks will be a surprise, not an expectation.

Training camp report. Dave Lapham says Christian westerman got food poisoning and lost a 12 lbs.

https://www.bengals.com/video/training-camp-report-july-27-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everyone hating on Dre because AJ made a catch in non- contact first day drills need to get  grip on reality. These are set up so the QB and the receivers work on timing. DB's are not supposed to press coverage, tie up legs and get people hurt. Did you not hear Gruden say "Don't touch the merchandise?"

Hmm, I think folks like to hate on Dre, because he's never lived up to his "swag" nickname coming from 'Bama.  He's an average CB, that is all.  He's had some good games, but overall nothing special in his body of work in the NFL.

Look at him this way. Of good Bengal CBs of the past 10-15 years, who is he better than? Jonathan Joseph, nope. Leon Hall, nope. Adam Jones, nope. Deltha O'neal, nope. William Jackson, nope. Darquez Dennard, nope. There are probably another couple that I'm forgetting about, but you can clearly see the point I'm aiming at, right?

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 08:20 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Training camp report. Dave Lapham says Christian westerman got food poisoning and lost a 12 lbs.

https://www.bengals.com/video/training-camp-report-july-27-2018

Hey brother, have a brewski you have done a great job on the updates today.

BTW, like the new Bengal Brain avi.

Like that good ole Billy got the snaps down when Dalton is under Center, then had a high snap with the Shotgun...

Dude is so smart and talented, just happy he is getting this stuff corrected so early. Great Shotgun Center in college,
just not any to reason to worry so far knock on wood.

Love hearing about the WR core, Ross and Boyd look particularly good which is just awesome.

Will Jax is the real deal, he isn't talking shit either. It is simply the truth.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 08:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I think folks like to hate on Dre, because he's never lived up to his "swag" nickname coming from 'Bama.  He's an average CB, that is all.  He's had some good games, but overall nothing special in his body of work in the NFL.

He is getting beat bad deep by Ross too which he usually is a good CB at not getting beat deep.

Just a very inconsistent Corner. But for all we know he could become that swag under Austin. Ross's speed is very rare
and it is only Training Camp without pads right now. I think he is getting a little too much flack at this point even though
i truly believe Dennard is the better CB. Hope we pay that guy.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - McC - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 07:48 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Watched this this morning. Not bad takes but I was disappointed they didn’t say anything about the offensive line. Should have been topic #1.

NFLN's specialty is telling part of the story.  If you operate in thirty second intervals, that's what happens.  And Tiki Barber is a fool.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Jhowdy54 - 07-27-2018

Love how Boyd has already passed up Laffell. Green Boyd and Ross need to be our 1-2-3.

Per Katherine Terrell:

Notes on the guys doing conditioning work: FWIW, Eifert doesn't seem to have any problem doing sprints, etc. He actually looked pretty smooth running. But with a back problem, it's hard to tell. Burfict seemed winded yesterday and didn't seem to do much conditioning work today.

Another observation: if the backup QB play stays as erratic as it was today, there's big trouble if Dalton goes down. Not like I'm saying anything earth shattering, but it was not a good day for them.

Other random observations: Thought Lawson, who was lined up as RDE whenever I watched him, was more than holding his own against Cordy Glenn. There was at least one bad exchange between Price and Dalton. Seems like Mixon and Bernard were involved in the passing game a lot today

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-28-2018

(07-27-2018, 10:01 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Per Katherine Terrell:

Notes on the guys doing conditioning work: FWIW, Eifert doesn't seem to have any problem doing sprints, etc. He actually looked pretty smooth running. But with a back problem, it's hard to tell. Burfict seemed winded yesterday and didn't seem to do much conditioning work today.

Another observation: if the backup QB play stays as erratic as it was today, there's big trouble if Dalton goes down. Not like I'm saying anything earth shattering, but it was not a good day for them.

Other random observations: Thought Lawson, who was lined up as RDE whenever I watched him, was more than holding his own against Cordy Glenn. There was at least one bad exchange between Price and Dalton. Seems like Mixon and Bernard were involved in the passing game a lot today

The Teddy Bridge thought could be in play if Driskel doesn't look like last year.

Understandable with Glenn and Lawson, the Law is the exact type of pass rusher to give a guy that size trub.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nicomo Cosca - 07-28-2018

(07-27-2018, 08:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I think folks like to hate on Dre, because he's never lived up to his "swag" nickname coming from 'Bama.  He's an average CB, that is all.  He's had some good games, but overall nothing special in his body of work in the NFL.

Look at him this way. Of good Bengal CBs of the past 10-15 years, who is he better than? Jonathan Joseph, nope. Leon Hall, nope. Adam Jones, nope. Deltha O'neal, nope. William Jackson, nope. Darquez Dennard, nope. There are probably another couple that I'm forgetting about, but you can clearly see the point I'm aiming at, right?

I don’t even think Fred can argue with this. Well put, Sunset.