Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Sled21 - 07-28-2018

(07-27-2018, 08:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I think folks like to hate on Dre, because he's never lived up to his "swag" nickname coming from 'Bama.  He's an average CB, that is all.  He's had some good games, but overall nothing special in his body of work in the NFL.

Look at him this way.  Of good Bengal CBs of the past 10-15 years, who is he better than?  Jonathan Joseph, nope.  Leon Hall, nope.  Adam Jones, nope.  Deltha O'neal, nope.  William Jackson, nope.  Darquez Dennard, nope.  There are probably another couple that I'm forgetting about, but you can clearly see the point I'm aiming at, right?

I get that, and though I don't think  Dre is as bad as he's made out to be.... (how many times have we seen him bust it from the other side of the field to save a touchdown) , that's really not the point. Even if one believed he's an average corner, hating on him because of AJ making catches on him in non-contact first week training camp, where the main goal is not to get anyone like AJ hurt is, simply, ridiculous. There is plenty to criticize people about, this isn't one of them. Again, I try to be fair to the players and coaches and owner. There's enough to legitimately complain about without making stuff up.....

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 08:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I get that, and though I don't think  Dre is as bad as he's made out to be.... (how many times have we seen him bust it from the other side of the field to save a touchdown) , that's really not the point. Even if one believed he's an average corner, hating on him because of AJ making catches on him in non-contact first week training camp, where the main goal is not to get anyone like AJ hurt is, simply, ridiculous. There is plenty to criticize people about, this isn't one of them. Again, I try to be fair to the players and coaches and owner. There's enough to legitimately complain about without making stuff up.....

I never said a word about him giving up catches to AJ Green in practice.  Green is a superstar, he makes pro bowl corners look average in live games.  I'm speaking more to Dre's complete body of work.  Like I said, he's had some good games, but he also makes enough head scratching plays to raise the question of his consistency.

Perhaps new DC Austin will scheme the secondary to maximize Dre's strengths, rather than leaving him vulnerable to getting beat?  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 07-28-2018

Today is pad day.

Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - ochocincos - 07-28-2018

OL Rod Taylor to IR with torn ACL. Tweeted out by Jim O. just a few minutes ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 09:29 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Today is pad day.

I’m not judging but isn’t that usually a female thing? Big Grin

Looking forward to the trench work updates today!

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 09:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: OL Rod Taylor to IR with torn ACL. Tweeted out by Jim O. just a few minutes ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel for the kid. I’ll be pulling for him next season.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Goalpost - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 09:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote:   I'm speaking more to Dre's complete body of work.  

Yea. 80 career games and 10 interceptions is kind of meh.  I think he is capable of better.  I will say he has been fairly durable though missing only 5 games in 5 years.  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Jason_NC - 07-28-2018

Bring back the Oklahoma drill!!!

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - grampahol - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 09:40 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Feel for the kid. I’ll be pulling for him next season.

Being a 7th round pick doesn't bode well for his future. I guess it'll depend greatly on how much faith the team has in his ability to come back next year . Its not like there was some huge bidding war for his slot in the draft.. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - TSwigZ - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 09:52 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Yea. 80 career games and 10 interceptions is kind of meh.  I think he is capable of better.  I will say he has been fairly durable though missing only 5 games in 5 years.  

Not to mention i think he had 2 vs Peyton Manning in a rare prime time win back when Jeremy Hill actually looked like an nfl running back

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalChris - 07-28-2018

(07-27-2018, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The same reason receivers are told not to dive for balls in camp applies to the defensive players too.

It is stupid making a play in camp and risking major injury. Smart decision by Dre.

Very possibly.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Jhowdy54 - 07-28-2018

Anyone else super pumped for Tyler Boyd. We talk about John Ross taking that next step but we also spent a 2nd rounder on Tyler Boyd. Maybe how last season ended got his confidence way up.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalChris - 07-28-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are you serious?!  Dre was in PERFECT position!  How else could he have defended that?!  Like I said, Dalton dropped a dime over his outside shoulder, which is easy to defend if you're 6'7 with a vertical like LeBron James, but otherwise that's just a perfect offensive play.  If he was on the outside of AJ, then Andy could have just thrown the ball anywhere to the inside of the field and let AJ go get it.

The one to Ross, his head was turned and he did have his arms out, but then Ross just made that burst at the last second, which, when a guy as fast as Ross does that, there's not much you can do.  

Be excited about the play from Dalton and Ross, not disappointed by the play by Dre!

In the pic below the ball has just arrived in AJ's hands. This is the position of AJ Green and the ball has traveled all the way there and Kirkpatrick is?

[Image: Wide_Open_AJGreen.jpg]

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BenZoo2 - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 09:40 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’m not judging but isn’t that usually a female thing? Big Grin

Looking forward to the trench work updates today!

Depends on game flow

Per John Sheeran:

some notes

-pollack says the right things, and we'll see how that translates when pads go on
-boyd taking #2 reps to me says they're looking at a housh/henry relationship with boyd and ross, which is #fine
-double moves w/ no pads/contact is stupidly unfair. speed kills.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Fan_in_Kettering - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 12:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Depends on game flow

...and if you’re on your first or second string.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 07-28-2018

(07-28-2018, 09:40 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’m not judging but isn’t that usually a female thing? Big Grin

(07-28-2018, 12:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Depends on game flow

(07-28-2018, 12:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and if you’re on your first or second string.

It could get bloody out there.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - jj22 - 07-28-2018

(07-27-2018, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thanks to this vid, I watched this one. Very interesting and can't say I disagree on many points. Gotta say the breakdown of the defense was cool.  Hilarious

Dalton stood face to face with Clowney and took him head on to make the td saving open field tackle after the Ross fumble. Dalton always would make a tackle on an Int/fumble return, but I haven't seen him do it much since the injury.

Thanks for the vid. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-28-2018

Tiki Barber is a fool, no mention of the O-line at all and this guy used to be a RB?

I like what the other guy said about the Defense. I don't want them to be bad anymore i want them to be badass.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - impactplaya - 07-28-2018

Tiki forgot to.do.his homework.
Ken Zampese derailed everyones season from the start and the offense could never recover.
Mixon never got into a flow.
Hill would get x amount of carries then Mixon would get some touches
but by that time Bengals would be down 17 3 and have to change pass run ratio.
Tiki forgot to mention the Bengals oline coach too who didnt help matters