Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - GreenCornBengal - 08-04-2018

Lol i can already sense the sky is falling mentality from the media with the snaps. Cryptic pissy tweets from those folks.

Here is top hoping it doesn't last long, but I'm gonna take it lightly until its happening in games. Then I'm all for cryptic pissy tweets!

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Luvnit2 - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 04:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol i can already sense the sky is falling mentality from the media with the snaps. Cryptic pissy tweets from those folks.

Here is top hoping it doesn't last long, but I'm gonna take it lightly until its happening in games. Then I'm all for cryptic pissy tweets!

It is early in preseason so no sky is falling. But we don't need a botched snap or dropped pass by a wide open Ross being the norm. Let's hope we can look back and say, yeah told you Price would fix and yeah told you Ross would become best #2 WR in the NFL

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-04-2018

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/4/17651232/5-takeaways-from-scrimmage-at-bengals-family-dey

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - GreenCornBengal - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 04:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is early in preseason so no sky is falling. But we don't need a botched snap or dropped pass by a wide open Ross being the norm. Let's hope we can look back and say, yeah told you Price would fix and yeah told you Ross would become best #2 WR in the NFL

Oh I agree with you. But I think some of the urgency and irritation from media/fans rubs off on players quickly. The whole John Ross scenario of last season is a haunting memory of this. Some guys are mentally fragile (IDK about Price, but starting to feel this way with Ross) where it is almost better to just ignore the bad then to talk about it... yeesh i know. We need a team counselor quick.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 04:30 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Yeah, these are the good old days ha ha.

Seriously though, the Offense was bound to have a few bad days eventually, they were lighting it up early.

We have a formidable Defense, namely that D-line. I can understand Price getting antsy, could happen to anyone
going against Geno Atkins and the emerging Andrew Billings. He will get it down and Ross will clean up the drops.

Had great hands in college, not worried... yet.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-04-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 04:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is early in preseason so no sky is falling. But we don't need a botched snap or dropped pass by a wide open Ross being the norm. Let's hope we can look back and say, yeah told you Price would fix and yeah told you Ross would become best #2 WR in the NFL

I'm sure your right. It's a concern, yes. However, gotta trust these guys to work it out. After all, that's what practice is for. I will add, this has been the best preseason coverage ever. Or at least to me I guess.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nicomo Cosca - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 05:05 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4295060]

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Tiger Teeth - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is this the Center they didn't replace with Ragnow and then put Ragnow at RG?

Not sure.  I just found it on Google, and thought it was funny.  It might be though.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 05:36 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Not sure.  I just found it on Google, and thought it was funny.  It might be though.

It is hilarious, talk about not being on the same page. Hilarious

Think the Lions are screwing up not putting Ragnow at Center, i know there Center was one of the worst last year,
almost as bad as Bodine. Pretty wild how they are not addressing it when Guards are a dime a dozen compared to
good Centers, happy we addressed Center finally.

Just hope he gets those under Center snaps down, come on Billy. Calm down pal.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SYLVIA - 08-04-2018

I would like someone that has been to practice tell me how the line looked where did Redmon and Westerman play, did Redmond get a chance at tackle? In an article I read had Westerman and Fisher playing the right side, that was the ones. Someone help me out.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - psychdoctor - 08-04-2018

A few things:

1-usually problems between center and QB is a psychological issue rather than a mechanical issue. Usually means the game is moving too fast and Price has his attention on a broader scale. There are psychological tests that Sport Psychologist use (I being one) to measure how well an athlete can shift his or her attention from broad-global view to narrow-specific (detail) view. If this problem persists, it means that Price psychologically has issues shifting his attention and awareness. There are some attention-concentration techniques that can be used to help this issue. Experience will slow the game down some. Do not be surprised if this is ongoing issue for the rookie year.

2-If Price cannot fix this, then the logical next step would to move him to RG.

3-I am hearing the Hopkins and Hart have been starting RG and RT respectively. If this holds up for the season I will be disappointed that Westerman has not panned out over three years. I said in another thread not to count out Hart at RT.

4-I'm still have hopes that Fisher and OG can contribute meaningfully. But I now have doubts that either will be with the team down the road.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Go Cards - 08-05-2018

Do not mind the Defense winning a day in practice.

The troubling thing is that offense seemed to shoot their own foot in lieu of just getting beat.

That is very troubling ! If the season was starting tomorrow that is.

But it is very early and this is exactly when you want this to happen, so it can be worked on eagerly.

This is one of the things practice is for.

Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - ochocincos - 08-05-2018

Price only played C in 12 games in college and snapped exclusively out of shotgun. He’s inexperienced. He also wasn’t going to be able to participate in OTAs due to recovery from injury. This was all known before he set foot into PBS. If the Bengals really wanted a C who would hit the ground running, they should have found a way to get Ragnow, but that’s in the past. We just have to hope the snap issues get figured out over the next 5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-05-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 09:55 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Good to read that Worley is doing some good things.  At least one positive, from an otherwise forgettable scrimmage.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - bengalfan74 - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 01:51 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Do not mind the Defense winning a day in practice.

The troubling thing is that offense seemed to shoot their own foot in lieu of just getting beat.

That is very troubling !  If the season was starting tomorrow that is.    

But it is very early and this is exactly when you want this to happen, so it can be worked on eagerly.

This is one of the things practice is for.

Agree,

I'm not to concerned, yet. It's still early. Lots of new faces, pieces, coaches, and schemes.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Luvnit2 - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 09:55 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

This is first I have heard of Bobby Hart making some noise at RT, good to hear someone is being mentioned at RT to compete with Fisher and others. I also loved to see ML having some fun with the prank he pulled. Camp is a grind so all need to have some fun at times.