Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - ochocincos - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what we have been needing though is another TJ.......  As good as Chad was him and TJ together was just great.  gotta have that other guy... 

TJ generally had more catches I think but chad the bigger plays.

Chad’s toe-tapping sideline grabs were a thing of beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Luvnit2 - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 11:06 AM)Sweetness Wrote: People weren't down on Bodine during training camp his rookie year. People were down after years of him being terrible with no improvement.

I am rooting for Price to be an all pro and agree going against Geno will only help him. I just don't want to lose a game because of a center turnover, as bad as Bodine was blocking (he was bad), he never lost us a game due to a bad snap to my knowledge over 4 years or so.

I hope soon we can take for granted Price will not put the ball on the ground, it is one of the green's fees to becoming a great center.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - grampahol - 08-04-2018

Hmmm.. I'm wondering just exactly how long it'll take after the first bad snap in a real game for those who have all the faith in world the in Price to suddenly turn on him and declare him a bust. I'm pretty sure I can count the seconds on one or two fingers. lol
I'm pretty much expecting a few bad snaps here and there which doesn't necessarily equate to a bust. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SHRacerX - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 11:20 AM)Synric Wrote: Redmond was at RG Fisher at RT. It looks like Redmond is getting as much of a shot at RG as Westerman and Hopkins.

I know, but I thought (before his illness) that Westerman was a no-brainer at RG (no idea what they see in Hopkins unless he is suddenly a much better fit for Pollack's scheme) and I liked the idea of Westerman at RG and Redmond at RT.  I actually think it is Redmond's best possible position.  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Shake n Blake - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I find it interesting fans who hated on Bodine brush off snap issues with our #1 pick. A center who puts the ball on the ground at all snapping is just like a receiver who can't catch a football. The receiver can be fast and get open easily, but if the QB can't count on him to make the catch, he is useless.

Yes, this is a big deal and Price needs to fix it prior to game one.

Have to agree, and I loved the Price pick. Most of what I've heard about Price is that he's having snap issues and he's been blown up several times. For once, it'd be nice to hear that our top pick is lighting it up in camp.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - wildcats forever - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 12:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Have to agree, and I loved the Price pick. Most of what I've heard about Price is that he's having snap issues and he's been blown up several times. For once, it'd be nice to hear that our top pick is lighting it up in camp.

He will light up more than his share before it's over and done with. Consider this: Rimington Award winner or not, he's a rookie. And how many rookies make it through their first season mistake-free? If he's as good as advertised, and Pollack is the coach as advertised, then all we have to worry about is all of the negative-inclined fans harping on something that will ultimately not be a problem. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - pally - 08-04-2018

Bengals have signed free-agent CB CJ Goodwin.....I guess they have moved on from Adam Jones

Jim Owczarski

Verified account

@JimOwczarski
Following Following @JimOwczarski
More
Can confirm the C.J. Goodwin signing for the #Bengals. The 28-year-old is 6-4, 220 pounds. Played 14 games last year for Atlanta and Arizona. Played in Pittsburgh in 2014.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Beaker - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 12:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hmmm.. I'm wondering just exactly how long it'll take after the first bad snap in a real game for those who have all the faith in world the in Price to suddenly turn on him and declare him a bust. I'm pretty sure I can count the seconds on one or two fingers. lol
I'm pretty much expecting a few bad snaps here and there which doesn't necessarily equate to a bust. 

Price could have a bad snap in each of his first 8 games and I wouldnt consider him a bust. I think you have to look long term and not harp on rookie mistakes. I may start to question Pollack as an OL coach if Price is still having snap issues mid season....but thats another issue.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Sweetness - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: Bengals have signed free-agent CB CJ Goodwin.....I guess they have moved on from Adam Jones

I for one will be happy to never see Adam Jones in a Bengals uniform again. Guy is an embarrassment on and off the field. 

Quickly glancing at this guys college and NFL history I doubt this effects if they would bring back Jones.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Chezaugie - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 01:30 PM)pally Wrote: Bengals have signed free-agent CB CJ Goodwin.....I guess they have moved on from Adam Jones

Jim Owczarski

Verified account

@JimOwczarski
Following Following @JimOwczarski
More
Can confirm the C.J. Goodwin signing for the #Bengals. The 28-year-old is 6-4, 220 pounds. Played 14 games last year for Atlanta and Arizona. Played in Pittsburgh in 2014.

Camp body.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Bengalitis - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 01:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: Price could have a bad snap in each of his first 8 games and I wouldnt consider him a bust. I think you have to look long term and not harp on rookie mistakes. I may start to question Pollack as an OL coach if Price is still having snap issues mid season....but thats another issue.

For the first 8 games, all rookies get a pass for rookie mistakes, it's only fair.   Coffee

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-04-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Bengalitis - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, what's with all the negative vibes?  Transitioning from almost exclusively doing shotgun snaps to mostly under center is exactly that, a transition.

Don't be such a wet blanket.   LOL

The play starts at center, if it can't be done, it's over.  I don't remember having so many issues with any Bengal center before with snaps as much as Price...  most of the problems with a few past centers have been AFTER the snap. There still time..  just concerning.  Someone from the organization needs to SPEED DIAL, RICH BRAHAM and coach PRICE... ASAP... why? because seize the dey! that's why. :andy:

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Luvnit2 - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 01:17 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: He will light up more than his share before it's over and done with.  Consider this: Rimington Award winner or not, he's a rookie. And how many rookies make it through their first season mistake-free? If he's as good as advertised, and Pollack is the coach as advertised, then all we have to worry about is all of the negative-inclined fans harping on something that will ultimately not be a problem. 

I was not harping nor am I a negative fan. However, I am a fan that could care less if a rookie or a vet, don't fumble the snap. I don't recall anyone suggesting it was a long term issue or saying he would be a bust if he fumbles a few snaps in 2018. I said if he fumbles a snap and we lose as a result, I will not be a happy fan.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 02:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

AJ's pal (LaFell)was released and that was the worst decision already for this season, it will come back and haunt us I think. LaFell has playoff and super bowl experience (very much needed for a playoff winless team). Also, when you are AJ's buddY on the field, you have each other's vibes and produce instinctively... just like Chad and TJ.   I have serious doubt when the pads come on, the pressure of the game and on top of that, the hits, that it will bring our rookies to reality, they are not gonna be as productive as they seem now.  TBD.

PS. His salary was MB's problem. Tongue

This is a problem, folks.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nicomo Cosca - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 02:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:45 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just being a realist, excusing a center for bad snaps under center or in shotgun for any reason will not fix the issues. As I stated, he needs to fix it quickly and by regular season. The snap is basic football 101, we can't turn the ball over due to bad snaps and expect to win games and get back to the playoffs.

I loved the pick, I think he can be a great asset, but I won't dismiss his weaknesses because he is a rookie or played more in shotgun of late. He is also get blown up by both Billings and Geno early, so a lot of work needed prior to game one. He has a load of potential, but potential is just that so he needs to prove he can take the potential and dominate in the NFL. I think he will, but I also think he will have some hiccups his rookie year.

Again, if you just thought Price would go from only doing Shotgun snaps to a seamless transition to snaps
under Center you sure were expecting a lot. He will get it down and don't even start to compare him with
Bodine. He had a free ride here with no competition and years to get better.

You seem like you are not even giving Price the start of Training Camp.

He is still a rookie, i gave Bodine a pass for being a rookie, i will do the same with Price.

BTW, happy hearing about my boy Billings blowing O-lineman up.

(08-04-2018, 11:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not worried about Price at all.  He will have it down by the first preseason game.  And as far as Geno blowing him up on a play?  Good.  He never experienced a guy that size with that kind of power from down low in college.  The only place he will see it in the NFL is if he lines up against Aaron Donald (Super Bowl?) but it is very good practice for him to not underestimate the strength of a shorter guy like Geno.

Price is exactly what we needed at the center position, and he was probably the strongest overall linemen in the draft.  He has the attitude and skills we need to FINALLY get a rushing attack.  

I am MUCH more worried about the RT position.  The only highlight I saw of Fisher would have been flagged for holding.  I hope Redmond gets a real good look here.  

Geno is just so strong, he is stronger than Aaron Donald. Couldn't go against a better DT to get Price ready.

On Redmond, just wondering if he can move quick enough in pass protection. I too was wanting to see him get a
shot there with his length and power. Actually saw Og make a nice block on Dunlap and i honestly do not care who
it is at RT as long as it is the best we have.

(08-04-2018, 11:20 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If he starts doing things like this, I'll start to be concerned:

[Image: nosnap.0.gif]

Is this the Center they didn't replace with Ragnow and then put Ragnow at RG?

(08-04-2018, 11:21 AM)redwood Wrote: The Animals were at TIMES outstanding, other times a bit annoying.  
that said..... ' Rising Sun " was a game changer. Many of y'all were not around in the mid 60's but  it was a beginning  of a golden age of Rock music  and  people were getting an acoustic guitar and learning ' The House Of the Rising Sun".  Music mainly had been happy love songs aimed at 15 yr olds. they got older.. and wanted deeper stuff.    Back then.... THIS was deep, intense.

Yes, i think their main vid of HOTRS was on the Lawrence Welk Show and they had to wear suits.

You could see them smirking the entire song, it was blatant rebel.

The Animals were definately not "I want to hold your hand" Beatles at the time.