Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ = GOAT? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ = GOAT? (/Thread-AJ-GOAT)

Pages: 1 2

AJ = GOAT? - BengalHawk62 - 08-14-2018

Color me happy!  This article sums up perfectly why AJ has quickly risen to become one of my favorite Bengals of all time.   He's an anti-diva receiver, in the same vein as Larry Fitzgerald in my opinion.  I sincerely hope he gets his wish of being known as one of the best ever, to be whispered in the same breath as Jerry and Moss. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790622-aj-green-out-to-be-the-goat-thats-what-i-strive-for-every-day

RE: AJ = GOAT? - bengalfan74 - 08-14-2018

I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility but he has a ways to go yet.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - HarleyDog - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 03:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility but he has a ways to go yet.

A couple playoff victories wouldn't hurt his cause. Although, there a lot of players considered great who's teams have not experienced playoff success.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - bengalfan74 - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 03:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: A couple playoff victories wouldn't hurt his cause. Although, there a lot of players considered great who's teams have not experienced playoff success.

Agree,  Regular positions aren't as hamstrung to playoff success as much as QB's but it still doesn't hurt, especially for Bengals.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Sled21 - 08-14-2018

I think AJ is one of the best to ever play, but will he be remembered for that? Probably not, because when he retires the sportscasters will go on and on about Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham..... I have my doubts he will even be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Same with Geno Atkins. Do they deserve to be 1st ballot HOFers, heck yeah..... will they be... probably not. The Hall is a joke, and it's like no Bengals allowed. Munoz had to force his way in by being so heads above any other tackle to play the game they had to induct him. Just think of all the great Bengals through the years, and none of them even get in......

RE: AJ = GOAT? - jason - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 02:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Color me happy!  This article sums up perfectly why AJ has quickly risen to become one of my favorite Bengals of all time.   He's an anti-diva receiver, in the same vein as Larry Fitzgerald in my opinion.  I sincerely hope he gets his wish of being known as one of the best ever, to be whispered in the same breath as Jerry and Moss. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790622-aj-green-out-to-be-the-goat-thats-what-i-strive-for-every-day

I assumed this thread was gonna be about McCarron.

I miss that guy. Think of all of the shit we could traded him for.... A practice bubble, retractable roof... You name it.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - CKwi88 - 08-14-2018

Statistically, I don't think anyone will be catching Jerry Rice. It will be hard to make any objective argument as to why any WR not named Jerry Rice is the GOAT, let alone AJ.

That's not a knock on AJ, Jerry Rice was just superhuman.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - XenoMorph - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 02:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Color me happy!  This article sums up perfectly why AJ has quickly risen to become one of my favorite Bengals of all time.   He's an anti-diva receiver, in the same vein as Larry Fitzgerald in my opinion.  I sincerely hope he gets his wish of being known as one of the best ever, to be whispered in the same breath as Jerry and Moss. 

Well its possible for him to top all the WR franchise records this year.. (not likely but possible)    I think the hard one is he needs 18 tds

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Sweetness - 08-14-2018

Dont get me wrong, I love me some AJ and think he is a Bengal great. But we're talking about GOAT status...as in Greatest Of All Time! AJ will never been considered GOAT if he play off numbers continue to be averages of 4.5 receptions, 58 ypg, and .25 touchdowns over 4 games. That's bad folks...like real bad. Obviously part of this depends on the QB but no one cares about that when talking about the GOAT. The best get it done no matter what.

People in here talking about Julio Jones like he's some scrub. Look at his numbers compared to AJs, his playoff numbers and big games put up compared to AJs, his team playoff success compared to AJs and you wonder why he gets more attention? Now I think AJ is a better player and given AJ was with Matt Ryan he would have better numbers but he has no one to blame for our playoff failures but himself and that's how you get in GOAT talk.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Sweetness - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 04:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Statistically, I don't think anyone will be catching Jerry Rice. It will be hard to make any objective argument as to why any WR not named Jerry Rice is the GOAT, let alone AJ.

Jerry Rice was a cheat.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-14-2018

Good article, but damn, they can't resist taking shots at 14, can they?  Shit, we all know Dalton is a mid tier QB, but if you read the article without knowing any better, you'd swear he wasn't any better than Akili Smith.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-14-2018

I don't think there has been a more talented, class act of a Receiver ever honestly.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Yojimbo - 08-14-2018

Nice to see he plans on being a Bengal for life and playing 7 more years ThumbsUp

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Bengalbug - 08-14-2018

From a pure football standpoint.

Rice
Moss
Owens

Then we can talk about someone like megatron.

I think cracking top 10 alltime is a more realistic goal

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Nicomo Cosca - 08-15-2018

(08-14-2018, 04:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Statistically, I don't think anyone will be catching Jerry Rice. It will be hard to make any objective argument as to why any WR not named Jerry Rice is the GOAT, let alone AJ.

Having Montana and Young as your QB’s certainly helps too...

RE: AJ = GOAT? - BengalFanInNJ - 08-15-2018

(08-15-2018, 12:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Having Montana and Young as your QB’s certainly helps too...

And stick'em on your hands during the Super Bowl. 

Effing cheater.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - BengalFanInNJ - 08-15-2018

(08-14-2018, 04:20 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Jerry Rice was a cheat.

Read this after my replies. You are 100% correct, sir.  :andy:

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Go Cards - 08-15-2018

Big AJG fan and hope he does reach GOAT status.

Yet he will certainly have to have playoff success to reach that pinnacle.

Hoping he does, very class act and so glad he wears Bengals stripes and intends to until the end.

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Go Cards - 08-15-2018

(08-15-2018, 12:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Having Montana and Young as your QB’s certainly helps too...

Heck yes it does when it is those two. 

RE: AJ = GOAT? - Passepartout - 08-15-2018

People can learn from A.J. be a great W.R. but also a better person indeed.