Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Carson Palmer: A Football Life (/Thread-Carson-Palmer-A-Football-Life)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Nicomo Cosca - 08-08-2018

Palmer will be the first episode of the new season next month.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/08/06/nfl-network-football-life-feature-carson-palmer-cris-collinsworth/917740002/

My feelings on Palmer are obviously bittersweet, but there’s no denying he helped bring the Bengals back to relevancy. That great 05 offense with Palmer, Chad, and TJ was a big part of revitalizing my interest in the Bengals again. Will definitely be watching this one.

Collinsworth will also have an episode this season. Not a fan of him at all but he’s a former Bengal so I’ll probably watch that one as well.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - J24 - 08-08-2018

Maybe we will finally get some answers on why did he quit on us?

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - GreenCornBengal - 08-08-2018

Lol, let's see how badly he throws Cincinnati under the bus. I bet the only positive will be that "They were the team to give me a chance in the NFL" -- which IMO is a players way of saying "I F****** hated that place".

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - grampahol - 08-08-2018

Too much water has passed under the bridge over the years for me to really care what Palmer has to say about the Bengals. There's probably plenty of reasons I should dislike the team, but I've had too many emotions come and go that I've settled on the Bengals as my team . Players no longer on the team who went elsewhere to play automatically lose my interest with very few exceptions.  

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - bonesaw - 08-08-2018

weird choice for A Football Life. Dude was like gonna retire if we didn't trade him. Never seemed to love the game that much to me or be a teammate that guys rallied around.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Nately120 - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 09:38 PM)bonesaw Wrote: weird choice for A Football Life.  Dude was like gonna retire if we didn't trade him.  Never seemed to love the game that much to me or be a teammate that guys rallied around.

Meh, they made documentaries about John Elway and he threatened to never play a snap of football if he didn't get traded before he even laced 'em up for the first time.

(08-08-2018, 08:47 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Maybe we will finally get some answers on why did he quit on us?

I think the main reason he never directly answered this is because it's completely obvious.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - bonesaw - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 09:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, they made documentaries about John Elway and he threatened to never play a snap of football if he didn't get traded before he even laced 'em up for the first time.

I think the main reason he never directly answered this is because it's completely obvious.

Yeah but come on...Elway was a larger than life personality and multiple Super Bowl winner and a contender for a long time.  Palmer kept to himself and won a playoff game or two?

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Joelist - 08-08-2018

I did notice about Palmer that he never seemed to really invest himself anywhere he played. They all just seemed to him to be places he hung his hat.

Meanwhile Andy and his wife invested themselves heavily into Cincinnati almost as soon as the draft ended. Their charity predated his big contract and they have been nothing but good citizens.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Pat5775 - 08-08-2018

I'll always have a soft spot for Palmer, and I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't fault him for leaving.

I honestly don't understand why anyone blames him. He's far from the first player to want out of the Brown family circus , and I'd wager just about anything he won't be the last Whatever

I've realized over the years that a good number of Bengal "fans" I've personally met have disdain for Carson. Also, a lot of these people are also what I call "fake fans" (i.e. They have no idea who Carl Pickens is). It's almost like you can tell the type of Bengal fan a person is by how they feel about Carson Palmer. The people who jumped aboard the Carson/Chad/TJ bandwagon back in 2004/2005 now hate Carson because he "betrayed them". The people who have been lifelong fans understand why Carson wanted out and don't blame him for it. If they do hate him, it's for other reasons (blows my mind how many people can't let the Ohio state thing go Whatever )

I'm looking forward to this special. I'm hoping his time as a Bengal isn't glossed over and he expands on the final conversation/confrontation with Mike Brown.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Nicomo Cosca - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 10:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'll always have a soft spot for Palmer, and I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't fault him for leaving.

I honestly don't understand why anyone blames him. He's far from the first player to want out of the Brown family circus , and I'd wager just about anything he won't be the last Whatever

I've realized over the years that a good number of Bengal "fans" I've personally met have disdain for Carson. Also, a lot of these people are also what I call "fake fans" (i.e. They have no idea who Carl Pickens is). It's almost like you can tell the type of Bengal fan a person is by how they feel about Carson Palmer. The people who jumped aboard the Carson/Chad/TJ bandwagon back in 2004/2005 now hate Carson because he "betrayed them". The people who have been lifelong fans understand why Carson wanted out and don't blame him for it. If they do hate him, it's for other reasons (blows my mind how many people can't let the Ohio state thing go Whatever )

I'm looking forward to this special. I'm hoping his time as a Bengal isn't glossed over and he expands on the final conversation/confrontation with Mike Brown.

Who cares when or why someone became invested in the team? A fan is a fan. You’re not special because you’ve been a fan longer.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Nately120 - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 10:34 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Yeah but come on...Elway was a larger than life personality and multiple Super Bowl winner and a contender for a long time.  Palmer kept to himself and won a playoff game or two?

The point is that Elway threatened to never play football EVER and to go play baseball if he didn't get traded.  The point is, you can demand a trade and still actually want to play football.  And while Palmer was never a HOFer, the fact that he made it closer to the SB after he left here past his prime than he did here in his prime does say something.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Pat5775 - 08-08-2018

(08-08-2018, 11:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who cares when or why someone became invested in the team? A fan is a fan. You’re not special because you’ve been a fan longer.

Well maybe not, but my point is that most Bengal fans (that I've met anyway) who seem to know little about the history of the team also hate Carson because he demanded a trade.

While 99% of the time I would agree and ridicule any player as a "quitter", with the Brown Family Bengals, it's just different. We all know why  Whatever The Bengals are the exception, not the rule. There have been plenty of players that wanted out of the dysfunction before Carson, and plenty have had negative things to say about the organization after they leave. What does that tell you?

As much as I love this team, I'll never fault any player for demanding a trade away from this organization. 

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Go Cards - 08-09-2018

(08-08-2018, 10:34 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Yeah but come on...Elway was a larger than life personality and multiple Super Bowl winner and a contender for a long time.  Palmer kept to himself and won a playoff game or two?

Plus Elway had been drafted by the KC Royals and had a MLB career if he wanted. 

Big difference from I will take the ball and your money and go home. 

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - motoarch - 08-09-2018

(08-08-2018, 09:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: Too much water has passed under the bridge over the years for me to really care what Palmer has to say about the Bengals. There's probably plenty of reasons I should dislike the team, but I've had too many emotions come and go that I've settled on the Bengals as my team . Players no longer on the team who went elsewhere to play automatically lose my interest with very few exceptions.  

100% with you on this.

I’m a fan of the team not the individual. Once a player or coach is gone I’m not really interested in them anymore.

Dillon and Palmers departures were unique and unfortunate but I got over them pretty quickly. I admit it stung a little to see Dillon have he best single season and win a Super Bowl after leaving the way he did.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Bengal Dude - 08-09-2018

I'll definitely watch it. I hold no hard feelings towards Palmer. I didn't blame him for the trade demand. It's obvious that he wanted a lot of changes and Mike Brown refused. Not hard to figure out. He mentioned ownership twice after leaving here. 

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Go Cards - 08-09-2018

The problem with the arguments for Carson hating MB and wanting out are faulted because he could have left as a FA.

But signed that 100 million dollar contract and then held the team hostage slinging mud and laughing about the money he had in bank because of Cincy.

Then the tell was that the team immediately got better after his departure.

Was a big fan but just can not respect him, I am sorry.

Yet am interested to hear what he says.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - CornerBlitz - 08-09-2018

Does anyone have any clue what specific changes he demanded? I don't think anyone has been able to figure this out, mostly people are just guessing.

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Nicomo Cosca - 08-09-2018

(08-09-2018, 03:52 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Does anyone have any clue what specific changes he demanded? I don't think anyone has been able to figure this out, mostly people are just guessing.

I have a pretty good hunch of what the major one was...

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - SHRacerX - 08-09-2018

(08-08-2018, 09:38 PM)bonesaw Wrote: weird choice for A Football Life.  Dude was like gonna retire if we didn't trade him.  Never seemed to love the game that much to me or be a teammate that guys rallied around.

Exactly.  Since when does being a quitter earn you a spot on this show?  It seems like a gifted opportunity to that a shot at the Bengals.

I will point out that the rookie Dalton took that same team to the playoffs after Palmer quit, and he did that with no OTAs.  

I have nothing but hate for the guy now.  Well, not hate like the steelers, but I don't care for him at all.  

RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - HarleyDog - 08-09-2018

I like Palmer. However, the “go long” poster for John Morrel was one of his worst calls ever.