Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-26-2018

From the looks of videos on twitter, john ross looks fast...and more importantly quick and smooth on route running.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 06:56 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: From the looks of videos on twitter, john ross looks fast...and more importantly quick and smooth on route running.

Awesome. Cool

I so pray this guy shuts up the haters. Love that he worked with Housh in the Offseason...

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BFritz21 - 07-26-2018

These updates are getting me fired up!

I want some videos! Especially of Ross going deep!

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Socal Bengals fan - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 06:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just throwing Og and Hop to the wolves just so they don't hurt their starters. Ninja

Makes sense    ..because those two are complete trash

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He has a cool name.

Well, I mean no-name in the fact that he was an UDFA by the Cardinals, last year.  If he continues to stand out in camp, making eye-grabbing plays like the one mentioned in the tweet, he'll quickly make a name for himself around here.  Wink

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-26-2018

Per Katherine Terrill via Twitter:

Not too many standouts today but I thought Joe Mixon looked good and made some nice cuts. John Ross had a great deep catch down the sideline that was probably the play of the day. Defensively, emphasis remains on going after every loose ball and being aggressive about turnovers

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 07:06 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Makes sense    ..because those two are complete trash

Agreed, those are the two least likely i think will be the RT and RG come the opener.

The best i think they can do is become okay backups, that is about all the hope i have for them especially Og.

But maybe they did something right giving Dalton enough time to hit Ross deep.

(07-26-2018, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I mean no-name in the fact that he was an UDFA by the Cardinals, last year.  If he continues to stand out in camp, making eye-grabbing plays like the one mentioned in the tweet, he'll quickly make a name for himself around here.  Wink

Ballhawks always have a chance that is for sure. Turn games on their heads.

(07-26-2018, 07:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, those are the two least likely i think will be the RT and RG come the opener.

The best i think they can do is become okay backups, that is about all the hope i have for them especially Og.

But maybe they did something right giving Dalton enough time to hit Ross deep.

Ballhawks always have a chance that is for sure. Turn games on their heads.

Earlier Per Katherine Terrill:

Don’t put too much stock into who’s running with what team yet. Alex Redmond is now at RG with the 1s and Jake Fisher at RT. Makes sense to rotate

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 07:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Earlier Per Katherine Terrill:

Don’t put too much stock into who’s running with what team yet. Alex Redmond is now at RG with the 1s and Jake Fisher at RT. Makes sense to rotate

I like the idea of getting Redmond in with the 1s.  If he can hang onto the role, more power to him.

A nice recap with a lot of pictures and videos from twitter.

https://www.lockedonbengals.com/bengals/a-training-camp-recap-day-one/

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Cure4CF - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 07:29 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: A nice recap with a lot of pictures and videos from twitter.

Thanks!

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - McC - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 05:23 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: In for a long season if Hopkins and Ogbuiui is the starting right side.   O-line was so much better last year when Redmond and Westerman were in there.   Nothing changed  from a coaching staff refusing to play young talent.   Surprised  Price is getting center reps over TJ Johnson.

Uh...it's the first day.  Slight chance nothing has been decided yet.

(07-26-2018, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like the idea of getting Redmond in with the 1s.  If he can hang onto the role, more power to him.

He is actually the one I think will ultimately win the RG job. I loved what I saw out of him late in the season last year.
My final Oline prediction is:

Glenn, Boling, Price, Redmond, Fisher

I'm not putting any stock in it at this point. Some of these other guys are already panicking though lol

BTW, i bet that looks much better out there, that Right Side. Especially in the run game. Hope they give Redmond
some snaps at RT to see if he can handle pass rushers then put Westerman in at RG next to him. Saw some good
things out of both these guys last year.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - jj22 - 07-26-2018

Sounds like Eifert is just "precautionary", working him in slowly. He was working, running and cutting on the sidelines. If you can believe that. At least he's out there.

(07-26-2018, 07:29 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: A nice recap with a lot of pictures and videos from twitter.

Thanks.  Good one.

Eifert's situation doesn't sound that dire and Burfict didn't look fat at all.

(07-26-2018, 07:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounds like Eifert is just "precautionary", working him in slowly. He was working, running and cutting on the sidelines. If you can believe that. At least he's out there.

Good news, everyone was flipping out which is actually a bit understandable on this one. Just take precautions
with Eifert. He is definately injury prone at this point and with two back surgeries this might be his last season
for all we know, lets hope he makes it a great one and scores a lot of TD's which he is capable of.

(07-26-2018, 07:44 PM)McC Wrote: Thanks.  Good one.

Eifert's situation doesn't sound that dire and Burfict didn't look fat at all.

Yep, I’ll admit I jumped to conclusions after earlier reports. Glad to seemingly be wrong.

(07-26-2018, 07:50 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yep, I’ll admit I jumped to conclusions after earlier reports. Glad to seemingly be wrong.

Understandable to figure the worst with Eifert.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - George Cantstandya - 07-26-2018

I agree 100%. It's the first day of camp.  No need to get all flustered over who got first team reps in a short practice.  There are jobs to win and jobs to lose.  Maybe we should wait a bit before going into, "This is going to be a full out disaster!" mode.  Big Grin