Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Go Cards - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am in no way, shape, or form counting on Eiff to have any kind of impact on this team this year. 

Yep, no telling how good the Bengals could have been if he could stay healthy and Tez could stay unsuspended and healthy. 

Two game changing talents who have missed a ton of games for Bengals. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - GreenCornBengal - 07-26-2018

I’m fine with Eifert being hurt honestly. I firmly believe that Tyler Kroft is the TE we need out there on Sundays.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-26-2018

(07-25-2018, 09:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Pro Football Weekly's predictions has us as having the worst record in the league next year at 4-12, one game behind the 5-11 Browns. They also have Geno Atkins not listed in the top-5 for INTERIOR defensive linemen. You know who they DO have? Cameron Heyward. Idiots.

(07-25-2018, 11:36 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Nope. Was reading the magazine as I was checking out of a grocery store. Couldn't believe it myself. They didn't even have Burfict in the top 20 for LB's. They actually had Kirkpatrick as "best of the rest" for CB though. 

Shocked  Wow, those are about some of the most idiotic things i have heard in quite awhile, that is worse then ESPN.

They don't know our good players at all it seems and didn't even look at our Offseason and Draft evidently. Geno is
definately one of the top if not the top 3-tech in the game, Burfict is a top 5 LB when healthy or not suspended.

We will win atleast 8 games this season.

(07-26-2018, 01:07 AM)Go Cards Wrote: As Lynyrd Skynyryrd once said …."People said he was useless, them people all were fools." 

On the bright side though there may be a profitable  over/under Vegas line to bet on Bengals for us believers. 

"Cuz Curtis Lowe was the greatest picker to ever play the blues."

(07-26-2018, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Eiffert tweaked back in spring and will start training camp on PUP per Rapoport.

Damn, oh well wasn't counting on him anyways, glad it was an incentive laden contract.

More snaps for Kroft, Uzi and Hewitt. Maybe Schreck gets a shot...

Should draft a pass catching gamechanging TE next year.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - pally - 07-26-2018

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/26/bengals-put-vontaze-burfict-on-nfi-tyler-eifert-on-pup/

Bengals put Vontaze Burfict on NFI, Tyler Eifert on PUP
Posted by Josh Alper on July 26, 2018, 11:17 AM EDT

Getty Images
Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert said earlier this week that he’s “feeling great,” but he didn’t get the green light to start practicing yet.

Eifert has been placed on the physically unable to perform list to start training camp. Eifert has missed most of the last two seasons due to a back injury and was limited this offseason after re-signing with the team.

Eifert isn’t the only veteran who failed to get cleared for practice. Linebacker Vontaze Burfict is on the non-football injury list with what the team is calling a tight hamstring.

Tight end Ryan Hewitt joins Burfict on the NFI list while fifth-round cornerback Davontae Harris and wide receiver Devonte Boyd join Eifert on the PUP list. Guard Christian Westerman and safety Tyrice Beverette are on the non-football illness list. All of those players are eligible to be activated at any time, but can’t practice until they come off their respective list.

In addition to that housekeeping, the Bengals also signed wide receiver Jared Murphy. He takes the place of tackle Javarius Leamon after Leamon did not report to camp.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - TKUHL - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 10:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: Eifert will never play another down. He's just collecting the 5.5m the Bengals were foolish enough to sign him for. They just struggle to let go. Who will we lose Dennard, Kroft, Dunlap, or Atkins, because we can't afford to extend them after wasting 5.5 in cap space for someone we all knew would never play again?

I know the Rams have a QB still on his rookie contract but, how the hell do they and other teams still find a way to sign high profile players, pay their own a fortune it we can't keep a couple players cause one guy makes 5 mil. Drives me nuts.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-26-2018

To anyone that isn’t an idiot like I am and has some answers: If eifert can’t participate in any camp or preseason games, appearing to be a lost cause, can the bengals cut him without any repercussions? Is he guaranteed any money? Cap hit? If any, how much.

Because I’m pretty well over him.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 12:50 PM)pally Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/26/bengals-put-vontaze-burfict-on-nfi-tyler-eifert-on-pup/

Bengals put Vontaze Burfict on NFI, Tyler Eifert on PUP
Posted by Josh Alper on July 26, 2018, 11:17 AM EDT

Getty Images
Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert said earlier this week that he’s “feeling great,” but he didn’t get the green light to start practicing yet.

Eifert has been placed on the physically unable to perform list to start training camp. Eifert has missed most of the last two seasons due to a back injury and was limited this offseason after re-signing with the team.

Eifert isn’t the only veteran who failed to get cleared for practice. Linebacker Vontaze Burfict is on the non-football injury list with what the team is calling a tight hamstring.

Tight end Ryan Hewitt joins Burfict on the NFI list while fifth-round cornerback Davontae Harris and wide receiver Devonte Boyd join Eifert on the PUP list. Guard Christian Westerman and safety Tyrice Beverette are on the non-football illness list. All of those players are eligible to be activated at any time, but can’t practice until they come off their respective list.

In addition to that housekeeping, the Bengals also signed wide receiver Jared Murphy. He takes the place of tackle Javarius Leamon after Leamon did not report to camp.

So more than likely burfict is fat again.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - psychdoctor - 07-26-2018

(07-24-2018, 12:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not ruling anything out with Frank Pollack as our new O-line coach.

Hart sucks, Fish we still do not know about. Perkins or Taylor are also thoughts here.

Redmond is 6'5" with length and power, he is definately in the running at RG and RT.

Taylor may be the dark horse for RT.  I wouldn't count out Hart so quickly.  

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 01:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Taylor may be the dark horse for RT.  I wouldn't count out Hart so quickly.  

Yes, Rod Taylor moves really well, better then Perkins who is more of a mauler.

Taylor can run and pass block, this is what we will need at RT.

On Bobbie Hart i am just going off of what all the Florida State fans on here have said. Said he was bad, real bad
and the only reason he was even drafted was cause of his physical traits. But hey, maybe Pollack can get something
out of him? Who knows.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Whatever - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 01:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: To anyone that isn’t an idiot like I am and has some answers: If eifert can’t participate in any camp or preseason games, appearing to be a lost cause, can the bengals cut him without any repercussions? Is he guaranteed any money? Cap hit? If any, how much.

Eifert's deal included a $3 mil signing bonus.  They would only save about $1 mil in salary by releasing him.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - psychdoctor - 07-26-2018

I thought Eifert received an incentive related deal...

I think next year, the Bengals need to go for a top TE, RT, and yes, a replacement for Burfict.

(07-26-2018, 01:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Eifert received an incentive related deal...

I think next year, the Bengals need to go for a top TE, RT, and yes, a replacement for Burfict.

He did and i agree, those positions need to be upgraded most likely. Need a gamechanging TE and a LB with
some swagger here that is not always suspended all the time. Only a matter of time before Burfict gets kicked
out of the league damn it.

We will see on RT, willing to wait on this one, we have some guys with talent here that Pollack might coach up.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Au165 - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 11:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not sure about that. They could have used that 5.5m to help extend Dennard this past offseason for example instead of re-signing Eifert. But we will probably lose him.

That's okay I am sure about it. In fact Dennard is already making 8.5 this year on the 5th year option making him tied for 20th highest paid CB in the league with Chris Harris. Any extension would not include any additional money at this point beyond that 8.5 as that isn't how Bengals structure extensions in general meaning Eiffert has no impact. Now in terms of Geno or Carlos, you can easily structure the contract to escalate next year with guaranteed to offset any cap short comings this year.

It made no difference, move on.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - jj22 - 07-26-2018

Bottom line when they can't afford to re-sign Dennard what excuse will you give to cover for the Front Office?

Exactly. Carry on tho.

I know what I'll be saying.

(07-26-2018, 02:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bottom line when they can't afford to re-sign Dennard what excuse will you give?

Exactly. Carry on tho.

What their cap looks like next year and beyond has nothing to do with Eiffert's deal this year. You don't understand the cap apparently which is why you are making erroneous statements like this one. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - jj22 - 07-26-2018

Because you have them waiting until next year to work out these extensions. I have hope for them doing some this offseason. But spare me the lecture. I'll wait to hear your excuses for the Front Office next offseason.

(07-26-2018, 02:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because you have them waiting until next year to work out these extensions. I have them doing some this offseason. But spare me the lecture. I'll wait to hear your excuses for the Front Office next offseason.

They can do them now without changing this years cap number, like 90% of all extensions in the NFL are done. Go look at the Rams extension of Gurley as a good example.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalD - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 01:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: To anyone that isn’t an idiot like I am and has some answers: If eifert can’t participate in any camp or preseason games, appearing to be a lost cause, can the bengals cut him without any repercussions? Is he guaranteed any money? Cap hit? If any, how much.

I could be wrong (but please don't tell my wife I said that), but I always thought the Bengals kind of front loaded their deals instead of forfeiting the future like other clubs (i.e. afRaiders and Cowgirls) and therefore staying out of cap trouble.  There can be arguments for this being good and bad - but personally I don't like having debt.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalHawk62 - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Eiffert tweaked back in spring and will start training camp on PUP per Rapoport.

MY God I despise the NFL Pro Bowl game. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Yojimbo - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 02:36 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: MY God I despise the NFL Pro Bowl game. 

Why? That was an ankle injury. This is from back surgery from an injury that took place during the season, last year.