Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-05-2018

(08-04-2018, 06:24 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I would like someone that has been to practice tell me how the line looked where did Redmon and Westerman play, did Redmond get a chance at tackle? In an article I read  had Westerman and Fisher playing the right side, that was the ones.  Someone help me out.

I wasn't there but all i have heard is that Redmond is exclusively playing RG so far lined up next to Fisher.

Westerman has been playing RG but not as much, i think they are taking it slowly with him after the illness.

This is just what i heard, haven't been able to really watch the Line much in the vids, but it does look more aggressive.

(08-04-2018, 07:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: A few things:

1-usually problems between center and QB is a psychological issue rather than a mechanical issue. Usually means the game is moving too fast and Price has his attention on a broader scale.  There are psychological tests that Sport Psychologist use (I being one) to measure how well an athlete can shift his or her attention from broad-global view to narrow-specific (detail) view.  If this problem persists, it means that Price psychologically has issues shifting his attention and awareness.  There are some attention-concentration techniques that can be used to help this issue.  Experience will slow the game down some.  Do not be surprised if this is ongoing issue for the rookie year.  

2-If Price cannot fix this, then the logical next step would to move him to RG.  

3-I am hearing the Hopkins and Hart have been starting RG and RT respectively.  If this holds up for the season I will be disappointed that Westerman has not panned out over three years.  I said in another thread not to count out Hart at RT.

4-I'm still have hopes that Fisher and OG can contribute meaningfully.  But I now have doubts that either will be with the team down the road.

We need you at PBS Psych. Mellow

ASAP!

(08-05-2018, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Price only played C in 12 games in college and snapped exclusively out of shotgun. He’s inexperienced. He also wasn’t going to be able to participate in OTAs due to recovery from injury. This was all known before he set foot into PBS. If the Bengals really wanted a C who would hit the ground running, they should have found a way to get Ragnow, but that’s in the past. We just have to hope the snap issues get figured out over the next 5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on Ocho, would i have taken Ragnow over Price? Yes, for these very reasons but that is spilt milk.

Price has a bigger upside with his run blocking prowess so i still love the pick. It will take some time.

Always thought it would, this is honestly a bit expected, atleast from me.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Bengalitis - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 09:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Price only played C in 12 games in college and snapped exclusively out of shotgun. He’s inexperienced. He also wasn’t going to be able to participate in OTAs due to recovery from injury. This was all known before he set foot into PBS. If the Bengals really wanted a C who would hit the ground running, they should have found a way to get Ragnow, but that’s in the past. We just have to hope the snap issues get figured out over the next 5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not know this! So we picked a 1st round draft pick, who has only played 1 season at center and on top of that, snapped EXCLUSIVELY out of the shotgun and expect him to be our starter and anchor of the offense?
What kind of rationale is this? More like wishful thinking?   :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

Can we do an even trade with Detroit for Ragnow by next week??
We can add Detroit to our buddy list like Buffalo. :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - J24 - 08-05-2018

Personally wouldn't mind Price moving to RG and Westerman playing C. Also would like to know if Hopkins could play RT full time. I think that would be our best line personally.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 03:25 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I did not know this! So we picked a 1st round draft pick, who has only played 1 season at center and on top of that, snapped EXCLUSIVELY out of the shotgun and expect him to be our starter and anchor of the offense?
What kind of rationale is this? More like wishful thinking?   :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

Can we do an even trade with Detroit for Ragnow by next week??
We can add Detroit to our buddy list like Buffalo. :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: 

Price could end up being the best Center of all time with his talent.

Ragnow could be the most solid, but the Lions just put him at Guard and just heard Ryan Glasgow's bro is the starting
Center so i guess that is why they put him at Guard. Still like Price tons and am very happy with the pick. I believe there
was no other way to go, we made the right choice. We will just have to see how it pans out.

But the upside of Billy Price is the biggest i have seen out of a college Center....

Smart, insanely strong in the run game with a great anchor and great feet. It will just take time, Ragnow would be just
solid right off the bat and that is why i wanted him over Price for us right now.

(08-05-2018, 06:22 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Personally wouldn't mind Price moving to RG and Westerman playing C. Also would like to know if Hopkins could play RT full time.  I think that would be our best line personally.

Way too late for this to happen.

Plus Hopkins is no RT, he is a Guard and not that great of one, he is not better than Redmond or Westerman.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - bengalfan74 - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Price could end up being the best Center of all time with his talent.

Ragnow could be the most solid, but the Lions just put him at Guard and just heard Ryan Glasgow's bro is the starting
Center so i guess that is why they put him at Guard. Still like Price tons and am very happy with the pick. I believe there
was no other way to go, we made the right choice. We will just have to see how it pans out.

But the upside of Billy Price is the biggest i have seen out of a college Center....

Smart, insanely strong in the run game with a great anchor and great feet. It will just take time, Ragnow would be just
solid right off the bat and that is why i wanted him over Price for us right now.

Plus Hopkins is no RT, he is a Guard and not that great of one, he is not better than Redmond or Westerman.

I've heard many linemen and coaches talking about how a lot of college linemen coming to the pros are not ready for the pro game. I think it's a little early to hit the panic button on Price, to say the least.

(08-05-2018, 08:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've heard many linemen and coaches talking about how a lot of college linemen coming to the pros are not ready for the pro game. I think it's a little early to hit the panic button on Price, to say the least.

I'd say yes sir to that. Price will be a stud eventually, we just have to have some patience.

I know it is hard for us though, me included, i pray for it everyday...

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - bengalfan74 - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 08:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I'd say yes sir to that. Price will be a stud eventually, we just have to have some patience.

I know it is hard for us though, me included, i pray for it everyday...

Oh I think so to ! And I'm not saying he's a long term project, not at all. But to go from college to the pros and in just a couple weeks to have it 100% nailed it is expecting a little much. It's like going from T-ball to facing live pitching, it takes some reps.

Price will be just fine come regular season I do believe. And if not he can play guard and transition to C down the road.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-06-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 08-06-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Tiger Teeth - 08-06-2018

(08-05-2018, 08:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I think so to ! And I'm not saying he's a long term project, not at all. But to go from college to the pros and in just a couple weeks to have it 100% nailed it is expecting a little much. It's like going from T-ball to facing live pitching, it takes some reps.

Price will be just fine come regular season I do believe. And if not he can play guard and transition to C down the road.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalD - 08-06-2018

(08-04-2018, 04:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol i can already sense the sky is falling mentality from the media with the snaps. Cryptic pissy tweets from those folks.

Here is top hoping it doesn't last long, but I'm gonna take it lightly until its happening in games. Then I'm all for cryptic pissy tweets!

I'm down with a moratorium on Cryptic Pissy Tweets (now known as CPT's) until the regular season starts, but can we still have occasional crankiness and an every now and then ***** session? Sarcasm

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Sweetness - 08-06-2018

(08-06-2018, 09:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Paul Dehner Jr. is also the shmuck who, along with Mo Egger, mocked Bengals fans for talking about how bad the Oline and Offense was at the beginning of the 2016 season. Guy knows no more about football then my shoes. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - J24 - 08-06-2018

(08-05-2018, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Price could end up being the best Center of all time with his talent.

I don't understand how you can say Westerman or Redmond are better than Hopkins when they have played only what 2 games .Also Hopkins improved at the end of last season and one of his strengths is his versatility in playing other positions.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - ochocincos - 08-06-2018

This could be because Glasgow doesn't really have a shot at success at any other position in the NFL other than C whereas Ragnow was expected to be a solid-to-studly NFL player at both OG and C.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - pally - 08-06-2018

Burfict passes physical and is cleared to practice

(08-06-2018, 01:54 PM)pally Wrote: Burfict passes physical and is cleared to practice

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - fredtoast - 08-06-2018

(08-05-2018, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I wasn't there but all i have heard is that Redmond is exclusively playing RG 

I asked Jim O about Redmond playing RT and he said they wanted him 100% focused on RG for now.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Bengalitis - 08-06-2018

(08-06-2018, 01:54 PM)pally Wrote: Burfict passes physical and is cleared to practice

I bet this was top news at Pittsburgh land and alcohol consumption DRAMATICALLY went up ThumbsUp .

Good Post

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-06-2018

(08-05-2018, 08:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I think so to ! And I'm not saying he's a long term project, not at all. But to go from college to the pros and in just a couple weeks to have it 100% nailed it is expecting a little much. It's like going from T-ball to facing live pitching, it takes some reps.

True, i think Price might have some fumbles in the Preseason while he is learning to snap to different QB's.

He wasn't going to be perfect immediately and as you say is expecting a little much after never snapping under Center before.

Billy will get it down, just has to get his mind right and repeat the snaps the exact same way everytime.

(08-06-2018, 12:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't understand how you can say Westerman or Redmond are better than Hopkins when they have played only what 2 games .Also Hopkins improved at the end of last season and one of his strengths is his versatility in playing other positions.

I don't understand how you can watch Hopkins and Westerman and Redmond and not see who is clearly better...

(08-06-2018, 12:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This could be because Glasgow doesn't really have a shot at success at any other position in the NFL other than C whereas Ragnow was expected to be a solid-to-studly NFL player at both OG and C.

Yeah and Ragnow can even play RT with his length and size. Extremely versatile player. Wanted this guy in stripes.

Same with Wynn. Nothing against our boy Price.

(08-06-2018, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I asked Jim O about Redmond playing RT and he said they wanted him 100% focused on RG for now.

Cool Fred, thanks for the info. That will be quite a fight between him and Westerman i believe.

I like Hopkins as a versatile backup.