Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - pally - 08-02-2018

We've talked a lot about Lazor and Pollack's impact on the offense. Looks like another positive change came about with Bob Bicknell as the new WR coach. Development of those young receivers is way overdue.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 05:44 PM)pally Wrote: We've talked a lot about Lazor and Pollack's impact on the offense.  Looks like another positive change came about with Bob Bicknell as the new WR coach.  Development of those young receivers is way overdue.

No doubt, i keep forgetting Bicknell's name for some reason but i have been impressed with his coaching so far
and he has been successful on many teams with his Receivers. Seems like a clear upgrade over Urban...

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nicomo Cosca - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It IS Geno Atkins though, i mean he can do that to Travis Frederick....

Exactly. Let’s not worry unless it’s scrubs doing it to him.

Sounds like bad snaps have been his biggest issue so far.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - XenoMorph - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 05:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: The only concern I have is Price getting blown up. Hopefully by the time we get to real games he'll have that out of his system.

Geno just welcoming him to the NFL... After a Summer vs Geno he should be ready to go.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalFanInNJ - 08-02-2018

The way to get better is to continuously go up against someone who is better than you. Best way to learn. If Price becomes successful against Geno, he will be successful against anyone else in the league.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Big Boss - 08-02-2018

If anything, Price's snap issues are the bigger concern.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 05:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly. Let’s not worry unless it’s scrubs doing it to him.

Sounds like bad snaps have been his biggest issue so far.

Yeah which is understandable never playing under Center before.

(08-02-2018, 05:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Geno just welcoming him to the NFL... After a Summer vs Geno he should be ready to go.

(08-02-2018, 05:55 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The way to get better is to continuously go up against someone who is better than you. Best way to learn. If Price becomes successful against Geno, he will be successful against anyone else in the league.

Yes siree, no one is better than this guy...

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-02-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-02-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - McC - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 06:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

AJ ain't really a blowin' smoke kind of guy, so if he's saying it, he's meaning it.   Lotta offensive pieces seemingly in place. 

Keep telling myself not to get too pumped so soon and I have a harder time believing myself every day. 

I don't ever like to think in terms of what I might think I deserve, but man, as Bengal fans, we have paid our price in tears and broken shit and the walls they bounced off of.

And you, RD, you ain't got an ounce of quit in you.  I had to order a new rep button cuz I wore out the first one on you.  Loving every link, every quote. 

Is it just me or is nobody saying anything bad?  What's up with that?

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - psychdoctor - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 05:58 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If anything, Price's snap issues are the bigger concern.

this worries me a bit.  I don't recall this ever was an issue at OSU but maybe because the QB was in pistol or shot gun formation.   

(08-02-2018, 08:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: this worries me a bit.  I don't recall this ever was an issue at OSU but maybe because the QB was in pistol or shot gun formation.   

Yeah he just never had the QB right under Center before. I am not worried though, dude is smart and one hell
of a hardworker. Price will get it down. Knew it was going to take some time with him and we need to have some
patience with our rookie stud Center. He will be a stud, sure of it.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 05:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: The only concern I have is Price getting blown up. Hopefully by the time we get to real games he'll have that out of his system.

If Price wasn't that good, they wouldn't be challenging him with a future HOFer in Geno Atkins.  That's just Geno's way of saying "welcome to the league, kid".

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - fredtoast - 08-02-2018

Bodine also had problems with snaps his rookie training camp, but that was never a problem during regular season. Bodine had plenty of other issues, but I don't recall any botched snaps.

(08-02-2018, 08:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Price wasn't that good, they wouldn't be challenging him with a future HOFer in Geno Atkins.  That's just Geno's way of saying "welcome to the league, kid".

Yep, Geno is the best already, gonna take some time to get to handle the best.

Every O-lineman has problems with Geno Sackins.

PAY THE MAN!!!

(08-02-2018, 08:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bodine also had problems with snaps his rookie training camp, but that was never a problem during regular season.  Bodine had plenty of other issues, but I don't recall any botched snaps.

I could be wrong but i think the snaps Bodine was having trouble with were Shotgun snaps.

Bit different if this is the case. Plus the Defense sees a difference in physicality from this new O-line.

I am pretty sure Price is a big part of that.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Bilbo Saggins - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 08:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bodine also had problems with snaps his rookie training camp, but that was never a problem during regular season.  Bodine had plenty of other issues, but I don't recall any botched snaps.

They were a problem for him each year aside from his contract year. He miraculously fixed his snap problem right when it was almost new contract time.