Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalHawk62 - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 03:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Why? That was an ankle injury. This is from back surgery from an injury that took place during the season, last year.

I still despise that game. It gave him a needless injury. Whenever I think of Eifert, the Pro Bowl instantly pops to mind. All of his injuries seem to run together anymore.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - bambino5130 - 07-26-2018

Can someone please explain to me how and why Trey Hopkins is the Bengals current starting Right Guard?
Are you telling me there are no better options on this team?

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Bengalholic - 07-26-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 04:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

That is unfortunate

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - 3wt - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 04:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: That is unfortunate

Darn it.   He sounded like a dark horse candidate to snag the right tackle position.

Now I think it just turns out to be our Achilles Heel this year.   I just have no confidence in any of our veteran players.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Bengalholic - 07-26-2018

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Jhowdy54 - 07-26-2018

In for a long season if Hopkins and Ogbuiui is the starting right side. O-line was so much better last year when Redmond and Westerman were in there. Nothing changed from a coaching staff refusing to play young talent. Surprised Price is getting center reps over TJ Johnson.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Jhowdy54 - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 04:41 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Can someoned please explain to me how and why Trey Hopkins is the Bengals current starting Right Guard?

Westerman and Redmond needs to learn to be a pro.   Actually surprised Price was starting center over TJ Johnson. 

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Beaker - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 05:23 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote:  Nothing changed  from a coaching staff refusing to play young talent.   Surprised  Price is getting center reps over TJ Johnson.

Doesn't your second sentence disprove your first sentence?

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - jj22 - 07-26-2018

Sooo what you're saying is someone (higher up) is still calling the shots as to who starts RG and RT. Disappointing. Hopefully it's some sort of rotation. To give them all reps.

But why start with who we already know failed....

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 04:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

It is extremely early, Pollack probably just wants to test these guys is all.

I am not putting too much into Og and Hop starting and if they win out the spots i have confidence that Pollack
thinks they are the best players for those positions, just doubt that is the way it ends up once he gets a good look
at Westerman, Redmond and Perkins.

Too bad about Taylor was just talking about the guy damn it. Whatever

(07-26-2018, 05:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Sweet, lots better news. Preston breaking up passes, i like it, he is more known as a good run stopper.

Liking Teryl Austin the more i hear about him.

John Ross siting people, look out! Mellow

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - jj22 - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 05:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is extremely early, Pollack probably just wants to test these guys is all.

I am not putting too much into Og and Hop starting and if they win out the spots i have confidence that Pollack
thinks they are the best players for those positions, just doubt that is the way it ends up once he gets a good look
at Westerman, Redmond and Perkins.

Too bad about Taylor was just talking about the guy damn it. Whatever

Sweet, lots better news. Preston breaking up passes, i like it, he is more known as a good run stopper.

Liking Teryl Austin the more i hear about him.

John Ross siting people, look out! Mellow

Okay so we now know who gives the Training camp kiss of death. Don't talk anyone else up!

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 05:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Okay so we now know who gives the Kiss of Death. Don't talk anyone else up!

Wasn't just me JJ lol

I am not that unlucky.

Don't believe in luck much anyways. Players get injured it is just the way it is. Mellow

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - rfaulk34 - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 05:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sooo what you're saying is someone (higher up) is still calling the shots as to who starts RG and RT. Disappointing. Hopefully it's some sort of rotation. To give them all reps.

But why start with who we already know failed....

So they can fail right away and get it over with...and they can play the guys that are going to make a difference?

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 05:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I had to look up Sojourn Shelton.  

Any no-name dude that gets instant attention like that, on the first day of camp, automatically gets put on my "camp heros" list.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Pat5775 - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 04:41 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Can someone please explain to me how and why Trey Hopkins is the Bengals current starting Right Guard?

There are. We saw them start towards the end of last season. Lord only knows wtf this staff is thinking  Whatever

(07-26-2018, 06:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So they can fail right away and get it over with...and they can play the guys that are going to make a difference?

Just throwing Og and Hop to the wolves just so they don't hurt their starters. Ninja

(07-26-2018, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I had to look up Sojourn Shelton.  

Any no-name dude that gets instant attention like that, on the first day of camp, automatically gets put on my "camp heros" list.

He has a cool name.