Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
obueghi - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: obueghi (/Thread-obueghi)

obueghi - Bengalfan4life27c - 08-11-2018

I know MB doesn't like to cut early round picks especially first round one's at that. wts he was absolutely garbage against bears backups it's time we cut the cord and move on from a mistake

RE: obueghi - grampahol - 08-11-2018

But he's the Bengals version of Homer Bailey minus the two no hitters.. 

RE: obueghi - Socal Bengals fan - 08-11-2018

I wanted him fired /cut after his first game against the Jets. Never seen a tackle so passive, weak, terrible etc. he was really that bad. I think he gave up 4 sacks but was absolutely worthless that day.

RE: obueghi - Nicomo Cosca - 08-11-2018

We don’t have the depth on the Oline to cut him. The best we can hope for is he’ll be a serviceable backup that never plays in a meaningful game.

RE: obueghi - Luvnit2 - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 10:02 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I know MB doesn't like to cut early round picks especially first round one's at that. wts he was absolutely garbage against bears backups it's time we cut the cord and move on from a mistake

Weird, I thought he was average.

I thought Fisher was the one that looked horrible as did Perkins.

Based on my observation, he would make the team as a back up right now.

RE: obueghi - SunsetBengal - 08-11-2018

I didn't get to watch the actual game, as I live out of market. However, I have watched a couple of lengthy "recap" videos that featured a couple dozen plays both offense and defense. The one thing that jumped right off the screen at me, was Right side of the OL. Pretty much every play that I watched, the defense was immediately in the backfield, coming from the Right. Not just one man, but several.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that it's tough to make any sort of fair assessment, by looking at about a dozen offensive plays. The Dallas game will be live, on NFLN, which I subscribe to. I'll be able to give a more informed opinion of not just Ogbuehi, but the OL as a unit, after watching a game in it's entirety.

With that said, I've been reading mixed reports on Ogbuehi's individual performance from Thursday night, on here. Some are saying that he held up well in pass protection, but foundered in the running game, others just state that he still sucks. From what few plays that I watched, the problem is much bigger than just the RT position. Blocking at RG and TE on that side seemed non-existent, as well.

RE: obueghi - Luvnit2 - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 10:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I didn't get to watch the actual game, as I live out of market.  However, I have watched a couple of lengthy "recap" videos that featured a couple dozen plays both offense and defense.  The one thing that jumped right off the screen at me, was Right side of the OL.  Pretty much every play that I watched, the defense was immediately in the backfield, coming from the Right.  Not just one man, but several.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that it's tough to make any sort of fair assessment, by looking at about a dozen offensive plays.  The Dallas game will be live, on NFLN, which I subscribe to.  I'll be able to give a more informed opinion of not just Ogbuehi, but the OL as a unit, after watching a game in it's entirety.

With that said, I've been reading mixed reports on Ogbuehi's individual performance from Thursday night, on here.  Some are saying that he held up well in pass protection, but foundered in the running game, others just state that he still sucks.  From what few plays that I watched, the problem is much bigger than just the RT position.  Blocking at RG and TE on that side seemed non-existent, as well.

That is what I saw as well, the right side was a problem, the back up RG's could not run or pass block. The TE's blocking was horrid once Kroft and our TE left the game, sorry he is long weird name escapes me.

The bad part about the backups is they were up against back ups, especially the 3rd and 4th string. Perkins was in that 3rd group playing against 3rd groups and that is why his play concerned me. Jake Fisher could not block anyone in pass or game. He has really disappointed me as I had high hopes for him and I don't care he had a health issues, so did OB with the major knee surgery.

RE: obueghi - Chezaugie - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 10:12 AM)grampahol Wrote: But he's the Bengals version of Homer Bailey minus the two no hitters.. 

What are you talking about? I have watched him over the past years and in every game he has had multiple no hitters!

RE: obueghi - bengaloo - 08-11-2018

I wasnt too impressed with Obueghi but he wasnt terrible either. I noticed a couple pressures on the QB with his man, one in particular was pretty bad, but he didnt give up a sack. I would like to see him move a little faster on run plays for sure. He played better than some others on the OL, but he still looks like a backup to me. An expensive backup at that...

RE: obueghi - BURROWorBUST - 08-11-2018

In all seriousness, I've watched the Bears game 3 times now. I think we're ok with Westerman, Hopkins, and Redmund, so RG looks to be in decent shape. As much as I wanted Ced and Fischer to improve, I think they looked worse than ever. I hope we're scouring the FA market for some guys to bring in and try out. Eric Winston would be an upgrade for Pete's sake.

RE: obueghi - impactplaya - 08-11-2018

the problem i see is that we dont have a true complete product on the right side
one guy can pass block but cant run block and vice versa,
in the past we had brutes like Big Willie who was great at both
but it could change
i think Westerman could be a complete OG.
Cedric I think will get released
in 3 years if you cant dominate at some point.time to.go

RE: obueghi - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 10:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I didn't get to watch the actual game, as I live out of market.  However, I have watched a couple of lengthy "recap" videos that featured a couple dozen plays both offense and defense.  The one thing that jumped right off the screen at me, was Right side of the OL.  Pretty much every play that I watched, the defense was immediately in the backfield, coming from the Right.  Not just one man, but several.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that it's tough to make any sort of fair assessment, by looking at about a dozen offensive plays.  The Dallas game will be live, on NFLN, which I subscribe to.  I'll be able to give a more informed opinion of not just Ogbuehi, but the OL as a unit, after watching a game in it's entirety.

With that said, I've been reading mixed reports on Ogbuehi's individual performance from Thursday night, on here.  Some are saying that he held up well in pass protection, but foundered in the running game, others just state that he still sucks.  From what few plays that I watched, the problem is much bigger than just the RT position.  Blocking at RG and TE on that side seemed non-existent, as well.

Same, out of market would never pay for ESPN. So just have to go off highlights unless they put the game on
Youtube or something. I am thinking of getting Playstation Vue one of these days, that will be nice.

The people that just say Og sucks and don't explain why i don't listen to. When he plays weak and doesn't even
try that is what is truly unacceptable. Saw him stand up Dunlap in TC and heard he stood up another End in this
Bears game so i still say keep him around unless he doesn't show anything the next 3 Preseason games.

Fisher playing so bad is what concerns me and honestly surprised me, still had hopes for this guy, sad.

(08-11-2018, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is what I saw as well, the right side was a problem, the back up RG's could not run or pass block. The TE's blocking was horrid once Kroft and our TE left the game, sorry he is long weird name escapes me.

The bad part about the backups is they were up against back ups, especially the 3rd and 4th string. Perkins was in that 3rd group playing against 3rd groups and that is why his play concerned me. Jake Fisher could not block anyone in pass or game. He has really disappointed me as I had high hopes for him and I don't care he had a health issues, so did OB with the major knee surgery.

Westerman made the best run block i have seen in quite awhile on the Brian Hill run and graded as our best
O-lineman. I think we found our RG, happy that Hart showed well. Still, i would trade our backups for others
come cut down day if Og and Fisher continue to struggle.

Lap talked highly of Perkins in TC, will have to give him a pass, he needs more snaps to truly judge him.

RE: obueghi - masonbengals fan - 08-11-2018

Not even dominate just hold your own. Is that too much to ask of a 1st rounder.

RE: obueghi - Socal Bengals fan - 08-11-2018

Ogbuehi got beat with speed rusher on the outside Twice. In the run game he gets zero push. None zero. Same for fisher. I can’t stand how passive they both are. We need help ASAP.

RE: obueghi - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 04:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ogbuehi got beat with speed rusher on the outside Twice.  In the run game he gets zero push. None zero.  Same for fisher.  I can’t stand how passive they both are.  We need help ASAP.

Sounds like they were ruined by PA, this passive stuff isn't going to cut it.

Nasty, smart and aggressive is what Pollack says he wants in his O-lineman, wouldn't be surprised to see one of these
guys cut and us bringing in someone else come cutdown day. There should be lots of them out there better than what
these two are showing. Not surprised Og is still struggling, had no hope for him but Fisher struggling kind of hurts.

Thought Fisher atleast would be a good backup for us and still had hope for him.

RE: obueghi - NATI BENGALS - 08-11-2018

There was a run play stretched out to the right. Ogbuehi was moving well with all of his athleticism leading the way. Avoiding contact.... Thats when my preseason hopes and dreams of an Ogbuehi turning his career around came crashing down

He doesnt have the want to or will to be a successful AFC North OL

RE: obueghi - I_C_DeadPeople - 08-11-2018

Last year there was one good O lineman - Boiling. This year, there is 3 - Glenn, Boiling and Price but Price is a rookie and it would have been nice to have a RG with experience on his other side as well as Boiling. No right side and no depth - brutal. This needed to be addressed and has not been. Playing with fire as the rest of the Offense is set.

RE: obueghi - grampahol - 08-11-2018

I have a hunch that the first chance they get to pick up a couple of decent RTs Og and Fisher will both be on the outside looking in. It's not as if unemployment will hurt either one since they both have been paid good salaries over the past few years and have college degrees.  

RE: obueghi - psychdoctor - 08-11-2018

He flat out stone walled on some plays, other plays he looked loss just like about everyone else.  Og doesn't have the core strength for running plays.  It is not there.  Pass Pro, he is hot and cold but did better than last year.  Rushing,  not good but either was Hopkins.  

People have to realize that the O-Line is the chemistry between 5 players.  Bengals have a rookie cannon ball that has his head spinning from the play book and scanning field responsibilities, a RG that in my opinion played poorly.  RT in Hart did well considering.  They really need Westerman to be the player he should.  

RE: obueghi - Go Cards - 08-12-2018

(08-11-2018, 12:20 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: What are you talking about? I have watched him over the past years and in every game he has had multiple no hitters!

Ced has more no hitters than Cy Young, Sandy Koufax,  and Nolan Ryan combined.

And it is not even close.