Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc (/Thread-Training-camp-news-notes-thoughts-reaction-etc)

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 08:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I agree 100%. It's the first day of camp.  No need to get all flustered over who got first team reps in a short practice.  There are jobs to win and jobs to lose.  Maybe we should wait a bit before going into, "This is going to be a full out disaster!" mode.  Big Grin

I am with laid back George on this one, drinkin a brewski not gettin all flustered. Mellow

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalChris - 07-26-2018

(07-23-2018, 06:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: On paper the off-season moves look good. I’m in the “prove it” camp though. I’m certainly excited about the season but I honestly have no idea what this team is going to be. I can see them finishing the season with a floor 4-12 or a ceiling of 11-5. I tend to think they fall somewhere in between And either barely miss or barely squeak into the playoffs.

But again, I have absolutely no idea what they are. There are just so many questions to be answered and I’m not sure we will have any real answers until the real regular season bullets start flying. I’m mostly just hoping the team escapes camp and the preseason without any major injuries to important pieces. They should all be bubble wrapped until September 9th.

I agree 100% and it's not just that line that has some proving to do. The young WRs, every one of them, has a lot to prove. So far veteran LaFell has out played each of them.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 08:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree 100% and it's not just that line that has some proving to do. The young WRs, every one of them, has a lot to prove. So far veteran LaFell has out played each of them.

Hey Chris, John Ross went deep for a 50 yard TD today in TC buddy....

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalChris - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 08:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey Chris, John Ross went deep for a 50 yard TD today in TC buddy....

Nice! But he's gotta do it in the regular season. A couple of years ago, in his rookie year, Cody Core took it to the house in training camp against fellow rookie Willie Jackson. Meant nothing come actual games.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-26-2018

Per Katherine Terrill:

Price on Geno Atkins: "He’s a Pro Bowler for a reason. But I’m happy to be going against him every day. ... He gave a big stunt today and the first time you burn your hand on the iron and the next time you don’t. He smoked me twice and next time I said OK, I’m going to change it"

Billy Price: "Speed is significantly different. Kind of got my first introduction; Carl Lawson came in on a twist and lit me up pretty good. Geno is everything as advertised. Got to get used to it. First day, I think I’ve got to fix some things”

Billy Price had his first full practice today, and it had its ups and downs with 3 fumbled exchanges. It was a change getting used to snaps under center, which they didn't do at Ohio State, plus the competition was a little different than in college.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - HarleyDog - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 09:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nice! But he's gotta do it in the regular season. A couple of years ago, in his rookie year, Cody Core took it to the house in training camp against fellow rookie Willie Jackson. Meant nothing come actual games.

It’s a start. He’s already put up more yards in TC then he did all last year. That’s impressive.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Caped Crusader - 07-26-2018

I'm happy to see John Ross did something of note (finally). No surprise it came on Dre Kirkpatrick.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - SunsetBengal - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 09:10 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Per Katherine Terrill:

Price on Geno Atkins: "He’s a Pro Bowler for a reason. But I’m happy to be going against him every day. ... He gave a big stunt today and the first time you burn your hand on the iron and the next time you don’t. He smoked me twice and next time I said OK, I’m going to change it"

Billy Price: "Speed is significantly different. Kind of got my first introduction; Carl Lawson came in on a twist and lit me up pretty good. Geno is everything as advertised. Got to get used to it. First day, I think I’ve got to fix some things”

Billy Price had his first full practice today, and it had its ups and downs with 3 fumbled exchanges. It was a change getting used to snaps under center, which they didn't do at Ohio State, plus the competition was a little different than in college.

That's what I'm talking about.  Price is a damn good player, now he's going against damn good NFL veterans.  He will learn and grow, fast!

(07-26-2018, 09:00 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nice! But he's gotta do it in the regular season. A couple of years ago, in his rookie year, Cody Core took it to the house in training camp against fellow rookie Willie Jackson. Meant nothing come actual games.

Agreed.

(07-26-2018, 09:10 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Per Katherine Terrill:

Haha, Billy went through the gauntlet, those are our NFL stars on the DL right there.

Didn't expect him to just come out and handle them with no problems lol

He will be better then Bodine even as a rookie, love the way he speaks. Rock On

(07-26-2018, 09:16 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'm happy to see John Ross did something of note (finally). No surprise it came on Dre Kirkpatrick.

Well that was who he was lined up against as Will Jax had AJ.

Gotta take advantage of any advantage.

This is why i loved the pick at the time and am loving it again. Secondarys will have an even faster, much quicker
Wideout than AJ Green to deal with if this guy can stay healthy. He opens up everything, the running game, the
Receivers, everything.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - wildcats forever - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am with laid back George on this one, drinkin a brewski not gettin all flustered. Mellow

Me too. A lot of praising around here for the changes made this winter, so let's give all involved a chance to do their jobs. It will likely take more than camp to realize how effective these changes will become.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - ben_lewtas9 - 07-26-2018

(07-26-2018, 07:29 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: A nice recap with a lot of pictures and videos from twitter.

https://www.lockedonbengals.com/bengals/a-training-camp-recap-day-one/

I'd forgotten what it was like to watch John Ross run... it's insane. Let's hope he turns into a player because god he'll be fun to watch every week.

(07-26-2018, 10:16 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Me too. A lot of praising around here for the changes made this winter, so let's give all involved a chance to do their jobs. It will likely take more than camp to realize how effective these changes will become.

For sure WCF. I like the rotation thought as well as it just pushes everyone to perform at their best.

Frank Pollack knows what he is doing and from what we saw with Lazor late last year he does as well.

The new coaches need to observe every player, i don't care if a guy has sucked in the past.

You never know how they will react to different coaching.

(07-26-2018, 10:57 PM)ben_lewtas9 Wrote: I'd forgotten what it was like to watch John Ross run... it's insane. Let's hope he turns into a player because god he'll be fun to watch every week.

True that Ben.

It is almost magical watching the guy run, i wonder how some cannot see what this guy MIGHT just bring
to this Offense. Never had a player like this. John Ross can do it all if he is healthy.

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - The Real Deal - 07-26-2018

Dalton to Ross

https://www.lockedonbengals.com/bengals/watch-andy-dalton-finds-john-ross-for-a-50-yard-touchdown/

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - psychdoctor - 07-26-2018

New 7th round draft pick, Rod Taylor (Guard) injures knee.  Damn.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lots-chances-bengals-lewis-16th-try-playoff-win-221558150--nfl.html

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - bengaloo - 07-27-2018

There is not much better than finally reading about some real football stuff after a long days work. I look forward to this every year after being football starved since winter. I'll get a quick few things off my chest after reading and watching highlights.

Ross is going to be good.

Price is too

Still worried about Eifert even though I understand you cant rush him in after back surgery so fast. Football skills aside he seems like a good dude. I really hope his back fully recovers whether he plays again or not. I prefer he comes back in beast mode though

We are going to be good again. How good is yet to be seen. Thats pretty much all I can say about that

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - CincyKid - 07-27-2018

Billy going against Geno, Carlos, Lawson and the rest of the gang will toughen him up quik.........dude has to block pro bowlers.......and he will !

John Ross going against WJ3 in practice will just make them both better............2 studs going at all day is what we want

I see it as a win win for them, the Bengals and us fans..............WHO DEY !

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BFritz21 - 07-27-2018

Here's a TD pass to Green and then the bomb to Ross back to back, starting at 20 seconds. Dre Kirk got beat on both, which would be sad, but look at the throws/routes: AJ's was a dime thrown over his outside shoulder, which is impossible to defend, and then he had Ross covered, but Ross turned on the turn boosters at the last second to make the catch with outstretched arms.

Both VERY impressive throws by Dalton!

I'm PUMPED UP!

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - Go Cards - 07-27-2018

Real football news is so welcome here

RE: Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc - BengalChris - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:02 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Here's a TD pass to Green and then the bomb to Ross back to back, starting at 20 seconds.  Dre Kirk got beat on both, which would be sad, but look at the throws/routes: AJ's was a dime thrown over his outside shoulder, which is impossible to defend, and then he had Ross covered, but Ross turned on the turn boosters at the last second to make the catch with outstretched arms.

Both VERY impressive throws by Dalton!

I'm PUMPED UP!

Okay, so that's just proof of what I've been saying about Kirkpatrick, he was our 4th best corner last year and Adam Jones is a better option for the team.

Against AJ, Dre was out of position badly and AJ was wide, wide open.

Dre could have made a play on that ball to Ross, but his head wasn't turned and he gave up on it. That won't happen against defenses the team will face during the season.