Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-03-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-03-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 08-03-2018

(08-03-2018, 09:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Gotta say, If I was a player and there were no changes made this year? I would have planted his ass into the practice field! But, good sign players are starting to believe. [Image: dO89fQF.gif]

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 08-03-2018

(08-03-2018, 10:51 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Ok, I've been drinking and watched this video. Does Dan Hoard look like Robin? You know, like from "Batman and Robin? Look at his glasses. The lip, or hook on the arms doesn't go over the ears. This pulls the front lenses tighter to his eyes. When he turns sideways to Lap, it almost looks like a eye mask. Like he's trying to be a bad ass. Big head, small glasses. He is skinny Yo, so, I guess he could be Boy Wonder, but I don't think so. Although he is wearing a Bengals shirt, so this year? He possibly could be a Super Hero. I mean serious, since we are gonna destroy "The Legion of Doom" called the entire NFL this year, it makes sense. 

Wear those friggin glasses Hoard. However, if any players walk onto the field wearing tights? I think I'm going to watch Nascar.  Hilarious

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Go Cards - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 08:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Poor snaps usually means Price is thinking ahead a bit.  rushing his thinking.  He probably has his mind spinning from the playbook.

Playbook and oh s#!+ here comes Geno again. 

No doubt that he cleans it up either. 

But he had better because there really is no plan B and we will never see another Center drafted early again either if he fails. 

No pressure though. lol  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-04-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Luvnit2 - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 02:38 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Playbook and oh s#!+ here comes Geno again. 

No doubt that he cleans it up either. 

But he had better because there really is no plan B and we will never see another Center drafted early again either if he fails. 

No pressure though. lol  

I find it interesting fans who hated on Bodine brush off snap issues with our #1 pick. A center who puts the ball on the ground at all snapping is just like a receiver who can't catch a football. The receiver can be fast and get open easily, but if the QB can't count on him to make the catch, he is useless.

Yes, this is a big deal and Price needs to fix it prior to game one.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it interesting fans who hated on Bodine brush off snap issues with our #1 pick. A center who puts the ball on the ground at all snapping is just like a receiver who can't catch a football. The receiver can be fast and get open easily, but if the QB can't count on him to make the catch, he is useless.

C'mon man, what's with all the negative vibes?  Transitioning from almost exclusively doing shotgun snaps to mostly under center is exactly that, a transition.

Don't be such a wet blanket.   LOL

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Go Cards - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it interesting fans who hated on Bodine brush off snap issues with our #1 pick. A center who puts the ball on the ground at all snapping is just like a receiver who can't catch a football. The receiver can be fast and get open easily, but if the QB can't count on him to make the catch, he is useless.

Agree it is a big deal, but only if it is still happening by or in regular season. 

Think he will have a good grasp before then. 

We do have to consider his injury set him back from learning this new technique some as well.   

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't be such a wet blanket.   LOL

[Image: cat-playing-with-blanket.gif]

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SHRacerX - 08-04-2018

(08-02-2018, 04:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Excited to hear Redmond is getting snaps on the right side.  Maybe a release of Hart could be coming if we think he can win it?

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Luvnit2 - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, what's with all the negative vibes?  Transitioning from almost exclusively doing shotgun snaps to mostly under center is exactly that, a transition.

Don't be such a wet blanket.   LOL

Just being a realist, excusing a center for bad snaps under center or in shotgun for any reason will not fix the issues. As I stated, he needs to fix it quickly and by regular season. The snap is basic football 101, we can't turn the ball over due to bad snaps and expect to win games and get back to the playoffs.

I loved the pick, I think he can be a great asset, but I won't dismiss his weaknesses because he is a rookie or played more in shotgun of late. He is also get blown up by both Billings and Geno early, so a lot of work needed prior to game one. He has a load of potential, but potential is just that so he needs to prove he can take the potential and dominate in the NFL. I think he will, but I also think he will have some hiccups his rookie year.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SHRacerX - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 08:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Price is an extremely smart young man. I doubt this happens much longer but if it does and it starts to get into
his head it could be bad i agree. Hope this gets cleaned up as soon as possible same as you, just think with never
having to do this before it is his first time doing this part of football 101. For him football 101 was the Shotgun.

I am not worried about Price at all.  He will have it down by the first preseason game.  And as far as Geno blowing him up on a play?  Good.  He never experienced a guy that size with that kind of power from down low in college.  The only place he will see it in the NFL is if he lines up against Aaron Donald (Super Bowl?) but it is very good practice for him to not underestimate the strength of a shorter guy like Geno.

Price is exactly what we needed at the center position, and he was probably the strongest overall linemen in the draft.  He has the attitude and skills we need to FINALLY get a rushing attack.  

I am MUCH more worried about the RT position.  The only highlight I saw of Fisher would have been flagged for holding.  I hope Redmond gets a real good look here.  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Sweetness - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just being a realist, excusing a center for bad snaps under center or in shotgun for any reason will not fix the issues. As I stated, he needs to fix it quickly and by regular season. The snap is basic football 101, we can't turn the ball over due to bad snaps and expect to win games and get back to the playoffs.

I loved the pick, I think he can be a great asset, but I won't dismiss his weaknesses because he is a rookie or played more in shotgun of late. He is also get blown up by both Billings and Geno early, so a lot of work needed prior to game one. He has a load of potential, but potential is just that so he needs to prove he can take the potential and dominate in the NFL. I think he will, but I also think he will have some hiccups his rookie year.

People weren't down on Bodine during training camp his rookie year. People were down after years of him being terrible with no improvement.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Tiger Teeth - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 11:06 AM)Sweetness Wrote: People weren't down on Bodine during training camp his rookie year. People were down after years of him being terrible with no improvement.

Heard that!   ThumbsUp

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Tiger Teeth - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just being a realist, excusing a center for bad snaps under center or in shotgun for any reason will not fix the issues. As I stated, he needs to fix it quickly and by regular season. The snap is basic football 101, we can't turn the ball over due to bad snaps and expect to win games and get back to the playoffs.

If he starts doing things like this, I'll start to be concerned:

[Image: nosnap.0.gif]

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Synric - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Excited to hear Redmond is getting snaps on the right side.  Maybe a release of Hart could be coming if we think he can win it?

Redmond was at RG Fisher at RT. It looks like Redmond is getting as much of a shot at RG as Westerman and Hopkins.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - redwood - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 12:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The band was average, but the song is a classic. 

The Animals were at TIMES outstanding, other times a bit annoying.  
that said..... ' Rising Sun " was a game changer. Many of y'all were not around in the mid 60's but  it was a beginning  of a golden age of Rock music  and  people were getting an acoustic guitar and learning ' The House Of the Rising Sun".  Music mainly had been happy love songs aimed at 15 yr olds. they got older.. and wanted deeper stuff.    Back then.... THIS was deep, intense.