Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-29-2018

Per Katherine Terrell:

They’re playing C’mon Ride the Train by Quad City DJs and Brandon LaFell was dancing to it. 90s throwback

They’re playing Sandstorm by Darude. I feel like I’m in a dance club in 1999 ?

Per Paul Dehner Jr:

Somebody got a hold of an old Jock Jams CD, I assume see how players handle adversity.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-29-2018

Per Jeremy Rauch:

John Ross gets a major "ooooo" and "aaaah" from the crowd every time he touches the ball....

It's only day 4 of camp. This guy has everyone buzzing. @FOX19 #Bengals

Billy Price gets a big lead block for Joe Mixon who breaks off a big run for a would-be TD.

Glimpse of great from the O-line. @FOX19 #Bengals

Per Katherine Terrell:

Nice deep ball from Barkley to Ross in 7x7 work.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - pally - 07-29-2018

Per Paul Dehner

Josh Malone tweaked a hammie

and John Ross is killing it

Per Jeremy Rauch:

.@fantastik_willo chases AJ Green 35 yards step for step and bats down a perfect ball from Andy Dalton at its peak.

This guy is good. #Bengals @FOX19

Per Paul Dehner Jr:

Looks like WR Josh Malone (who has had a stellar camp thus far) tweaked his left hamstring. He’s icing up, appears done for the day.

Another day where John Ross shows off something special. After a great early period, he hits over the top of the first team wide open.

Per Jeremy Rauch:

Carlos Dunlap just flashed with a batted down ball and INT on Dalton (much like he did vs Colts for TD) #Bengals @FOX19

Per Lindsay Patterson:

John Ross out here making moves during camp.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nicomo Cosca - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 04:53 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Per Jeremy Rauch:

John Ross gets a major "ooooo" and "aaaah" from the crowd every time he touches the ball....

It's only day 4 of camp. This guy has everyone buzzing. @FOX19 #Bengals

Billy Price gets a big lead block for Joe Mixon who breaks off a big run for a would-be TD.

Glimpse of great from the O-line. @FOX19 #Bengals

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4302478]

Per Katherine Terrell:

Andy Dalton is fiesty this year ?. He was picked off by Carlos Dunlap who ran it back for a touchdown and he jokingly ran after him and jumped on him. Dunlap dove into the end zone. Dalton has jokingly chased over defenders more than once this week

Per jermey Rauch:

Carlos Dunlap on what he sees with Frank Pollack and going against his O-line:

"He's making them into fighters."

Said he sees a huge difference. @FOX19 #Bengals

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - wildcats forever - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 06:00 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Per jermey Rauch: 

I now have something to live for .... Seriously, for this O-line, what could be better? 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Millhouse - 07-29-2018

Good to hear, sounds like they are moving away from PA's teachings...

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BenZoo2 - 07-29-2018

I went down to camp and here are some of my thoughts.

I didn't see woodside or baker and a few others. After back reading a little, I see why.
Mason shreck was out there with the tight ends.
The first drill I saw the dbs and lbs do was working on stripping the ball, trying to punch it out. The turnover mantra is real.
Preston brown looks like a big upgrade on minter. This probably isn't a shocker.
I think wj3 has a great year.
Ross definitely has more confidence this year. And does look to have a better burst when he needs it than last year.
Tyler Boyd had a good day also.
Trayvon Henderson with a nice int/pass defense. I am not he caught it from where I sat.
The db group as a whole looks deep and we get better still with some more experience. Side note, I was thrilled when they traded up last year for Brandon Wilson. I think today was my first time seeing him live, in pads. The dude stockier than I expected.
The d line looks deep also.
Carl Lawson worked exclusively with the dl.
Auden Tate will be a difficult cut if he doesn't make the team. I see a red zone threat, 3rd down chain mover.
I think Jessie bates contributes this year too.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - bengalfan74 - 07-29-2018

Good to hear !

Mike Brown isn't going to like sending back those 57 cases of ketchup.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalFanInNJ - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 07:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I went down to camp and here are some of my thoughts.

I didn't see woodside or baker and a few others.  After back reading a little, I see why.
Mason shreck was out there with the tight ends.
The first drill I saw the dbs and lbs do was working on stripping the ball, trying to punch it out.  The turnover mantra is real.  
Preston brown looks like a big upgrade on minter.  This probably isn't a shocker.
I think wj3 has a great year.
Ross definitely has more confidence this year.  And does look to have a better burst when he needs it than last year.
Tyler Boyd had a good day also.
Trayvon Henderson with a nice int/pass defense.  I am not he caught it from where I sat.
The db group as a whole looks deep and we get better still with some more experience.  Side note, I was thrilled when they traded up last year for Brandon Wilson.  I think today was my first time seeing him live, in pads.  The dude stockier than I expected.
The d line looks deep also.
Carl Lawson worked exclusively with the dl.
Auden Tate will be a difficult cut if he doesn't make the team. I see a red zone threat, 3rd down chain mover.
I think Jessie bates contributes this year too.

I read that Lawson is going to be considered a DE and not a LB. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Go Cards - 07-29-2018

Heck Yes !

John Ross vs WJIII

https://www.lockedonbengals.com/bengals/watch-john-ross-vs-william-jackson-iii/

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - rfaulk34 - 07-29-2018

Did anyone else see the move Boyd made on a defender during the recap with Lap and Hoard?

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiick

I hate that all these reports and videos are starting to make something deep inside me churn up...something that has been dormant for a couple years.  Rant Excited Rant

Tyler Boyd’s ride to opportunity:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/07/29/tyler-boyds-wild-ride-opportunity/860736002/

Bengals day at camp. First day in full pads, Carlos and John ross impress video and article

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/07/26/2018-cincinnati-bengals-training-camp/842566002/